The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: JDoub is the Man!!!  (Read 569 times)

Offline MT FishmanTeters

• IceShanty Rookie
JDoub is the Man!!!
« on: Dec 18, 2016, 07:32 PM »
Just a quick shout out to JDoub. I was out at EGRA today with an old, dull, hand crank, that wasn't drilling any holes. I saw him, made the trek across the pond, and made a $5-$10 offer to pop me some holes after he was done drilling his. To my surprise, he declined the money and handed over his auger.  He said go drill your holes while I set up my shanty. Which I gladly did. When I returned his auger, her told me that if I needed it again, to stop over. He also invited me into his shanty for a warm up if I needed. Maybe I take you up on it next time.
As for fishing...the bite was another typical day out there. Missed lots and lots of fish. I landed 19 perch and 1 nice largemouth. I only fished for about two hours. Around 11 the bite was insane. 15 of my fish came from 11 to 11:40. I had a very nice perch shake free at the hole. All perch landed were from 8-10 inches. The bass I pulled out was 16 inches. Awesome time!!!  Ice was a little over 4 inches where I was at. All fish came from about 18 fow on EagleClaw Micro Ice Jigs tipped with maggots
Thanks again JDoub. You made this possible for me.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Re: JDoub is the Man!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2016, 10:11 PM »
What a great gesture, but not surprising. Hardwater fishermen/fisherwomen seem to look out for one another.

:thumbsup: Way 2 go JDoub..........Kudos 2 you sir !!  :clap:

Offline Jdoub

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: JDoub is the Man!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2016, 10:34 PM »
Just a quick shout out to JDoub. I was out at EGRA today with an old, dull, hand crank, that wasn't drilling any holes. I saw him, made the trek across the pond, and made a $5-$10 offer to pop me some holes after he was done drilling his. To my surprise, he declined the money and handed over his auger.  He said go drill your holes while I set up my shanty. Which I gladly did. When I returned his auger, her told me that if I needed it again, to stop over. He also invited me into his shanty for a warm up if I needed. Maybe I take you up on it next time.
As for fishing...the bite was another typical day out there. Missed lots and lots of fish. I landed 19 perch and 1 nice largemouth. I only fished for about two hours. Around 11 the bite was insane. 15 of my fish came from 11 to 11:40. I had a very nice perch shake free at the hole. All perch landed were from 8-10 inches. The bass I pulled out was 16 inches. Awesome time!!!  Ice was a little over 4 inches where I was at. All fish came from about 18 fow on EagleClaw Micro Ice Jigs tipped with maggots
Thanks again JDoub. You made this possible for me.

**BLUSHING** Thanks all. Such kind words. Had a great day also. First day was a great start to the season. Look forward to more of them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.