Author Topic: Painting sleds  (Read 958 times)

Offline NanookofN-MN

• Team IceShanty Regular
Painting sleds
« on: Oct 07, 2017, 09:43 AM »
I've started to see some people painting the inside of the sled of the their flip over shacks usually white to help improve light reflection.  Some manufactures have even started making the insides white. I am wondering if anyone on here has tried painting their sled what type of paint did you use and how is it holding up? Picture include is a picture I came across online.

I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do. – Izaak Walton

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Painting sleds
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2017, 08:07 PM »
I painted the inside of my Eskimo 1 man sled with Fusion which is supposed to be good for plastic and it was flaking after the second outing. I think its the effects of the cold that does it. It was a new sled and i prepped the surface before i applied the paint.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Painting sleds
« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 2017, 03:49 PM »
I painted the inside of my Eskimo 1 man sled with Fusion which is supposed to be good for plastic and it was flaking after the second outing. I think its the effects of the cold that does it. It was a new sled and i prepped the surface before i applied the paint.

Thanks after reading this post I was considering it but based on your out come I think I will pass on the new paint job project.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.