Author Topic: Eskimo Quickfish 3I vs. Frabill Bunker 210 or 250  (Read 4260 times)

Offline Ozzy177

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo Quickfish 3I vs. Frabill Bunker 210 or 250
« on: Oct 04, 2017, 04:53 PM »
Ok, I'm looking to pick up an ice hut for this next ice season. I have narrowed it down between an Eskimo Quickfish 3I and either a Frabill Bunker 210 or 250. I've heard a lot of good things about Eskimo, and the fact that i could pickup an insulated shelter for $220 is great. However, I saw that the Frabill huts have 44.5 sq.ft. of fishable space compared to the Eskimo's 34 sq.ft. The Frabill does cost more ($250 for only the top insulation, and $300 for full insulation), but 10 more sqare feet of fishable space sounds great to me. I just haven't heard anything about these Frabill huts. Are they any good? Does anyone have any experience with these shelters?

Also, are insulated shelters any more durable than uninsulated?

Thanks,
Collin

Eskimo: http://www.landmsupply.com/department/sporting-goods/ice-fishing/fish-houses/hub-style/eskimo-quickfish-3i-insulated-pop-up-shelter?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=google_base&gclid=Cj0KCQjwjdLOBRCkARIsAFj5-GBIwFaiLA_7vtBF_h-kLnHulU4yxKT110eYDGUI3wRlJ_3YHJEEGdIaAi6tEALw_wcB

Frabill 210: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/frabill-bunker-210-ice-fishing-shelter-insulated-hub-style-2-3-person?a=1845479

Frabill 250: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/frabill-bunker-insulated-hub-style-250-ice-fishing-shelter-2-3-person?a=1845480

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Eskimo Quickfish 3I vs. Frabill Bunker 210 or 250
« Reply #1 on: Oct 04, 2017, 06:34 PM »
Let me know if you need pictures.. I have the frabil 7013 and a bunker 450 wich is similar to the 250 but mines a 6 man lodge.. they redesigned the hubs to be more sturdy in the bunker model hubs then in the line up with the 7013.. wich were cheap flimsy cast aluminum hubs were they made them differently for the current model.. and ya the fabric has nothing to do with it being better made just retains warmth better my 7013 is roof insulated at 600d and has 300d walls a 900d skirt the whole shanty is 300d inside  blanket layer then 300d  outside for 600d total on my bunker hub .. frinend of mine has a gander mtn hub shanty made by eskimo has a lot of quality each are good shanties.. I suggest you sit in one before you buy check the zpiper pulls I know my frabills are junk but it has held together on the 7013.. I barely use the bunker.. and have though about buying the 250..  I still have the 450 and can get pictures but I think your better off siting in it first hand.. I know my 450 is huge and hard to heat cause of amount of space it has.. I got a big buddy and it does not heat it enough still get chilled to the bone in it cause if cubic footage is bigger double to be exact over the bunker 250.. I can get pics if need  but will take some time doing so.. let me know if you want them?? 

Offline Ozzy177

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2017, 07:14 PM »
Thanks for the info. Yeah I definitely like the fact that the Frabill's have more area. I would definitely appreciate some pictures whenever you have a chance. Would you say the bunker 250 is overall well built? Or would it be wise to stick with the proven quality of Eskimo? I really just want a hut that is durable and that will last awhile. I plan on being on the ice around 5 days a week this winter, so I really need it to hold up.
Thanks

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2017, 07:21 PM »
Thanks for the info. Yeah I definitely like the fact that the Frabill's have more area. I would definitely appreciate some pictures whenever you have a chance. Would you say the bunker 250 is overall well built? Or would it be wise to stick with the proven quality of Eskimo? I really just want a hut that is durable and that will last awhile. I plan on being on the ice around 5 days a week this winter, so I really need it to hold up.
Thanks

The hubs are better then before in the frabill I have barely used my frabills zippers have a complaint about them yet..in the bunker but have used the heck out of my 7013 fishauflauge ambush out post to know those were crap made.. zippers held up.. how I don't know??   but I will get pictures asap.. got to dig it out..any paticlar shots your looking for??  LIke windows hubs zippers poles etc ?? Before I dig it out

Offline Ozzy177

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2017, 07:33 PM »
The hubs are better then before in the frabill I have barely used my frabills zippers have a complaint about them yet..in the bunker but have used the heck out of my 7013 fishauflauge ambush out post to know those were crap made.. zippers held up.. how I don't know??   but I will get pictures asap.. got to dig it out..any paticlar shots your looking for??  LIke windows hubs zippers poles etc ?? Before I dig it out
No Rush! A little bit of everything would be great as far as pictures go. Thanks again.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2017, 09:26 PM »
Hub shot of the bunker 450

Hub shots of the 7013 as you can tell cheaper made and not as sturdy broke two hubs already..

Windows on the 450 have thicker velcro.. then the 7013 as seen in these photos they used .75 to 1 inch in the 7013 and about 1.5 inch on the 450 shanty..of velcro seal around windows.. and I did not have a problem installing these windows and the windows shades are same as the cover of entire shanty...

Zippers and zipper pulls are about same on bolth shantis maybe a little beefier on the 450 if so not much..

Out side shot of the 450 it does seem a lot larger then the 7013 at it base inperson..

By the way fabric seems heavier duty on the 450 like it's 600 +600 compared to my 7013 but of corse my 7013 has been used every week end for the last 5 years some times 3 days at a time..

Hope these photos work out for you best of luck shopping...

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 2017, 09:29 PM »
I did notice to the window size was larger in the 7013 then the bunker there big enough to use if any thing to see tip ups..

Offline Ozzy177

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 04, 2017, 10:03 PM »
I really appreciate you digging out the hut for me. Thanks for the pictures. I'm definitely liking the Frabill the more research I do. Also, do you know anything about Frabill Bro Series? It is the same as the Bunker as far as I can tell, but it sounds like it might be a little beefier. Heard anything about it?

Frabill Bro Hub: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/frabill-bro-hub-ice-fishing-shelter-insulated-2-3-person-snow-camo?a=1845483

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 05, 2017, 11:09 AM »
I really appreciate you digging out the hut for me. Thanks for the pictures. I'm definitely liking the Frabill the more research I do. Also, do you know anything about Frabill Bro Series? It is the same as the Bunker as far as I can tell, but it sounds like it might be a little beefier. Heard anything about it?

Frabill Bro Hub: https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/frabill-bro-hub-ice-fishing-shelter-insulated-2-3-person-snow-camo?a=1845483

Sorry no I have not and ya it maybe beefier I would find some one who owns it or sign in it before you buy it.. best of luck..

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 06, 2017, 09:49 AM »

Also, are insulated shelters any more durable than uninsulated?

I would have to say yes. You get less light shining through in an insulated, but the condensation can get trapped somewhat in the insulation and freeze making packup a little more tedious.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 06, 2017, 02:50 PM »
Just noticed they got a 310 with 64 sqft were the 250 has 44.5 sqft.. I think the 310 is a new shack ??

Offline DBV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2017, 09:35 AM »
Curious what you ended up buying?  Also looking at a QuickFish 3i, Frabill Bro Hub (very little reviews on this, but looks nice) and Polar Bird 3t.  Thanks!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2017, 01:29 PM »
Curious what you ended up buying?  Also looking at a QuickFish 3i, Frabill Bro Hub (very little reviews on this, but looks nice) and Polar Bird 3t.  Thanks!

I bought s curgent eskimo quick fish 3I for $154.99 from l&m supply  for black Friday special.. it's not a bad shanty it's the newer one with black roof.. any how comparing to my 7013 it's same size as in elbow room and fishable area , and better fabric, as for the hub there better made then my 7013 bUT my bunker 450 is better made in the hubs then the 3i I think.. 

I also got a otter cabin last year's model I was not that impressed with as I was  the 3i or the bunker full themail tents.. smaller less elbow room  window are not as good and the hubs are similar to the 3i on The Otter  .. but every ones different and have opinions on every thing... 

For the price point of the otters I was disipointed in them..

if I was to buy another I would buy the full thermal bunker 250 my self but..

any how what did the original poster end up with??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.