Author Topic: magazines  (Read 2348 times)

Offline F.I.Sherman

• IceShanty Rookie
magazines
« on: Sep 28, 2017, 12:39 PM »
any information on this years ice fishing magazines, Infisherman or F&W

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: magazines
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2017, 04:41 PM »
I am going to go out on a limb. Predicting it will be chock full of advertising. Also predict at least two stories of some  new lure that outproduces everything  else everyone is using. Despite even the writers disbelief at first. ::)
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2017, 05:20 PM »
Check online for new issues.

You may find a free download.      ;)2

:icefish:

Offline F.I.Sherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2017, 05:54 PM »
I haven't been able to find them online

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2017, 05:58 PM »
 waiting, and finally finding the magazines in some gas station is a tradition similar to christmas for myself.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2017, 06:23 PM »
The F&W magazine Ice Fishing is a newsstand only item

the In Fisherman Tactical and In Fisherman Ice Gear ..may be available on line @ IF website  waiting to hear back..it will be on new stands early October .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline tacklebox07

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2017, 07:00 PM »
I got my In-fisherman this week.
In-Fisherman magazine Oct, Nov 2017 pg 10:
Ice fishing Guide-Tactical gear: on newsstands Oct. 3
Ice fishing Guide: on newsstands Dec. 5

Offline F.I.Sherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2017, 11:25 PM »
thanks that's the info I was looking for

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2017, 06:04 PM »
Here's a teaser.     74 pages from Outdoors Unlimited Magazine.

Save the link ~ 5 more ICE issues to come.        :thumbsup:           :icefish:

Click this.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Oct 01, 2017, 06:50 AM »
If I remember right last year someone posted a link to a site where you could order the magazines from but I can't remember the site or the post that it was in.  Does anyone know what the website is/was?

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Oct 01, 2017, 01:19 PM »
If I remember right last year someone posted a link to a site where you could order the magazines from but I can't remember the site or the post that it was in.  Does anyone know what the website is/was?

Intermedia . com I believe ...I have been buying the In-Fisherman Ice Guides for several years from that sie ...but they are now defunct ...keep checking the IF website subscribe tab it may pop up there from what I was told by staff.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Oct 02, 2017, 07:52 PM »
Intermedia . com I believe ...I have been buying the In-Fisherman Ice Guides for several years from that sie ...but they are now defunct ...keep checking the IF website subscribe tab it may pop up there from what I was told by staff.

https://www.osgnewsstand.com/collection?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_term=infisherman&utm_content=icefishing

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Oct 03, 2017, 03:47 AM »
Thanks Pal, the one I was looking for was the Infisherman Ice Fishing Tactical Gear from last year.   If you have last year's edition how would you rate it?

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 03, 2017, 03:56 AM »
Thanks Pal, the one I was looking for was the Infisherman Ice Fishing Tactical Gear from last year.   If you have last year's edition how would you rate it?
Try this.....
https://www.osgnewsstand.com/product/ice-fishing1-2019
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Oct 03, 2017, 05:49 AM »

I have always enjoyed In-Fisherman magazine and website ...wealth of really good information...as far as rating last year ..first they split it up into two magazines...it was thinner and yes advertising throughout ...so 7 out of 10 based on years past issues . But not much "print" out there for our beloved sport... I  do love print ...in years past there was always a great new technique or advancement in cutting edge technology ...those techniques and advancements are slow coming now ...I believe we may have peaked in this modern day of ice fishing.. sure there will always be the new "it" girl lure , technique and technology . Most of what I read in print and online is revised old techniques with some nuances to old style lures ...and yes my copy of the In-fisherman Ice Guide will be coming in the mail soon .. ;)2 

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Oct 03, 2017, 07:32 AM »
Thanks for the link, I know its mostly adds, and should just be included in the infisherman subscriptions....but what are ya gonna do, I like reading in print and looking at real photos too :-)
 :tipup:
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Oct 03, 2017, 08:15 AM »
Did In Fisherman ever come out with the Ice Fishing Guide last year the only one I found was that Gear Mag that came out around October?

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Oct 03, 2017, 11:08 AM »
Did In Fisherman ever come out with the Ice Fishing Guide last year the only one I found was that Gear Mag that came out around October?
Yes they did, I'm pretty sure the annual In-Fisherman "Ice Fishing Guide" magazine hit newsstands sometime in early December.

Offline MaineAngler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Oct 03, 2017, 11:10 AM »
Here is a link to a free digital fishing magazine from ODU Mag. t The mags cover ice fishing from Oct to February >>>> https://www.odumagazine.com/Magazines/ODUSeptember2017/
Chester

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #19 on: Oct 04, 2017, 12:46 AM »
I started doing the in fisherman digital download last winter. It is a lot handier, and my copies don't wear out and stay organized. 😀

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #20 on: Oct 04, 2017, 08:52 PM »
I am going to go out on a limb. Predicting it will be chock full of advertising. Also predict at least two stories of some  new lure that outproduces everything  else everyone is using. Despite even the writers disbelief at first. ::)

I also predict the guides location and phone number at the end of the article.

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Oct 06, 2017, 08:01 PM »
  Picked up the In-Fisherman Ice Tactical Gear at BAM today. But, still not ready to put the boat away yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.