Author Topic: 180lbs, 6ft Tall, 34"inseam and want an Ice bib and Jacket that FITS  (Read 3854 times)

Offline Sportsman44

• Team IceShanty Regular
Every year guys are looking to find the right clothing for ice fishing and ice Shanty is the best source of info , and yes I have read a hundred posts already.
You guys have some of the best clothes out there, but what will fit a guy my size?  My problem seems to be leg length and sleeve length and I'm not that tall and my arms aren't that long.  But do you think I can get a coat and a bib that fits for icefishing with padded knees for extreme cold? 
Ice Armour Extreme - great suit but too short in the arms ! and the legs !
I fear the same for:
  • Frabil SnoSuit and Frabil Ice suit
  • and Strikemaster ice suit

The best fit for my arms and legs so far is the Cabella's Guide Series Suits

I was hoping to gather some of your insight here.

Cheers
    Sportsman44
    Sportsman

Offline xcr440

• Team IceShanty Addict
    I'm 6' 200 lbs and wear a size L pants and jacket in a frabill Sno suit fit is nice as theynare both "cut" to move and work in.

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
    I know the striker ice suit has an adjustable inseam it goes from 30-36 inch I believe

Offline Voltaire

• No view profile
    • Team IceShanty Regular
    • Some call me the Pannie Dropper
    Try and find one for a 6'6" 280lb 36" inseam too if you could!
    "The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
    -John Buchan

Offline Sportsman44

• Team IceShanty Regular
    I know the striker ice suit has an adjustable inseam it goes from 30-36 inch I believe
    Their website does not list inseam lengths.  Nice that it floats
    Sportsman

Offline Sportsman44

• Team IceShanty Regular
    I'm 6' 200 lbs and wear a size L pants and jacket in a frabill Sno suit fit is nice as theynare both "cut" to move and work in.
    You have the SnoSuit from frabil right?  do you feel like the leg length is a bit short?  and do they fit over your pack boots or have to be tucked in?
    Sportsman

Offline xcr440

• Team IceShanty Addict
    I have the red snow suit from frabill. I feel the leg length is right. I use the suit snowmobiling and the pants arn't too short when sitting down. I wear lacrosse ice men pak boots. They fit over the boots with lots of room to spare.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
    I too have heard the inseam on the striker ice suits is adjustable - that's a cool idea.  Try emailing them your question, they got back to me within a few hours!
    Tight lines

Offline moab

• IceShanty Rookie
    I just got the Striker suit.  Im 5'10 and 185. I got the large coat and med bibs.  The coat has plenty of room for layers.  Im thinking i shouldnt have mixed it up and gone with the large bib.  Im usually a 33-34 waist jean and their cutoff between med and large was 34 so, it was a guess on my part.  It fits fine just no room to layer much..but sounds like might not need anything more with these suits.  Time will tell.

Offline Matt_Atkins

• Team IceShanty Regular
    Im about your size,
    I dont bother with bibs or parkas, layer

top[
    Light all merino wool long sleeve, medium merino wool long sleeve, wool sweather, fleece jacket, raincoat .

Bottem

fitted long johns, not cotton, go polypro, loose long johns, regular pants, rain pants.

Granted temps are nowhere near as could as yours down here in CT, but layering lets you remove layers.

Merino wool is pricey, but you can find it cheap in thrift stores, even wool dress pants.
    Wool is the ultimate fiber, stuff like Under Armor dosent come close,
    wool retains warmth when wet, dosent smell, regulates body temps,

in short I love wool. 

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
    I just got the Striker suit.  Im 5'10 and 185. I got the large coat and med bibs.  The coat has plenty of room for layers.  Im thinking i shouldnt have mixed it up and gone with the large bib.  Im usually a 33-34 waist jean and their cutoff between med and large was 34 so, it was a guess on my part.  It fits fine just no room to layer much..but sounds like might not need anything more with these suits.  Time will tell.

How's the length on the medium bibs?  I just got my Lite suit with large bibs and large parka.  I'm the same size as you and the bibs on me fit well around the waist but were just a tad bit long.

Offline slabkiller

• IceShanty Rookie
    There are three length settings on the Striker Ice bibs. They come preset at the longest setting. You can make them 3" shorter or 6" shorter by resetting the hem (velcro). It's a pretty slick system. You can always order a different size in the jacket vs the bib to get the best fit.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
    Im about your size,
    I dont bother with bibs or parkas, layer

top[
    Light all merino wool long sleeve, medium merino wool long sleeve, wool sweather, fleece jacket, raincoat .

Bottem

fitted long johns, not cotton, go polypro, loose long johns, regular pants, rain pants.

Granted temps are nowhere near as could as yours down here in CT, but layering lets you remove layers.

Merino wool is pricey, but you can find it cheap in thrift stores, even wool dress pants.
    Wool is the ultimate fiber, stuff like Under Armor dosent come close,
    wool retains warmth when wet, dosent smell, regulates body temps,

in short I love wool.
    sounds like a good layering system, which is what I used to use until I thought about trying to swim with all that on...what if you go through the ice with all that on?  I'm not trying to scare you, but it's something to think about.
    Tight lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
    Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
    © 1996- Iceshanty.com
    All Rights Reserved.