Author Topic: Warm boots that really will not leak even if standing in 6 inches of ice slush.  (Read 7082 times)

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
That sucks!!!! I have a pair of Ranger Summits that I have worn for years with no problems.... :)

Ranger Summit x's 2....... $56 at Tractor Supply Co.

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
I have had many pairs of Sorel boots.  They are light, keep your feet warm, but when it comes to standing in slush every pair I owned leaked.  And no it wasn't sweat.  Bought me a pair of Lacrosse Alpha Burley 1200's. Haven't needed them yet this year, but from what I am hearing, the next time out I will be trying them out.  I will be using them only in wet conditions. 
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline deam

• IceShanty Rookie
Muck boots all the way!!! Get them 13"  or higher that should cover most conditions!!!
YO!!! Give a local fellow a chance!!!

Offline JRA

• Team IceShanty Regular
Don't mean to sound dumb but I have to know which Muck boot you guys are talking about?  I bought a pair of Arctic Sport last year.  I agree 100% on the waterproof,  but my feet FREEZE in those things.  I got them more for the dry factor but My feet get cold with them even when it is mildly cold.  Is it me or is there another Arctic model that would be warmer? Good luck and stay safe.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Don't mean to sound dumb but I have to know which Muck boot you guys are talking about?  I bought a pair of Arctic Sport last year.  I agree 100% on the waterproof,  but my feet FREEZE in those things.  I got them more for the dry factor but My feet get cold with them even when it is mildly cold.  Is it me or is there another Arctic model that would be warmer? Good luck and stay safe.
i got the artic pros and them babys are the best boots i have ever owned ...warm and dry and comfy to fish or hunt in.... :thumbsup:

Offline JRA

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks holehawg I'll take a look for them.

Offline mikeT973

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline beau2

• Team IceShanty Regular
OK I will get some Muck boots.  I wear a size 11 1/2 - should I get size 11 or size 12?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
OK I will get some Muck boots.  I wear a size 11 1/2 - should I get size 11 or size 12?
i got  size one  bigger and just wear one layer of good socks so my feet dont sweat in the boot...just what works fer me

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
i got the 12's :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline upstate bass2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Muck boots are the most waterproof boots I have ever owned. The tall ones go almost to your knee and as long as the water does not go over the top you are dry. I have had pac boots that where as warm or warmer but they usually leak at the seams after a few years . Also if you walk a lot the light weight and extreme comfort are a big plus.

Offline USNAVYABH

• IceShanty Rookie
MUCK BOOTS ARTIC

Offline 2Dales

• Team IceShanty Regular
Mickeys for sure!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.