Author Topic: New Boots  (Read 11739 times)

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: New Boots
« Reply #30 on: Dec 04, 2006, 02:42 PM »
no....but they need to be re-soled....they charge for that....the leather upper is the only part that has the lifetime guarantee ::)

no way...bring em back and tell you want a store credit and they will give you one...i have done it plenty of times...check your email

Offline mnfishman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 04, 2006, 02:45 PM »
I purchased a pair of Cablea's Inferno™ 2000 Pac Boot last year for deer hunting and ice fishing.  I have not had a problem with them at all.  They have an agressive tread my HT cleats fit over them.  I have never tried the Micky Mouse boots but I don't think they would work for me anyway since I have to walk to all my spots for fishing early ice.  I don't have a snowmobile or 4 wheeler.  They cost me $129 on sale last year.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 04, 2006, 03:11 PM »
If you budget is really tight look for Herman Survivors sold exclusively at Walmart.  I bought a pair on sale for $15, regular they are about $24.  They have 600 gram Thinsulate and good traction.  They will last you a good 2-3 years but at the price you can't complain when you have to replace them.  They are very light weight, warm and for the most part waterproof.  For those on a tight budget, you can't go wrong here.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Dec 04, 2006, 03:11 PM »
no way...bring em back and tell you want a store credit and they will give you one...i have done it plenty of times...check your email
they are 10 years old.....I tried scotty and they said I had to pay for the new soles....how bout we drive up there and you can work some magic for me?  ;D

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2006, 03:34 PM »
they are 10 years old.....I tried scotty and they said I had to pay for the new soles....how bout we drive up there and you can work some magic for me?  ;D

definately...ill go with ya...they have never refused me  :-\  i got a pir i need to bring back anyway....ill show ya how we do 2  ;)

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2006, 03:35 PM »
sounds good man....I'll be in touch

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2006, 04:04 PM »
I just got a pair of the Cabela's Snow Squall 1200's this year. I wore them for the first time this past Friday as I plowed my drive. Very warm. I actually plowed my drive twice and used my old boots the second time. I can really tell the difference between a Farm & Fleet special and a quality pair of boots. I am glad I got them. Now I just need some ice to go fishing on. Snow Squalls are $90 at Cabela's.
jbird68

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 04, 2006, 05:59 PM »
I'd go too that's bull. they say satisfaction guarantee.  you are just not satisfied...that's all that matters, there doesn't have to be anything wrong with them ;)

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #38 on: Dec 04, 2006, 06:57 PM »
I'd go too that's bull. they say satisfaction guarantee.  you are just not satisfied...that's all that matters, there doesn't have to be anything wrong with them ;)

exactly  ;)  cash or credit sir?  may i see you're ID? thank you for shopping with us and happy holidays...next!!

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 04, 2006, 07:07 PM »
I just picked up a pair of Ranger Glacier Bay Rubber boots. I paid $50 at the local Farmer Supply.
They are rated to -80 deg F. I have not tested them in winter conditions, however with the wet deer season I have crossed a creek or three. They are very warm and comfy. Only time will tell if they will keep the toes warm this winter. 
Anyone else use them? How is the durabilty?

The specs from rangerboots.com

* 17" Forest Green double insulated pac
    * All-rubber, 100% waterproof, ozone-resistant, hand-made upper
    * Trac Tread™ outsole
    * Built-in 3/8" polymeric foam insulation in foot and ankle
    * Removable liner of polymeric foam wrap (total foam thickness ¾")
    * Built-in 9mm felt midsole
    * Drawcord closure, woven nylon top cuff
    * Heel kick-off
    * Steel shank
    * Comfort Zone to -80˚ F

Offline ratherbefishon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Dec 05, 2006, 09:22 AM »
Ranger Boats are the warmest pair ive found.
Flags are a beutiful site.

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #41 on: Dec 05, 2006, 04:49 PM »
One more vote for M-I-C-K-E-Y  M-O-U-S-E !  I did an inventory of a wearhouse when I was in the USAF and the count said we were three over what was on the manifest.  Needless to say I had to make the paper work balance.  Simple, supper effective and inexpensive.  Do a web search for the best price.

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #42 on: Dec 05, 2006, 04:51 PM »
Ranger Boats are the warmest pair ive found.

Are yours the heavy metallic real sparkly ones . With an outboard the size of a refrigerator ?

Those are not very warm and are very heavy . The plus side is they double as a PFD !!!   ;D ;D

Offline pizalm

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #43 on: Dec 05, 2006, 05:15 PM »
I have a pair of sorel bears and just put a pair of wool socks on over my regular socks. I've never had cold feet in them yet and have fished some cold cold temps. Mine are handcrafted ones but I heard recently sorel was bought out or they moved manufacturing to china and are no longer hand crafted.
pour me another one, I'm finished with the other one

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Dec 06, 2006, 12:28 AM »
Going on 5th season.  One total submersion.  It's a pac boot not a running shoe, but it feels like a tight fitting
hiking boot.  Very warm.  Price has been constant.  Good traction and support.  Replaceable liner (haven't needed to yet, but would recommend purchasing a second so you can dry one, while wearing the other if need be).  Relatively easy on/easy off with the lacing system.  I have a pair of Trans Alaskans I am waiting to break in, but just can't get around to it because I keep wearing these.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0006153830147a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=20&noImage=0&Ntt=pac+boots&Ntk=Products&QueryText=pac+boots&Ntx=matchall&N=4887&Nty=1

Standard disclaimer:  Not an employee or stockholder of Cabelas.  Just a satisfied customer.

MD

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Dec 06, 2006, 12:29 AM »
You will need to replace the COM with com in the above posting...

Offline Annie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm warm, yep!
« Reply #46 on: Dec 17, 2006, 07:25 AM »
Last year when we realized this was going to be our winter sport... not that we are good at it... we just enjoy it!! we decided to get some warm boots...

we went to www.kei.com      they had a very large selection to choose from..

http://www.rei.com/online/store/Search?storeId=8000&seq=1&link=1&title=Winter+Boots&query=*&cat=4500231%2C4500232%2C4501287&text=1&top=740602,740603,698968,712882,725582,725936,740635,742913&topTitle=Holiday+Favorites&vcat=REI_SSHP_FOOTWEAR_LD:P1

We both got a pair of Baffins and they are amazing how warm they keep our feet.

now had i known about the mickeys, i would have wanted a pair of them....... i like the idea of white boots... they are obviously proven warm too!! wow...
Martin's Point, Sabattus, Maine

Offline Seaduck

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Perch taste great
« Reply #47 on: Dec 21, 2006, 12:22 PM »
If you are thinking about getting the Cabela's Snow Squall boots, now is the time to do it as they are on sale for $79.95 both online and at the stores.  I have a pair and they are great.

Offline METIPPIN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Ice?
« Reply #48 on: Dec 22, 2006, 09:58 AM »
 Glacier Point™ Pac Boot  $69.95 from Cabelas I have had them for two years and have held up great The liner even has a spot for a toe warmer but i haven't had to use it yet boot is plenty warm.

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Dec 27, 2006, 07:56 PM »
I just placed an order for my second pair of Cabelas Polar Cap Pac Boot.  On sale for $80.
These were what I was referring to in my earlier post on this thread.  My originals (~5 years old now)
are still going strong, but sometimes I like to change boots mid-day or every other day...or keep a pair
at home, and a pair at camp....just call me the Emelda Marcos of the pac boots.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Jan 03, 2007, 08:47 PM »
I just got a brand new pair of white Mickey Mouse boots on Ebay from an Army Surplus store. Brand spanking new complete with military instructions for $40.00. I ruined one of a pair of my older ones by leaving them outside the door and allowed it to fill with rain for several days. The sole sucked up water and i couldn't get it all out. The top was open to the rain. I won't do that again.  :'(

Now if we could just get some ice around here!  >:( >:( >:(
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.