Author Topic: NORTH MICHIGAN CABINS  (Read 2127 times)

Offline jason korte

• IceShanty Rookie
NORTH MICHIGAN CABINS
« on: Dec 18, 2007, 12:18 PM »
ME AND THE FAM. RENTED TWO OF THE CABINS AT NORTH MICHIGAN RES. THIS PAST WEEKEND AND HAD A BALL!!  THE ONLY HARD PART WAS THE FACT THAT YUO HAVE TO HIKE ALL YOUR GEAR IN DUE TO THE ROADS DOWN TO THE CABIN BEING CLOSED. BUT ONCE WE WERE DOWN AND THE BUDWISERS CAME OUT AND THE FISH STARTED BITING ALL THAT WORK WAS WELL WORTH IT.  WE HAD VERY GOOD ACTION ON BOWS RANGING FROM 17-22" AND DID NOT EVEN HAVE TO MOVE THE SHACK ALL WEEKEND!  FOR ONLY $60.00 A NIGHT THE CABINS ARE GREAT, AND THEY COME PRESTOCKED WITH ALL THE FIRE WOOD TO HEAT THE PLACE IN THE WOOD STOVE WHICH KEEPS THE PLACE VERY WARM!  PINK JIGS WITH MEALIES THAT HAD THE HEADS RIPPED OF WAS THE TICKET TO SOMEWHERE AROUND 75-80 FISH C&R.  I CANT WAIT TO DO THIS AGIAN MAYBE RIGHT AFTER THE HOLIDAYS!!!!     GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON THE ICE
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;

Offline colorado_

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: NORTH MICHIGAN CABINS
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2007, 04:16 PM »
Sounds great.  What's the name and contact info??

Offline baetisrun1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:24 AM »
You are right, the cabins are great.  I thought you would like to know that there are other cabins just south of the HWY 14 out of Gould.  They are the Powerhorn cabins. They too are cozy and relatively inexpensive. However, they are not on the lake.  I thought this info. could come in handy if the State Park cabins are full.

J.P.

Offline jason korte

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2007, 04:03 PM »
Sounds great.  What's the name and contact info??
ALL THE RESEVATIONS HAVE TO BE MADE THRUOGH RESERVE AMERICA THEY HAVE A WEB SITE BUT I FOUND IT EASIER TO GO TO THE SITE AND GET THE PHONE NUMBER THEN CALL

Offline Just Ed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2007, 05:46 PM »
Jason - can you run your stuff down the road with a snowmobile or is it hike your stuff in only?

Thanks!

Offline mountainscout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2007, 10:15 AM »
There's a book with all of the Yurt info, by Litz, called Colorado, Hut to Hut. I've always wanted to get one, but they don't alow dogs/pets, so I have stayed away.
There's a whole netwrok of these yurts all over Colorado, there are actually 2 books, one for Northern CO and one for Southern.

Offline jason korte

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2007, 11:22 AM »
Jason - can you run your stuff down the road with a snowmobile or is it hike your stuff in only?

Thanks!
THE PARK IS LOCATED INSIDE OF STATE FOREST STATE PARK AND THERE ARE LOTS OF 4 WHEEL DRIVE ROADS GOING OFF THE MAIN ROAD WHICH LEADS ME TO BELIEVE MOTORIZED VEHICLS ARE PERMITED BUT BEFORE I DID THIS I WOULD GET AHOLD OF THE STATE PARKS OFFICE AND CONFIRM

BY THE WAY A SNOW MOBILE WOULD HAVE MADE THIS TRIP EASY AND LOTS MORE FUN LUCKY GUY!!!

Offline Just Ed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2007, 11:53 AM »
Thanks Jason!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.