Author Topic: perch sizes  (Read 1046 times)

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
perch sizes
« on: Feb 02, 2006, 11:50 AM »
Any ideas why mission and echo perch are light for their length.  Last year on first ice I caught a 14.5" perch and it only waighed in at 1.3lbs!  THat one I know was sick, fairly skinny and skagily, but this year again caught 13.5"- went 1.3, and echo a 13 1/8" went 1.2   I know a guy caught a 13 1/2" at barrier and went 1lb10oz.  Echo guy I know caught a 14" last weekend and I weighed with my digital- 1.4lbs, +.1lb for water loss- still only 1.5lbs for a 14"! whats going on?
Withdraw to the Wilderness
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
Re: perch sizes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2006, 11:54 AM »
the barrier perch was a misprint- was 14.5 inches, not 13-.5- no need for fish stories.
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline MeadowPikeman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends fish without tip ups.
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2006, 04:08 PM »
thats the opposite problem on one of our local lakes they are short and stubby like this guy, kinda sucks when the tourney is for length

Ketchin dem Logs enough to build a house!!

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2006, 03:02 AM »
Im not going to lie to ya, that fish is hugely girthed, absolutely hilarious.  .  Next long perch i get ill put up a picture, so you can laugh. 
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline BRINGTHEICE64

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2006, 05:38 PM »
I know exacly were your coming from i have a shack on mission and i fish the lake alot in the winter months and i've really noticed that the weight is down consideriably compared to a lake like barrier.  2 weeks ago caught a 14.5 inch perch out at barrier and it weighed in at 1lbs 10 oz.  It was a very plump perch with a massive gurth.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.