The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Your 2022/23 season recap  (Read 4380 times)

Offline Steidyj

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Your 2022/23 season recap
« Reply #30 on: Feb 28, 2023, 01:23 PM »
That 60 degree day last week and I put a fork in it, gimme spring. "out" twice, got the opportunity to walk on some water, but never felt safe to put a line through it. Just wasn't the year for me to test the minimum thickness you can fish on. I am hoping this warm weather means this years weekend floats and getaways will have gorgeous weather. If not so be it, got a rain jacket for those special occasions. Congrats BH62 my pops is getting close too, excited for all the pictures of slobs he will send me while I am dreaming.

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 28, 2023, 06:45 PM »
I got out 1 evening about 2 hours. Here in SEPA. On Scotts run. The ice was thinner than my likings. 3" at best. I was hoping to make a trip to Bradys . But when The ice was good. My son couldn't make the trip. I've been fishing open water the hole time. Catch some gills now & then. We got into some crappies last week. But it was short lived. The crappies  must have thought it was spring . Hopefully we get better ice next year. Thank you for all the reports on conditions .

Offline 4seasonfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 04, 2023, 04:06 PM »

It irks me that every day my Facebook memory is of me catching fish thru the ice somewhere.  Man, this year was garbage!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Mar 13, 2023, 07:20 AM »
5 days on ice locally only hit it in December after that cold snap and January cold snap weak local season but took the two hour drive north every weekend to the adks n as of now got 21 days on the ice week compared to my usual 31-35 days I log usually I can’t complain tho compared to how it was for others looks like we’ll get 2 more weekends up there in the northern adks most lakes in central adks have 15-16” still

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.