Author Topic: Caught my largest LMB ever and battery in scale was dead. Help guess the weigh..  (Read 1752 times)

Offline Bobber Bob

• IceShanty Rookie
 I caught my largest largemouth bass over the weekend and my scales battery was dead. Can anyone guess the weight?

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Without a scale, I’d say between 4#-6#.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
X2. Nice fish

Offline Troutpursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
That's a nice bucket mouth.  5 lbs. guesstimate

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Got a length? 20" is usually around 5#.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac

If you know approximate dimensions (using your hand and tip-up for reference) you could use the following site...

https://www.bassresource.com/bassfishing/fishcalculator.html

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
4 lbs 15 ounces...nice one..
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline CleverDonkey

• IceShanty Rookie
Next time try to get a pic with the fish up against something recognizable for scale.  The ol' "hold the fish out to make it look bigger for the camera" trick is fun but makes it hard to guess the fish's size.  There's another pic with the fish closer to your chest but it's hard to guess without knowing how big you are.

All that said, 4lbs.

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
Nice bass, my guess would be 4.8.   Was the one in the live well the same size?
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
Was the one in the live well the same size?
It looks a bit smaller. I hope nobody hits the live well with a snowmobile or wheeler, because they'd probably take quite the tumble if they did.

Offline salmotrutta

• Team IceShanty Addict
Somewhere between 4 to 4.5#

Offline Mr.Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
All of 4.5, possibly quite close to 5. Strongly doubt more than that but that’s a very nice NH bass. Congrats.

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
It would help to know the length -- I would estimate 4 - 4.5 lbs. -- nice fish though regardless of the weight!

Offline saintonionis

• IceShanty Rookie
Next time try to get a pic with the fish up against something recognizable for scale.  The ol' "hold the fish out to make it look bigger for the camera" trick is fun but makes it hard to guess the fish's size.  There's another pic with the fish closer to your chest but it's hard to guess without knowing how big you are.

All that said, 4lbs.

The guy did take a picture next to 2 recognizable things. The hole and his heritage trap.... next time just guess the weight and not be a complete turd

Offline CleverDonkey

• IceShanty Rookie

The guy did take a picture next to 2 recognizable things. The hole and his heritage trap.... next time just guess the weight and not be a complete turd

Okay!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.