Author Topic: Little Shag  (Read 2161 times)

Offline blacknoise

• IceShanty Rookie
Little Shag
« on: Dec 26, 2013, 08:33 PM »
Heading out there this weekend, any reports on Little Shag yet? 

Offline Bigdee29

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Little Shag
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2013, 10:21 PM »
went once on early ice. caught one 15" rainbow, not much else but barometric pressure was really high and it was like 0 degrees out. Are you fishing for rainbow, perch or bluegill?

Offline blacknoise

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2013, 10:25 PM »
Gonna be mainly rainbow, going with a friend who knows the lake pretty well.  Will also be going after perch and maybe a few gills.

Offline Bigdee29

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2013, 10:28 PM »
Fish the bay across from the boat launch an hout before dark and you can catch some nice gills, if you can find the perch in that lake they are huge. I've fished that lake religiously for a few years now and have never caught a perch. Can find some nice rainbows tho, just remember its a class B lake and can only keep 3 trout over 15". I see a lot of violators out there who keep a limit of 15"+ out there, can still keep 5 but other 2 have to be under 15"

Offline rico1391

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2013, 09:41 PM »
My son is still in the hospital in Marquette, so I fished it last week, ended up with a 9.5" gill, a 10" perch and 3 throwback gills.  It was my first time fishing there though, so I wasn't too upset.

Offline blacknoise

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2013, 12:37 PM »
Made it out yesterday morning, we started out catching nothing but bass, right after sun up, moved to the far side of the lake, weren't even marking fish, so we went back to the original holes we had drilled, and caught 2 rainbow just before noon, one was 12, the other 14".  Good day to fish, even though the bite was quite slow.

Offline rico1391

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2013, 04:48 PM »
Does anyone want to go out there and try little shag Wednesday morning/evening or Thursday morning?

Offline rico1391

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2014, 07:20 PM »
We'll I went out for the afternoon, slow.  Ended up with 2 keeper gills, and I caught a few bass.  2 other groups out there, one got nothing and the other guy had one rainbow.

Offline atallgiraffe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2019, 06:30 PM »
Anybody know what the parking lot looks like after all this snow?

Offline atallgiraffe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2019, 12:15 PM »
Went there today. Parking lot is a mess, would need a BFT and even then might have a hard time. About foot and a half of snow and half foot slush, depending.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.