Author Topic: Marcum vs AquaVu  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Pitbull44

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum vs AquaVu
« on: Oct 02, 2019, 08:20 PM »
Already looking forward for ice season and wanting a camera for this season’s adventures.

Does anyone have any personal experience on the Marcum or AquaVu models?

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Marcum vs AquaVu
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2019, 09:11 PM »
I had the Aqua vu micro for a couple of seasons. I found it most useful to find weed lines than see fish, but that's just me

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2019, 07:04 AM »
I use the AquaVu micro. Here is my setup although I have replaced the green base w a smaller base to take up less space.  I use 3 holes in hut. Flasher & camera in middle hole & rods in outer holes. I can swivel the camera to watch my baits.

Offline Pitbull44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2019, 09:40 PM »
Thanks guys - I appreciate it. I posted this question on another forum and received similar feedback on the Aqua Vu models.

Sweet set up by the way!

Offline Pitbull44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2019, 09:43 PM »
Do you have any footage from your AV micro?

Offline JaminWI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2019, 10:01 PM »
Recon 5+ user here. It's good for finding weed lines as others mentioned but that's about it. Occasionally the light panfish bite looking down but I've only done that once. Compass has never worked no matter how many times I've tried resetting it. Also depth is usually off...considerably. But for what I use it for, I don't care.

Curious if anyone chimes in with feedback on the larger units. I'm considering getting a 7" HD unit for the wheelhouse this winter. I say it's for the kids entertainment, but that's only me trying to justify the cost of these. Definitely tempted to try the AV HD7i Gen 2 this time around.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 2019, 07:22 AM »
I also have one of the AquaVu Micro Revolutions and I love it. It's small. I have it mounted to a RAM ball, claw/clamp mount and clamp it to one of the bars in the flip over. Works awesome. This is exactly what I use to mount it to the hoop pole:
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #7 on: Oct 04, 2019, 05:03 PM »
Water clarity in this neck of the woods is most time less than great. Use that AV, micro to find the edges. Small carry it in a pocket use a snake arm to put it on my Vex or Helix.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline DrCro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2019, 04:57 PM »
Aqua Vue for sure, although if that water is dirty or stained it doesn't make a difference unfortunately.
Avid fishermen and lover of outdoors.

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2019, 05:40 PM »
I have a vexilare unit its reliable but aqua view has a better image when fishing with my buddies
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.