The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Shad Darts  (Read 665 times)

Offline Fishin_Addiction

• Team IceShanty Regular
Shad Darts
« on: Mar 02, 2024, 05:04 PM »
Was going through my jigs for ice fishing and needed another 3500 box. Went to my other fishing gear and took out a bunch of shad darts to make room for ice jigs. I was thinking that I might try a shad dart for jigging through the ice. Anyone tried one and had success? Any other non-ice fishing branded lures that you have turned into ice lures?

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FreshwaterPhil.com - Montreal fishing
Re: Shad Darts
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2024, 07:18 PM »
Was going through my jigs for ice fishing and needed another 3500 box. Went to my other fishing gear and took out a bunch of shad darts to make room for ice jigs. I was thinking that I might try a shad dart for jigging through the ice. Anyone tried one and had success? Any other non-ice fishing branded lures that you have turned into ice lures?

I think most rattlebaits were designed for open water, but I only use them or ice fishing.

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2024, 08:01 PM »
Shad darts are a huge trout producer for me in mass, and before they stopped stocking salmon down here was deadly on those too.  I preferred orange, my buddy used chartreuse and did just as well.  Something about seeing 7 and 8lb salmon crushing a 1/32oz shad dart, but the rainbows and browns love them too

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2024, 08:11 PM »
Shad darts are a huge trout producer for me in mass, and before they stopped stocking salmon down here was deadly on those too.  I preferred orange, my buddy used chartreuse and did just as well.  Something about seeing 7 and 8lb salmon crushing a 1/32oz shad dart, but the rainbows and browns love them too

What do you put on the hook cut bait or worm ?

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2024, 02:08 PM »
I don’t put anything on them

Offline stickbait

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 22, 2024, 08:29 AM »
White/red was hot this season.

Offline Fishin_Addiction

• Team IceShanty Regular