New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LED lights - thoughts?  (Read 3775 times)

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: LED lights - thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2023, 08:47 PM »
I gave the hydro glo another shot this afternoon  I turned it on about 2;00 pm  For the afternoon I could have drawn a circle  all around the light at least 30 ft away it was like a dead zone nothing  I got away from the light and caught some fish  I turned it off and after dark I caught a few more fish   I guess there really is a sucker born every day.  I'll use it for my Halloween decorations.  Right by Dracula

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 30, 2023, 06:12 PM »
Ouch That hurt   To the bone, that hurt        I knew somebody would get all twisted out of shape simply because I have an opinion that doesn't mirror their own.
  Here's the deal :
         I bought it, my money
         I used it , my time
         My opinion:  Does it work?  not for me
    Sorry I pooped in your oatmeal  I'm still gonna give it to Dracula

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 31, 2023, 09:44 AM »
Good luck Buckski   let us know

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #33 on: Jan 31, 2023, 10:21 AM »
Good luck Buckski   let us know
Always a believer of low light no light. So I’m with ya. I tried them years back had no luck ended up throwing out I think. Then again I could have been using them wrong. Not holding my left leg at the right angle when setting it down with tongue. You know those things I coulda been to blame for.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #34 on: Jan 31, 2023, 11:16 AM »
We do fish from a boat on Rushford and use reg. lanterns /lights no green. Cast to the edge of the light and the trout will readily bite. We also use lanterns on the ice and keep em outside the hut.
Will be trying the green this week.
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Jan 31, 2023, 11:17 AM »
Snitch   I assume this is a white light ?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Jan 31, 2023, 04:32 PM »
i have always had my coleman on a night bite  not sure if it helped or not but i could see, which helped me....never used a led  white or green light.....i do think they would help i know crappies loved  caty nitro jigs  i think the red was best followed by green ...... i don't know about the  rest, didn't see anyone  giving anyone grief ....but you can pick on me i don't care .....bye the way i don't care bout crappies  anyways not my favorite fish can't sell them and they fall apart cooking

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Jan 31, 2023, 05:00 PM »
i'm not a big walleye eater  either  i like  perch  and  blue gills  northerns    blue gills  being the  top  .......  i never used  led  lights  but if i was  fishing at night i would try them ,why wouldn't you .......i really can't have a  opinion   other then   on the  dock the lights  hit the water which attracta  bait  fish  and  soon   rock bass and  crappies are under them ...so they have to work  ,at least under those  conditions.....i ate pickled carp it was good 

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2023, 03:53 AM »
Back on topic.
Got a new hub and looking at running some strip lights.
What’s everyone from Ny ideas on power and if I’m better off payin a lil more and getting clam/otter ones or get some off Amazon and run my own wires and switches.

Thanks
Perchin
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #39 on: Feb 01, 2023, 04:16 AM »
Back on topic.
What’s everyone from Ny ideas on power and if I’m better off payin a lil more and getting clam/otter ones or get some off Amazon and run my own wires and switches.

Thanks
Perchin

What's wrong with some ideas from other states? It's not like were all still using and hanging Kerosene lanterns.  ;D
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Feb 01, 2023, 05:44 AM »
Back on topic.

Personally, I’d do your own. So many neat things you can do to customize the way that you like for your style of fishing. I added these for my 2 man clam. Has over head light bar as well. I installed strip lights to the over head bars of my Eskimo wide one. Front and back. Just love them.

Thanks
Perchin

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Feb 01, 2023, 06:35 AM »
i only listen to NY ideas

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Feb 01, 2023, 09:43 AM »
I've been using a cheap motorcycle battery from Walmart for several season to power up my LED lights _ works great.  I recently changed out the Bat in my fish finder for a new lithium Bat so  the old one is now being repurposed to be the LED power  Both options work great

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.