The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Favorite Place to Fish  (Read 4017 times)

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Favorite Place to Fish
« on: Feb 08, 2007, 02:45 PM »
Okay, we have the favorite trophy, gun and etc topics. Now it's time to tell where is your favorite lake, Stream or River to fish.  Pick one for Winter and Summer!

I would pick fishing for stealhead on Bear Creek, Michigan and a very close second would be any of the lakes around Smith Lake above Dickinson Park (above Fort Washakie).

Winter, would be Fort Peck, you just never know what you'll catch or how big!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Re: Favorite Place to Fish
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2007, 02:55 PM »
Oooooh...classified! Naaaah...Boulder Lake (Boulder WY) in the summer... monster macs, tasty rainbows...trolling. Winter; Ocean Lake, great wallys! Fat perch!  ;D  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Boulder Lake looking toward Pinedale from Blueberry Lake...and there are no fish in Blueberry Lake, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Bear Creek, near Onekama? My mother grew up there. My favorite lake got full of carps to tey drained it. They are puttingin structure before refilling it. Huge blugills, nice crappies, catfish bass walleyes, great lake winter and summer.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Icemanjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2007, 08:54 PM »
Hey Ex-Lt you forgot this view of Boulder

Here fishy fishy fishy, I don't want to hurt you, I just want to catch you!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2007, 09:02 PM »
I'm uncertain of the exact location of that big riock, but my guess would be somewhere pretty near the new boat launch?  ;D

Offline Icemanjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2007, 09:31 PM »
North side of the spillway, looks to be parts of the old spillway.
Here fishy fishy fishy, I don't want to hurt you, I just want to catch you!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2007, 09:33 PM »
...difficult to tell from the angle...yes, I know the spot well...thick willows about 8 ft tall behind your back...oh yeah, oughta be some big bo's hanging in there right now in the 4-6 ft depth. Hmmmmm?  ;D

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2007, 08:56 PM »
I guess winter would have to be Ft.Peck. The Summer would be just about any nice Trout stream, it seems like I always get caught up in the back drop of the great Wyoming landscape! 

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2007, 09:24 AM »
     You've heard you can "never go back," I'm sure. Some things are just in the past and cannot be retrieved. Several years ago, my wife and I owned a (snow-bird) waterfront property in Bay St. Louis Mississippi. If that rings a bell, it's because Bay St Louis and this spot in particular took the brunt of hurricane Katrina a few years ago...a 35 foot wall of water pushed for 2 hours at 135 mph... Because I and a group of retired cops went down there to help out by chain-sawing trees off people's houses, I was able to visit and photograph what was left of the place we owned. It was 50 yards off the bay and had a nice boat dock in back of the house where I kept a small motor-boat tied up...I was 2 minutes from the hot redfish/trout-fishing tidal cut...from pulling away from the dock to dropping anchor to fish. My wife called me to dinner on the hand-held Motorola.
    My boat dock survived, but...the home didn't. I'll never forget what it was to me and I miss it a lot.

My boat-dock at 433 Skyline Drive...rest in pieces, LT

Offline dragonmaster0349

« Reply #9 on: Feb 11, 2007, 09:54 AM »
Oooooh...classified! Naaaah...Boulder Lake (Boulder WY) in the summer... monster macs, tasty rainbows...trolling. Winter; Ocean Lake, great wallys! Fat perch!  ;D  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
(Image removed from quote.)
     Boulder Lake looking toward Pinedale from Blueberry Lake...and there are no fish in Blueberry Lake, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
I never have ice fished but I can remember fishing with ex-lt on Burnt Lake and several other lakes in wyoming and just jerking the jaws on Macs and rainbows but I can remember on time fishing a small stream and catching a huge german brown and I looked at him and just put him back in the stream great feeling you see I am ex-lt s brother and that is some of the best fishing ever unles you are in Oklahoma catching huge sandies that rod bending knee buckling fun line snappin jig loosing and just being there with someone to share it with
The best days on the water are even better when you share them with your brother

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 11, 2007, 10:35 AM »
Look like it was a very special place Don, I'm sure it will be missed.  I see you're bro has the same writing magic as you do (creative). Some day I would like to catch some Reds and Sea trout. Later KR

Dragonmaster welcome aboard!

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #11 on: Feb 11, 2007, 10:43 AM »
man thats a shame.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 11, 2007, 12:19 PM »
Look like it was a very special place Don, I'm sure it will be missed.  I see you're bro has the same writing magic as you do (creative). Some day I would like to catch some Reds and Sea trout. Later KR

Dragonmaster welcome aboard!
     Well, lookee here who finally surfaced! Welcome aboard the WY IS lil brudder, yeppers, we definitely jerked the jaws outta some macs that year and anytime you take a notion to crawl outta that Louisiana primordial ooze and do 'er agin, well....
     KR, we could stand on the front porch, which was 13 feet up and look out across the bay at the sunset or watch guys catchin reds and specks...tears me up. It was a dump when Laura and I bought it, but we completelyu re-furbished it. DRAGONMASTER's been there, he could verify...just beautiful...got a pic of it somewhere. BTW, I'd have to search fer the trees at Boysen, I'm not sure where they are...I mean how far off the Sisters. laters Bro, Don  ;D

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 11, 2007, 12:22 PM »
man thats a shame.
     Yeah it really is...lots of great memories there, including some trips with the Dragonmaster  :roflmao: new owners probably own the concrete slab,pilings and boat dock free and clear.  >:( insurance companies, bah!  ;D

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 11, 2007, 01:08 PM »
If you went off the last island and made a beline for tough creek, the trees would be about halfway.  It's the old cottonwoods on the river channel.  Or head straight out from north muddy to the middle of the lake.  Later KR

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 11, 2007, 01:09 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
    I'm waiting fer somebody to post a "You're lying' about Blueberry Lake." note. There really are fish there...if you wanna make the 1000 ft vertical climb to it...worth it? oh yeah! Well, I'm outta here...goin' to meet the Dogg and stretch lips and tell lies. Dragonmaster's right...it's about sharing it...whether with your brudders or your IS brudders  :clap: :thumbsup: :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao:
                                                  Theeeee ex-Lteeeee-haw!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 11, 2007, 01:11 PM »
If you went off the last island and made a beline for tough creek, the trees would be about halfway.  It's the old cottonwoods on the river channel.  Or head straight out from north muddy to the middle of the lake.  Later KR
     Okay, I can get close then find it with the flasher, thanks KR, laters bro,
                                                              Don

Offline 4x4elk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 16, 2007, 12:48 AM »
My favorite fishing spot is in Utah it's called cedar view reservoir big browns and rainbows thats my once a summer trip back home!
FIND'EM, CATCH'EM, FILLET'EM, GRILL'EM & EAT'EM

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 16, 2007, 01:53 PM »
Any mountain streems are nice in the summer... Winter, (well I've only fished one place in the winter) and that's the Gorge.

Don that destruction looks horrible. I'm sorry to see you lost your house and many fine memories to go along with it.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 16, 2007, 02:08 PM »
We had already sold it, it's just that it was an emotional loss 'cause it still had our fingerprints all over it...I mean..we built it. Hey, thanks, preciate!
                                                    Don  ;D

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #20 on: Feb 16, 2007, 04:50 PM »
ex,
    Katrina changed allot of people lives and great places down there! I don't know if it will ever be the same. Sounds like you have some great memories to hang on to though. What a great place you had there. dragonmaster great bro you have there! You know we on this site have made him the Godfather of the Wyoming Brothers! :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :thumbsup:

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 16, 2007, 07:06 PM »
Yep, tell ya Big Ice-man, there's hardly a day goes by I don't think about that lil waterfront house. Sheesh! 2 minutes from the best saltwater fishing around.  ;D

This picture is proof of the destructive power of a cat 4 hurricane...that little square box over on the left with the grate-door...is a bank-vault. That's all that's left of Hancock County Bank.  :woot:

Offline WyoZac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 16, 2007, 10:28 PM »
Boysen would be first choice. Only make it up there about once a year though >:(
Zac

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.