The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: meadowlark lake  (Read 5677 times)

Offline jakediesel1

• Team IceShanty Regular
meadowlark lake
« on: Apr 13, 2020, 08:30 AM »
Went to meadowlark lake saturday before the snow came after talking with another fellow angler about it. Very nice rainbows up there for sure for a mountain lake. caught 8 in an hour and all were 14 inchers. Caught them in 7 feet of water. Ice was still 3 FT thick and almost to thick for the auger. Deffinitely going again this weekend

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: meadowlark lake
« Reply #1 on: Apr 13, 2020, 06:52 PM »
How were the conditions for pulling a sled on the lake? Slush or deep snow to plow through? I have a smitty sled so that will help. A friend was out on the lake skiing last Thursday and he said the surface was firm, though I know they've had some snow up there since then. I'm going to try and go once or twice this week.

Offline jakediesel1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2020, 09:02 AM »
How were the conditions for pulling a sled on the lake? Slush or deep snow to plow through? I have a smitty sled so that will help. A friend was out on the lake skiing last Thursday and he said the surface was firm, though I know they've had some snow up there since then. I'm going to try and go once or twice this week.
I accessed it at the boat launch and it was a little slushy for a few feet at the edge and then just a few inches of snow on top. although it was snowing when i left. I dont use an actual sled, i just have a rubbermaid tote with a rope.(being a cheapskate). so i bet you wont have any trouble. maybe ill se ya up there. i was having luck with a small swedish pimple tipped with worm again with constant jigging and falling. they werent taking deadstick.

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Apr 25, 2020, 10:56 PM »
I was fishing on Meadowlark Lake yesterday and there was still 3 feet of ice. Getting soft, though, with lots of water filling up about half way down when I was drilling. Very hard to get through the last 10 inches or so with so much water in the hole. Fishing was pretty good for rainbow and brook trout. May fish there one more time and then call it quits for the season.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #4 on: Apr 27, 2020, 10:42 PM »
Wow still on the hard deck  :o  you've really put in the time this year Glen. Im riding the sxs in the high country and getting muddy in the valleys now. But you could say I'm still getting on the snow. Made it up to the 1st cut over Monte Cristo this weekend to take the daughter to sled. Still plenty of snow in the high country for sure

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2020, 06:20 PM »
Thats some crazy snow but sure looks like fun...    :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline jakediesel1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2020, 09:53 AM »
anyone been up by meadowlark lake? was wondering if we had any safe ice in the johnson/sheridan county area yet.
Thanks

Offline ClearCreek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2020, 10:04 AM »
Jake:

Somewhere I read there is 5 inches of ice on Meadowlark, another person indicated they saw a person 50 yards out from the boat ramp.

I also heard Sibley has enough ice to fish.

ClearCreek

Offline jakediesel1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2020, 10:33 AM »
Great to hear!! thanks clearcreek, I know where im headed this weekend!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25, 2020, 10:56 AM »
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=292685.0

might want to ask where this report was for on the R&C board could have been either lake
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2020, 11:47 AM »
anyone been up by meadowlark lake? was wondering if we had any safe ice in the johnson/sheridan county area yet.
Thanks
I put a report last night on the reports and conditions page.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.