Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607595 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #27750 on: May 18, 2022, 07:57 AM »
Frost to the north this morning. The guess for today is to not get out of the 50s. The furnace ran again last night.

Modify as a screwed-up yesterday and lost a post.

Marv As much as I have worked around poison ivy I have never gotten it. The noise you hear is me knocking on my hollow wooden head. Hopefully, you can drop that last tree in one piece. Climbing it with the loose bark would be too dangerous.

Eddie  I am sorry to hear you lost your mother. It is good that you could spend some time with her before she passed.
It is good that your old crew can get together to do some work and reminisce.

ww I was glad to hear you two were riding a trike and not motorcycles. We had a very obese mortician here one time that thought he needed a motorcycle. He ended up crashing and lost a leg. He ended up in a wheelchair.
As I came up to a 4way stop the other day 6 motorcycles were wanting to turn right in front of me. I blew the horn and motioned them to turn. Everyone let them through so they could stay in their group.

I am planing on going over to the shack to turkey hunt with my son. When I talked with my grandson up north last night he said he wanted to come down and hunt with us. It has been years since we hunted together

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27751 on: May 18, 2022, 08:41 AM »
Well the wife is getting better and not in as much pain anymore. She was out moving plants around and over did it a bit but still going good. Nice weather has moved in and had been from 50 to 70. Supposed to be close to 50 for a high on Friday with some rain then the weekend looks good so we will see how it goes if I can get out and do some fishing.  Have a great hump day everyone farmers market tonight.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27752 on: May 18, 2022, 06:35 PM »
Must be all my fault, with the itching. Even wearing long sleeve’s this morning, lying down on the ground to reinstall the mower deck to the mower could be why I have several welts about a quarter inch apart  :nono: :nono:  :sick: :sick:

Have taken some Benadryl but seaming to not slow down the itching

Talk about roller coaster weather, Denver has winter storm heading their way Friday   Possible to get a foot and half of snow out of it
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #27753 on: May 19, 2022, 03:57 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Raining and 46* on the Hill this am, high of 62 today.

Bud…sorry to read about the ongoing irritation/itching problem that has developed. Would suggest maybe trying calamine lotion, but might be best to give your Dr. a call and get it checked out?  :thumbsup:  That Mile High weather never ceases to amaze me!   :woot:
  FH4…good news on your wife’s recovery, best wishes continued for her. How did the Farmers Market go?   :thumbsup:
  Tom…Thank You!  Wishing the best of luck to all of you getting a bird on your 3 Generations  strong hunting trip, that’s something special right there!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Wally…the weather was beautiful for all the outdoor activities on your agenda yesterday, hope everything went well for you!   :thumbsup: 
  Marv…glad you were able to get those 2 trees down without a problem, very smart play on waiting for some assistance on that last one!  :clap:  I’ll keep the fingers crossed none of that poison ivy comes home with you Sir…terrible stuff!
  H2…hope all went well for your wife yesterday, safe travels to her today!   :thumbsup: 
  Z…Thank You!  Believe you’re doing it right with your son on the fishing and boating trips, I followed basically the same plan myself and it worked out well…good job Dad!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…I looked at my rain gauge yesterday afternoon and had just over an inch here also. Seeing hummingbird’s visiting every day now, nice to see them back! Hope the wood pile got finished off yesterday, beautiful weather for it yesterday.  :thumbsup:

Had another good day with the fellas yesterday. We got all the elevations established and finished all the form work for that tennis court job. It just needs some final grade work and will be ready for concrete on Monday.
  Family members living out of town all arrived yesterday and I will see them all this afternoon at my Moms wake.
  Restless night…Cawfee’s on and strong this morning!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27754 on: May 19, 2022, 04:31 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 47* and light rain is falling. ::)
                         Eddie..........Good job on the tennis court, you should have good weather tomorrow for grading. :flex: I'm glad the you out of town family
              made it in for your mother's wake. :thumbsup:
                         Tom............Good luck with the 3 generations hunting spring turkey. :flex:
                         Marv...........Good idea to hold off on that last Oak when you have someone there spotting for you. :clap:
                        Wally...........Maybe you and Mr. WW got a ride in yesterday and ice cream. :unsure: Look out Saturday, the temperature is suppose to be
              in the 90*s. :o
                        H2l.............Safe travels for your wife today to western NY. :thumbsup:
                        Fish............I'm glad to read that your wife is feeling a little better.  :thumbsup:
                        I got the wood finished up in the morning and in the afternoon I gave my lawn it's first clipping.
                        I was suppose to go to the weekend job today and do some staining but the weather has put a hold on that till tomorrow.
                        I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27755 on: May 19, 2022, 05:41 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

Eddie...Best wishes and continued prayers for you and your family, a tough couple of days coming up.

IW...Good job on the firewood :thumbsup: Hope the weather straightens out for you :thumbsup:

WW...How are you feeling this morning or are you already back at the splitting and stacking :flex: :flex:......  ;D

TT....I never used to be bothered by poison ivy but that all came to a stop about 10 years ago. About the only thing that gives me relief now is a 5 day super load of prednisone. The problem is getting anyone to give it to me. Everyone wants you to try all the over the counter creams and such first. Unfortunately the oak is too big to drop. The 1 time I almost took a fall was when a 12 foot sheet of bark let loose on a big oak and I just happened to land in a crotch. That was back when we all free climbed, now there are other techniques that make it a little better.

FH4…good news on your wife’s recovery :thumbsup:

Bud... Hope the Benadryl does the trick :thumbsup:

I am off for a walk in a few. I have a bunch of red cedar mulch to spread in my ditch today. I may make a quick stop at the range for a few rounds first.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27756 on: May 19, 2022, 06:31 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....keeping you and the family in my prayers as you say your final good byes  :'( :'( :'(

TT.....good luck with the birds  :flex:

WS....a little slow starting up this morning  :blink:  unless the weather clears there will be no wood work today  :clap:   ;D

IFF....that itching will drive a person crazy  :pinch: 

IW....no rides/ice cream yesterday, it was a day of one project after another  ::)

Looks like a quiet day, cloudy with showers, good for the garden  :thumbsup:  grass is growing like crazy, 5 days between mowings is a day or 2 too long, but with the price of gas trying to stretch it out as long as possible    :wacko:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27757 on: May 19, 2022, 06:35 AM »
Well now there’s no doubt, poison ivy. Have used almost a spray can of calamine. Got up to having blisters up to almost dime sizes. Advised not to drain them with out covering with sterile patches.  Now the war will begins with their removal. In all my years have never had such a reaction. Think if working outside it’s going to be showers immediately after coming in to get rid of any of the oils from plants I may come in contact with.

Marv have you got past your field of poison ivy yet or is that Friday’s plan  ???

Jake just spotted a chipmunk in the front yard and the race is on  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Pat everyone already knows I’m crazy, don’t have to have an itch to prove that
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27758 on: May 19, 2022, 06:45 AM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27759 on: May 19, 2022, 08:21 AM »
48* and some light rain. The grass is growing!!!
Got the wife off this morning. She will be home on Sat.
Not much planned, going to get hot for a couple days.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27760 on: May 19, 2022, 08:58 AM »
Good morning, 55 with a cloudy sky some rain falling earlier weather guessers are calling for periods of rain through out the day. Forecast high temperature for today is 69. While on Weather Underground checking forecast for my town saw an article about Japan's Nuclear Commission approving the release of treated and diluted waste water from the damaged Fukushima plant into the Paciffic ocean starting in 2023. the plan is to release the waste water on half mile off shore. Three reactors at the Fukushima plant were damaged by an earthquake back in 2011. Like we don't have enough to worry about in this world already. I traveled to Goshen,NY yesterday to watch the lacrosse game between Goshen and Newburgh good back and forth game tied with under five minutes of regulation time left in the game. Then two Newburgh players were given penalties with around 2 minutes-30 seconds of game time left Goshen scored what would be the game winning goal while Newburgh was down these two players on the field. Winning the game by a score of 10 goals to 9 .
Eddie think of and praying for you and your family . Good to read things are going well with the tennis court project.
Ice Wanderer good to hear you got the firewood split and stacked so now ready for next delivery of wood. May the weather allow you to stain the deck tomorrow.
Hunts2long may your wife have safe and problem free trip to her sister's today. May the insecticide work on the ants.
IFF sorry to hear your itch is from poison ivy may it respond to treatment.
Zcm-82 you can only try to spark an interest for fishing in your son,I took my Nephew on a couple trips when he was around your son's age he never developed an interest in fishing.
Tomturkey best to the three of you on the turkey hunt. Enjoy the time spent with your son and grandson.
Whopper Stopper may all go well when you work on the remaining oak tree.
Wallyworld congrats on getting the firewood split and stacked. If price of gasoline keeps going up think we will see a lot of tall grass or people hiring goats or other animals to graze their yards.
Fish/hunt4ever nice to hear you wife is healing well from the carpal tunnel surgery. I hope it was a good sales night at the farmer's market.

May everyone have a safe and good Thursday. Best to those fishing.
 Steve

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27761 on: May 19, 2022, 11:39 AM »
Well they are calling for rain/snow tonight so we will see how it all plays out, nice to have the moisture just hope it holds off until I can get the Manure loaded and maybe on the garden tonight.  Well better get back to the last day of training, have a great Thursday everyone.

Eddie: Have a nice visit with the family at the wake and hope you all get a little comfort from it all.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27762 on: May 19, 2022, 12:09 PM »
Forgot to add the market went well, they just go backwards every week at 36 to 33 to 31 dollars made but it should get better as time goes on as people get to know the product. Thanks and the healing is going good on the arm just still needs time.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27763 on: May 19, 2022, 01:17 PM »
Marv have you got past your field of poison ivy yet or is that Friday’s plan  ???

Not past it yet.

I'm not sure if I will be able to get after it tomorrow or not, depends on the weather and if the s-i-l goes fishing or not.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #27764 on: May 20, 2022, 05:31 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 47* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           Bud..........When I was a kid, my mother put bleach on my poison ivy, but I never had blisters like you have. I have never had it again, and
               I know I've been around it many times. :o
                           Wally.........It's good to get the chores out of the way so you can enjoy the rest of the summer. :thumbsup:
                           Marv.........Hopefully you can get the big Oak down soon. :unsure:
                           Eddie........Is today for the final grading of the tennis court? ???
                           H2l...........Yesterda ys rain helped your new grass, there is nothing better for new lawns than natural watering. :flex:
                           Fish..........I'm glad your wife is healing well from the carpel tunnel surgery. :thumbsup:
                           Steve........That's too bad about Newburgh's loss, they were so close. :(
                           Yesterday my fishing buddy Jon messaged me and told me our pepper plants were ready for pick up. So I went and got them and had a nice visit
                with him and his wife. When I got home my wife and I planted her tomato plants, I hope it's not too soon.
                           Today I'm going over to the weekend job and do some staining. My wife's mother is coming today with my wife's sister in law for the wekend.
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27765 on: May 20, 2022, 05:52 AM »
Good morning IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

55 with scattered showers throughout the morning.

Eddie...I think it's safe to say the 9:45 will have you in it's thoughts today as you lay your Mother to rest :bow:

IW....Good luck with the staining. The green houses are absolutely nuts around here, lots of planting this weekend :whistle:

WW...I hear you on stretching the mowing out.

Not much on the planner today. I had a big day yesterday spreading mulch and trimming some pines. With the rain and showers today, I won't be doing any trees.

Hope you all have as good of day as possible :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27766 on: May 20, 2022, 06:07 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....hope all the family are holding up ok  :(

IFF.....fingers crossed the itch/blisters are starting to get better  :pinch:

WS.....hope those 18 yo muscles aren't feeling the effects of all the yard work   ;D  :whistle: :roflmao:

IW....have a good day staining  :flex:

H2L....any plans on hitting the water soon  ???

MrC.....the splitting/stacking project is far from over  :-\  just worked at it for a few hours while the grass was drying to mow  ;)

FH4.....the market sales should pick up as warmer weather arrives  @)

Looks like we'll be visiting the wood pile again today, too windy to fish possible rain later so no bike ride  ::)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27767 on: May 20, 2022, 06:34 AM »
47* and some fog, which should burn off pretty quick.

The wife made it to Rochester, she said it rained most of the way but the weather looks good for the next day or so. It's going to be warm.

IW, starting to see a lot of green coming up in the yard. These next warm days will really help, plus we got a good all day rain yesterday.

Mr. C, will have to wait until it dries out to see if the ants are gone. Pretty sure most will be as we got a good rain on Thursday.

WW, that is my job for the day, getting the boat out of the garage. Should be out on the water next week.

Went up to my brothers yesterday, he said the black flies are as bad as he has ever seen them.

About a week ago the wife showed me a FB video of a bunch of trout swimming under a dock. I could tell that it was taken under the dock at the launch. I figured the stocking truck had just left. Well the past 2 or 3 days there have been people fishing the launch area, now I know for sure why not a lot of trout are caught in the lake. One guy said he caught over 30 one afternoon but isn't keeping "many". Last night there were 6 people fishing.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27768 on: May 20, 2022, 06:45 AM »
Quick post before I head off for the shack to hunt with my son and grandson on Saturday. MY son has already filled his tag so he is the designated caller. Sounds like it may be a wet hunt.

I forgot to repost a sad happening after I lost a post the other day. A 5-year-old boy was attacked by two pit bulls a block away from us. it is a wonder he is still alive. They got him by the head, front, and back. Broken jaw, a broken eye socket, and a lot of damage all over his head. It is a wonder he survived the attack. The neighbor across the street also got bit when he went to help. It took three calls to animal control before they finally showed up. The boy has gone thru 5 surgeries so far with many more to come. He may come home today or tomorrow. Yes, the dogs have gone to Dog Hell.

Dom How did you get that old shirt off you posted in the band thread? A come-along!!!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27769 on: May 21, 2022, 05:42 AM »
61* and foggy.
I got a call from my cousin yesterday afternoon, he had just caught and released a 28lb pike. Casting for bass with a CP Sling, 8lb test line and no leader. He didn't say if he took a picture but the boat had a lot of blood, the guy with him cut his hand while landing it. The pike was OK and took right off.
The boat is out of the garage and ready to go.
The wife is heading home this morning, she had a good time.
Lot of boats going into the water yesterday.
Have a good day and stay cool...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27770 on: May 21, 2022, 06:17 AM »
Morning all,

6 hours of splitting/stacking yesterday  :flex:  still another couple hours to go  ::)  But it won't be today, hitting the road on the bike for a goof off day  :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27771 on: May 21, 2022, 07:07 AM »
Good morning h2l, WW! Good morning everyone :bow:

44 with a high today expected to reach 53. Frost warnings out for tonight and especially north.

TT... Best wishes for a fun and safe hunt :thumbsup: What a tragic story. The only place pit bulls belong are in the ground. I hope the little boy can recover physically and emotionally from the attack.

h2l.. That's a hog, congratulations to your cousin :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WW...Enjoy your goof off day and safe travels :thumbsup:

Not a lot on the planner today. I need to get my chipper out and greased up, oil changer etc. for next Sunday. My Niece has a decent sized Linden tree that I will be taking down and a good sized white ash to trim. I told them I would do it for them when they are around to help and they picked the 29th.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27772 on: May 21, 2022, 11:03 AM »
 Good day, blue sky with a few wispy clouds. Weather guessers forecast new record hoig temperatures for today and tomorrow. 96 for today's high -92 tomorrow.
Tomturkey may the turkey hunt be going well today. I see northern area of your state had some severe weather with a tornado reported in Gaylord,MI. . Sad story about the young boy ditto Whopper Stopper's comment on his recovery .
Ice Wanderer best to you with your garden this year. May your MIL and sister-in-law arrive safely.
whopper Stopper may you not find any problems while preparing the wood chipper for job at niece's property.
wallyworld may the two of you have a safe and good ride today. If your weather forecast is like mine temperature wise not a weekend to be working on fire wood supply.
Hunts2long congratulations to your cousin  :clap: :thumbsup: on catching the northern pike. Good to read your wife had a nice visit with her sister may she have a problem free trip home. Similar happens here when the state stocks a lake with trout the fish stay near the spot they wre placed into the lake for a few days and once word gets out people flock to those locations.
Fish/hunt4ever hopefully once more people start attending the farmer's market your wife will see higher sales.
Eddie may you and your family be doing well after the viewing and funeral for your mother. May those who traveld some distance to attend have safe trips back to their respective homes.
IFF hope you have found something the helps with the itch and is curing the poison ivy infection.

May everyone have a good Saturday. best to all fishing this weekend.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27773 on: May 21, 2022, 05:46 PM »
Well it’s good evening from itchville TN.  I about wiped out the smoked beef brisket, got a rave review, and once I started in it was like Lay’s potato chips… cannot eat just one. I ordered a new power cord as one of the contact pins broke off on the element on my electric smoker, and one day from ordering a new one, it arrived with today’s mail  :thumbsup: :clap:

Pretty warm by my standards 89* and the next 5 days if guessers are spot on will have some rain drops.

Hard to believe Denver 34* below normal, but then what’s normal these days.

Tom hope the hunting goes well.

Think WW was kicking back and a bike ride. ???

Thing’s not going as planned on Linda’s trip one household see spent an evening In tested positive, now she has to isolate 10 days so won’t be able to spend time with her Granddaughter before she moves to Alaska

Dave how far above, or below has your temperatures been in last year or two ???
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27774 on: May 21, 2022, 08:58 PM »
Well I think it made it to 55 today and the lake was 52 to 55 degrees. Caught a few fish and was able to off load the boat but seen a hazard in the water with a Boulder close to the edge of the boat ramp. Hope everyone has had a great Saturday and looking forward to a great Sunday. Be safe in the heat if you are having that not looking forward to those Temps later in the summer.

Also seen this rooster as pheasant on the way home.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27775 on: May 22, 2022, 05:30 AM »
Morning all,

IFF....fingers crossed Linda doesn't get sick, hope the itching has eased  :unsure:

WS....we saw 96* for a high yesterday in our travels, average was mid 80s  @)

Eddie....hope you're having a peaceful weekend  :)

FH4....thanks for sharing the pics  :thumbsup:

MrC.....temps here are about the same, humidity is also HIGH  >:(

TT.....horrific story about the little boy, praying all turns out ok for him  :'( :'(

IW.....passed thru your neck of the woods yesterday, had to try Martha's  :thumbsup:  :clap:

301 miles yesterday, most of it in the adirondacks where it was a bit cooler  ;)2  found some hungry black flies on one rest stop, didn't linger long there  ::)  weatherman says the end of the world coming this afternoon AGAIN, we'll see  :wacko:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27776 on: May 22, 2022, 05:58 AM »
Good Morning! 64* and sunny.
WW, glad you enjoyed the ride. Saw a lot of bikes yesterday.
The wife got home about 1:30 yesterday afternoon. She was tired out.
Not as many boats on the lake as I thought there would be. I think most people were getting their camps opened up.
Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27777 on: May 22, 2022, 06:13 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

36 to start the day, we may squeak out a 60 by the afternoon.

WW...That's a good ride :thumbsup: Hope your weather warning flops, odds are it will  :cookoo:

h2l...Glad your wife made it back safe and sound :thumbsup:

FH4...Nice pictures :thumbsup:

Not sure what if anything is on the agenda for the day, so far just coffee.

Hope you all have a nice Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27778 on: May 22, 2022, 11:22 AM »
I finally got around to editing a bunch of Hummingbird videos.

I had a bunch that didn't make it but sorted out enough for a video.

WS

&t=14s

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27779 on: May 22, 2022, 09:20 PM »
Marv looks like everyone has been visiting the bird feeders.  :o

Had a nice Neighbor bring his farm tractor with his tiller and tilled an area I had mowed to establish more garden area.  Will have plenty of room to seed what I want.  Also was able to point out where the septic tanks and leach lines are as he was the one that installed one. He had family that at one time owned a lot of bordering land/fields. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Started to shower at 8PM went out on the front porch, and couldn't hardly believe all the "firefly's, lighting bugs, quite a light show, thousands of them.  I know I had never seen that many all at the same time. Must be the year for them.

Finally getting the itch calmed down.  Will be picking up some 2-4-D to do battle with the ivy.

Will be putting some pork ribs in the Smoker tomorrow, and see what I can get done outside..that is between the  rain drops.

Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.