Author Topic: Strikemaster lite flite Lazer drill 8”  (Read 7398 times)

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
Strikemaster lite flite Lazer drill 8”
« on: Nov 16, 2019, 07:26 PM »
Wondering if anyone can give me the pros and cons of this auger. How does it perform compared to others.
“Some of us are wise, and some of us are otherwise” M.R. Levin...

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Strikemaster lite flite Lazer drill 8”
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2019, 07:31 PM »
Its new this year so i doubt anyone has really put one thru its paces yet.

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2019, 09:23 PM »
This has been posted in other discussions but check it out. I ordered one and received it last week. I can’t wait to try it out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dnNUjlFjAp8

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2019, 09:51 PM »
This has been posted in other discussions but check it out. I ordered one and received it last week. I can’t wait to try it out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dnNUjlFjAp8

WOW! it’s not even close. Especially to the k-drill. Hope it does as good as it performed in that video, or I’ll be kicking myself for wasting 200 bucks.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 16, 2019, 09:58 PM »
Lazer dtolls have always been fastet ..Mora has been a close sevond with chipoer style ir K drill in third place..regardless of auger composition material . What this video really does is a true side by side by side comparison with similar power sources.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2019, 11:06 AM »
My brother in law used one last winter with some guys that were doing advance testing of the units. He said it is really good.  Very light, very fast.  I bought one based on his recommendation.  Haven't used it yet but can vouch for the fact that it is light.  I also like the fact that you can use it either with a drill or with a Strikemaster powerhead.

I think the K-drill is a better option if you re-open holes a lot but just to go out and drill, I think the Strikemaster is going to be hard to beat. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2019, 11:19 AM »
I read the strike master is able to re-open holes just like the k drill. And you’re right it is very light. Picked one up today,  I shall give my review at the end of this season.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2019, 02:28 PM »
It is a bit heavier than the Eskimo pistol....I'm just waiting for the right sale price on these

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2019, 03:57 PM »
Are the lazer blades exactly the same as the serrated lazer blades on Strikemaster power augers? I guess one advantage to using flat blades is that there are so many places to find auger blades as many of the companies use the same blades. As far as I know, Strikemaster is the only company that makes this style of serrated lazer blades and I don't know of any other brands that would work.

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2019, 05:47 PM »
Can’t say for sure about the blades but they look identical and are even named the same on rapalas website as the other power auger blades. So if I were a betting man, I’d bet the farm they’re the same.

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2019, 07:40 PM »
It is a bit heavier than the Eskimo pistol....I'm just waiting for the right sale price on these

Not sure where you are but Joe's has them for $159 (8 inch).  I asked how long they would be on sale and the guy I talked to said they will be that price until they are gone. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
« Reply #11 on: Nov 17, 2019, 08:02 PM »
That’s an OUTSTANDING (in the field ;D ) price. I paid 199.99 no shipping for mine. Picked up at local Blains F&F

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Nov 17, 2019, 09:05 PM »
Not sure where you are but Joe's has them for $159 (8 inch).  I asked how long they would be on sale and the guy I talked to said they will be that price until they are gone.

Ideally if I can price match to Cabela's as I have their discounted gift cards

Offline shiveringjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Nov 18, 2019, 03:52 PM »
Do the little notches on the new lazer blades keep it from biting at the bottom of the hole? I love my 8" regular lazer (with ridgid octane) but I would rip my arms off if I wasn't using a clam plate.

Offline Dan J

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 18, 2019, 06:56 PM »
I got the 6 inch at Joes for $149.. Hooks right up to the Clam Plate with the K-Drill adapter. Also picked up a Helix 7 ice for $599.00 at Joes. The next day Joes had them listed at $699.00 my good luck. Hope I’m that lucky fishing this winter.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #15 on: Nov 18, 2019, 07:50 PM »
I got the 6 inch at Joes for $149.. Hooks right up to the Clam Plate with the K-Drill adapter. Also picked up a Helix 7 ice for $599.00 at Joes. The next day Joes had them listed at $699.00 my good luck. Hope I’m that lucky fishing this winter.

It's the weekend sales$%! Joe's has these events that almost like weekend flash sales.  Although sometimes have to get it before it's out of stock.  It was the Hardwater Expo weekend in Blaine.

I keep wondering if I should pick up the 6" bit too.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
« Reply #16 on: Nov 18, 2019, 08:10 PM »
It's the weekend sales$%! Joe's has these events that almost like weekend flash sales.  Although sometimes have to get it before it's out of stock.  It was the Hardwater Expo weekend in Blaine.

I keep wondering if I should pick up the 6" bit too.

Get the 8” go big!!!! How you gonna pull that MONSTER up through a little 6” hole? ;D

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #17 on: Nov 18, 2019, 08:18 PM »
Get the 8” go big!!!! How you gonna pull that MONSTER up through a little 6” hole? ;D

It won't come up the 8" hole either.  I already learned that the hard way with that sturgeon.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline JohnJ1981

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DEUS VULT
« Reply #18 on: Nov 18, 2019, 08:33 PM »
Fishing where there are sturgeon, I’d opt for the Milwaukee M18 chainsaw to make the hole the size of Texas!!!!

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 19, 2019, 10:28 PM »

So the k-drill adapter fits pretty good?

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 20, 2019, 02:28 PM »
I have never truly cares for vendor videos show casing thier products against others.   Not saying the Lazer isn't the best but I always wonder if the vendor does something to maker thiers look superior to others.   This goes for every thing out there that we as customers purchase. 
Don

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Nov 20, 2019, 04:22 PM »
I have never truly cares for vendor videos show casing thier products against others.   Not saying the Lazer isn't the best but I always wonder if the vendor does something to maker thiers look superior to others.   This goes for every thing out there that we as customers purchase.

I was thinking the same, we need some reviews from shanty guys.

Offline winterbuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 20, 2019, 04:33 PM »
I was thinking the same, we need some reviews from shanty guys.

My buddy I'm fishing with this weekend will have an 8" with.  I plan to order an 8" myself if rapala.com shows them as in stock.       

Offline Dan J

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Nov 21, 2019, 10:01 AM »
So the k-drill adapter fits pretty good?
fits like it was made for it. I shimmed it with tape to get a snug fit. No wobble.

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Nov 21, 2019, 11:03 PM »
I drilled around 40 holes through 6 inches of ice with my 6 inch Flite light I like it already. I tried it with just the drill works good but just slightly grabby at the bottom this can also be because of the thinner ice nothing to make me shy away from it. I would not put much thought into this statement yet. I then put it on my Clam Plate with the K-drill adaptor works awesome. My only concern is with the laser blades in an open winter so I have a 6 inch Mora as back up but for speed and versatility I love it. Being it is almost the same as the metal version I wish they would have a handle for it I would assume it would work. All in all for my review I love it and it's not the no point pistol bit :whistle:

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Nov 22, 2019, 12:53 PM »
I drilled around 40 holes through 6 inches of ice with my 6 inch Flite light I like it already. I tried it with just the drill works good but just slightly grabby at the bottom this can also be because of the thinner ice nothing to make me shy away from it. I would not put much thought into this statement yet. I then put it on my Clam Plate with the K-drill adaptor works awesome. My only concern is with the laser blades in an open winter so I have a 6 inch Mora as back up but for speed and versatility I love it. Being it is almost the same as the metal version I wish they would have a handle for it I would assume it would work. All in all for my review I love it and it's not the no point pistol bit :whistle:

I read somewhere someone took a hand auger handle and threw it on the flite light and worked

Offline PikePetersen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Nov 22, 2019, 01:11 PM »
Just ordered one yesterday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing how it performs coming from an older Mag chipper

Offline sleddog1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Nov 23, 2019, 08:14 AM »
I’ve been making adapters to use the Clam Plate with the Lite Flite augers. Snug fit & no wobble.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28 on: Nov 23, 2019, 08:23 AM »
I read somewhere someone took a hand auger handle and threw it on the flite light and worked

I believe its made to fit a SM gas/electric power head ..so not a plug n play with a hand auger handle.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #29 on: Nov 23, 2019, 05:41 PM »
I just got my 8" Lite Flite, plan on pairing it with my Ridgid Octane. I have a YouTube channel and plan on doing a few videos with it. I may be able to find some ice here in Maine tomorrow. So far it feels amazing, mega light, the blades look MEAN!!! I have no doubt it will be one of the  best on the market!! May put my Nils out of use!
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.