Author Topic: Aqua-Vu DVR Recorder  (Read 3240 times)

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
Aqua-Vu DVR Recorder
« on: Nov 21, 2008, 05:53 PM »
I was just looking at getting one of these DVR thingies for my underwater camera and was wondering what you guys think of them..........if you have one how long does it record video, can a memory card be used in it like a digital camera

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Aqua-Vu DVR Recorder
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2008, 07:16 PM »
Yes, you can expand the memory by adding an SD card. I think up to 2 GB.
Ken                                          

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2008, 09:32 PM »
how long can you record video on a 1 gb sd card ??? ??? how is the unit wired into the battery for power or is the connection between the cables all the power that it needs

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2008, 11:10 PM »
There are lots of topics on this subject.

Check out this link:

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=64462.0

"1GB SD card = 16.3 hrs of record time"

shawno  8)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2008, 08:00 AM »
I love my DVR, it is the reason I still use an Aqua-vu....once Marcum comes out with one for there cameras I may jump ship, as they look like quality camera....but that DVR feature is nice, easy to use and allows you to record a ton if you add a card

Offline rabidsponge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2008, 08:10 AM »
just seeing some of the footage you're able to capture is worth the investment alone IMO

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2008, 08:23 AM »
I love my DVR, it is the reason I still use an Aqua-vu....once Marcum comes out with one for there cameras I may jump ship, as they look like quality camera....but that DVR feature is nice, easy to use and allows you to record a ton if you add a card
Hey icejunky - I don't see the DVR listed or specified on the Aqua-vu site.  What do you use for a DVR?  Is it part of the Aqua-vu system or an "add-on"?  If the latter - can't it be used with the Marcum Color CAM?  Seems like there should be a pretty simple way to connect a DVR to the video output of the CAM.
Just curious.

Phil

Offline MarCum Tech

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2008, 09:15 AM »
The Aqua Vu DVR actually is exclusive to the Aqua Vu Brand. You hook the Camera up to the DVR and then the DVR hooks up to the Monitor so it is limited to the connections of the Aqua Vu brand. It is self powered thru the power running thru the camera cable.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #8 on: Nov 22, 2008, 01:28 PM »
The Aqua Vu DVR actually is exclusive to the Aqua Vu Brand. You hook the Camera up to the DVR and then the DVR hooks up to the Monitor so it is limited to the connections of the Aqua Vu brand. It is self powered thru the power running thru the camera cable.

Thanks for that.

I see, from the documentation, the Marcum unit provides a video output at the monitor, it that a standard video output of some sort?

Phil

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #9 on: Nov 22, 2008, 02:49 PM »
I went a few years before I could substantiate the cost of the DVR but being able to review what you were seeing makes them really valuable. You will want to remember to make short segments if you want to post them here. I don't remember how long they can be to store on photobucket but there is a limit.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 22, 2008, 06:38 PM »
I used to own the marcum camera used it 2 times and it took a crap on me........had to take it back for a refund turned around got the aqua-vu and NO problems............ju st may have to invest in the dvr

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2008, 03:21 AM »
I used to own the marcum camera used it 2 times and it took a crap on me........had to take it back for a refund turned around got the aqua-vu and NO problems............ju st may have to invest in the dvr

Aqua Vu just bought Marcum... Can't wait to see what a year of R&D gets us!

Offline the duke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2013, 10:28 AM »
Can anyone tell me the battery life of an aqua vu DVR?  How many hours will it last if you keep it on all day.

Offline fishing202

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2013, 11:05 AM »
Can anyone tell me the battery life of an aqua vu DVR?  How many hours will it last if you keep it on all day.

Not sure exactly how long it lasts but I can have had mine on for over 5 hours.

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2013, 11:22 AM »
I have an aqua view mini dvr that I just bought last February, not sure what u guys r saying as far as only using them on aqua view cameras? Mine works just perfect on my marcum 825 sd camera. I have a 32 gb sd card that I place in the aqua view. I just spent 9 hrs on the ice using mine the entire time, and the battery still had more to go.

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2013, 11:28 AM »
This topic was brought back up from 2008 I think things have changed.

Offline the duke

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2013, 03:14 PM »
I have an aqua view mini dvr that I just bought last February, not sure what u guys r saying as far as only using them on aqua view cameras? Mine works just perfect on my marcum 825 sd camera. I have a 32 gb sd card that I place in the aqua view. I just spent 9 hrs on the ice using mine the entire time, and the battery still had more to go.
Does the DVR hook up to the underwater camera battery, or does it have its own battery?

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2013, 03:17 PM »
Has it's own battery.

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline Fishhunter22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 22, 2013, 03:22 PM »
i got one for my aqua view. works good! i record then get home and hook it up to my tv. big screen fish behavior! sometimes ill troll with the camera and play it back at home to get an idea of what type of bottom i was fishing. its great at peicing together the puzzle.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.