The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Went to Mallet's Bay today-1-26-08  (Read 2355 times)

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
Went to Mallet's Bay today-1-26-08
« on: Jan 26, 2008, 05:51 PM »
went to mallets bay today off the access.  8"ish of ice, some people drove on.  skunked, but don't care, I WENT ICEFISHING!!!!!!!!!!!
My new Jet Sled in action

The rest of the scene:

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline Drakeman70

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Went to Mallet's Bay today-1-26-08
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2008, 06:25 PM »
A skunked day on the ice is still better than a day in the office.  Little bit thin for driving on still for me.  Once guy was also driving on at Missisquoi Bay with the same 8" of 10". 

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2008, 08:46 PM »
Never really had much luck down that way. Lots of grass perch 4 to 6 inches. What was the water depth you were fishing?....jim s

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2008, 09:31 PM »
Drakeman-

How do you get on Mississquoi?

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Browntown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2008, 10:31 PM »
I also spent a couple of hours at the Mallet's Bay access. Caught a perch every time I dropped it down but nothing over 6".

I also spent some time on Colchester Pond today and couldn't find a perch. Definitely wasn't serious about it today, but had some time to pass around midday.

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2008, 03:22 AM »
colchester pond is really getting bad I think I stopped fishing it for a few years and then heard people saying how good the fishing is getting so  tried it again and got 3 perch and no Pike. So I will stay a way and not waste my time there anymore. The fish I did get were covered in grubs....jim s

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2008, 08:08 AM »
I was fishing in a few spots but no deeper than 15-20 FOW.

I almost never catch perch on Colchester pond.  I treat it as a Pike water.  I've heard they're in there but I can never find 'em.  Yesterday was mild with a good steady barometer, I'm willing to bet fishing was slow wherever most people were.  May go out this afternoon, but I'll try sandbar and see how that goes...

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline Browntown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2008, 09:20 AM »
Me to. I'm going to try off the cow banks.

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 27, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Me to. I'm going to try off the cow banks.
I can't say I've ever fished the cow banks because I have no idea where they are!!!!  Care to enlighten??  I've been hearing about the cow banks for years but have no idea where they are.

Offline METOVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Maine to Vermont & Back
« Reply #9 on: Jan 27, 2008, 03:39 PM »
I can't say I've ever fished the cow banks because I have no idea where they are!!!!  Care to enlighten??  I've been hearing about the cow banks for years but have no idea where they are.

The Cow Banks are loacted on the north side of the sand bar (route 2) . If you get on where the boat launch is ad hea north a couple hndred yards they are on the left. By now you will probably see shanties and people fshing with tips ups there.

Offline Drakeman70

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2008, 06:51 AM »
Drakeman-

How do you get on Mississquoi?

I was just jigging for perch and did ok caught 35 or so keepers 8.5" and up. A couple were upwards of 12"s. There were quite a few people out fishing for Pike but didn't see a whole of running for flags.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.