The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Sunrise in Benson(Crappies&Yellow Perch)  (Read 2549 times)

Offline VERMONSTER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If I have just one wish! Ill take Panfish!!!
Lake Sunrise in Benson(Crappies&Yellow Perch)
« on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:09 PM »
    The Black Crappies are biting on Sunrise! But I would ask people to throw some back this isnt a big body of water.
LCCC
Panfish Patrol!!

Offline bow65lb

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Sunrise in Benson(Crappies&Yellow Perch)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2008, 01:43 PM »
Thanks for the info... Can you tell me how to get to Lake Sunrise... Looking at a map of the Benson area I see Lake Sunset and Beebe, but do not see Sunrise... I normally fish Lake Champlain but want to expand to some of the smaller bodies of water, especially with the marginal ice on Champlain... Also, I've never fished Crappie.. What baits work best (if you don't mind sharing info)...

Thanks a bunch...

Offline fishn freak13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2008, 01:12 PM »
yea i fished sunrise a few times early and jigged up a dozen crappie and perch when a couple of comercial fishermen were walking off with a couple of buckets full then when we were getting ready to leave they came back to fill there buckets again........this isnt a very big lake and it doesnt take much to fish it out, take what u need for dinner then throw the rest back please

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2008, 02:52 PM »
Thanks for the info... Can you tell me how to get to Lake Sunrise... Looking at a map of the Benson area I see Lake Sunset and Beebe, but do not see Sunrise... I normally fish Lake Champlain but want to expand to some of the smaller bodies of water, especially with the marginal ice on Champlain... Also, I've never fished Crappie.. What baits work best (if you don't mind sharing info)...

Thanks a bunch...
Lake Sunrise is just across the road to the east of Lake Sunset.  If you are going north on 22A, take a right at a little general store, you will see a sign for Lake Hortonia.  Go down a bit and you will see Lake Sunset Road on your left.  That will take you to Lake Sunrise/Sunset.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Offline Bailbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2008, 05:07 PM »
yea i fished sunrise a few times early and jigged up a dozen crappie and perch when a couple of comercial fishermen were walking off with a couple of buckets full then when we were getting ready to leave they came back to fill there buckets again........this isnt a very big lake and it doesnt take much to fish it out, take what u need for dinner then throw the rest back please
Turn them in!!!

Catching big fish is like winning the door prize!
Have to be there to win!!!!

Offline icebunny21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:24 PM »
Vermonster, aren't you a commercial fisherman?  I remember seeing you and your buddies in the blue suits at Larabees Point last year taking as many crappies as you could get and selling them to the fish hounds.  I agree that the smaller bodies of water can not take the abuse, but I know you sell your fish, so maybe playing it like you do not want people to sell their fish fish is a bad idea.  I have seen you on the ice catching fish to sell to the fish hounds.  If you have a problem with commercial fishermen as this forum seems, then do not be a hypocrite and only keep the fish you are going to eat yourself.

Offline VERMONSTER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:46 PM »
Vermonster, aren't you a commercial fisherman?  I remember seeing you and your buddies in the blue suits at Larabees Point last year taking as many crappies as you could get and selling them to the fish hounds.  I agree that the smaller bodies of water can not take the abuse, but I know you sell your fish, so maybe playing it like you do not want people to sell their fish fish is a bad idea.  I have seen you on the ice catching fish to sell to the fish hounds.  If you have a problem with commercial fishermen as this forum seems, then do not be a hypocrite and only keep the fish you are going to eat yourself.
I have nothing against commercial fishing except when it does irreparable damage to a body of water. I do commercial fish, I have commercial fished, and as a matter of fact I am going tomorrow if youd like to meet me and discuss this further we can  What I am trying  to say is some of the smaller waters cant take the pounding that Champlain can.  And even champlain can get a little beat sometimes.  I am not just saying this , I hear other people  saying it too. from what I have been told by the people I have talked with A good commercial fishery can benefit Champlain and weed out some of the stunted fish.  And as far as slinging words like hypocrite you should really know what and who your talking about. Do you fish or just watch other people.
 You seem to know about the laws and biology. Could a dozen good fishrmen with todays electronics hurt a smaller body of water if they all took thier limit every day for a whole season. wasnt trying to be a hypocrite
 and do you have something against blue suits. Because I can change to a more soothing color that appeals to your ever watchful eye. Where do you sell your fish?  :angel
LCCC
Panfish Patrol!!

Offline VERMONSTER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:18 PM »
Thanks for the info... Can you tell me how to get to Lake Sunrise... Looking at a map of the Benson area I see Lake Sunset and Beebe, but do not see Sunrise... I normally fish Lake Champlain but want to expand to some of the smaller bodies of water, especially with the marginal ice on Champlain... Also, I've never fished Crappie.. What baits work best (if you don't mind sharing info)... try some perch bait or jigs and spikes , waxies too.
 Sunrise is a deep little lake and the crappies can be suspended sometimes in 40 ft of water. Good perch too right near the bottom. Good luck and be safe. Remember you are right in peoples front yards when your on the lake so be respectful. Its better for all of us that way.

Thanks a bunch...
LCCC
Panfish Patrol!!

Offline bow65lb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2008, 06:00 AM »
Vermonster / MikeVT... Thanks for the directions and input on Lake Sunrise... Much appreciated!!!

Offline VTPikeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:42 PM »
Get a JOB..........

Offline Pike Dude

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2008, 07:44 PM »
WOW! That was entertaining, lol.  :D

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 26, 2008, 08:43 PM »
That was interesting but you know I really don't think this is what the fourms are for people. Go to yahoo chat for that crap. But anyways my 2 cents are. I have if you want to call it commercial fishing go ahead, but yes I have sold them in the past. ONLY if I am getting a good bite and the fish are really wormy other then that yes the kids love fish so they go home with me and we use them for food. No one is going to get rich off selling fish so I really don't think its for the $$. For you people who fish places that have a limit and you go over and know you are over. Then there are more then you to blame if the fish dealer is buying them from you and they know you are over they to should get punished. But you know who is keeping track anyways. No limit on the lake so why not say that's were you got them. I'm sure that happens all the time. And with my luck i never have cough a crappie cant seem to find them. ...Jim  s

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.