The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Champlain trip 2018  (Read 2689 times)

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Champlain trip 2018
« Reply #30 on: Mar 05, 2018, 06:17 PM »
I'm with you.  By sunday the ice had changed drastically from Saturday morning.  I almost got wet at the shore.  I went thru like 8 inches of slush but must have been some black ice on the bottom.  I took my plank with me when i left so I bet there were some that walked the "log" that was floating around.  It was a nice change to see a friendly EPO actually get out and do their job instead of sitting in their nice warm truck.  The gentleman crossed the plank bridge, checked every persons license and bait slip and was on his way.  It was a pleasant experience and something that has NEVER happened to me in MA and I get out almost every weekend.
We fished Great Sacandaga 2 weeks ago and 2 EPO's checked us out. It was free fishing weekend so no licenses needed. They just counted the tip-ups. Very friendly gentlemen. This weekend on Schroon Lake 2 EPO's checked us out and just wanted licenses. Neither checked our bait or receipts.
You almost got the feeling they were told to be nice to the tourists.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #31 on: Mar 05, 2018, 07:50 PM »
Pat we fished Kelly Bay for the 1st time when we went up a couple weeks ago. Sunrise to sunset. I had 3 or 4 flags all day only iced 1 Pike there about 6lbs maybe.
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #32 on: Mar 06, 2018, 05:27 AM »
One of the schroon EPO's is a local and is a stand up guy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.