Author Topic: a few from Saturday...  (Read 1079 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
a few from Saturday...
« on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:16 AM »
despite the wind I eked  out a productive day... my main target was white perch.. I ended the day with 13 ... I added a couple of smallies a small slime dart and more dinky yellow perch than I could count... the whites all came from 37 to 42 FOW. on small shiners fished 2' off the bottom.. I probably could have got more but I didn't dare try to set up my flip over in that wind.. as it was.. I actually broke one of the poles in my quick fish 3 trying to set it up in the wind...I jigged a little inside the hub but all of the action seemed to be around it.. some times you take the hand your dealt!

"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: a few from Saturday...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:32 AM »
Great job on the whites. Sucked you broke the pole on your popup hope it can be fixed. I did that before and it was not an easy fix.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:39 AM »
 I ordered a new pole this morning... seems pretty straight foreword as long as the hub is relaxed...we will see... I had the 4 corners anchored and was pulling out the side towards the wind..it must have been tangled and I pulled too hard.. next time I run into that situation I'll set the "down wind" side and install the strap.. then go to the side 180 off of it...live and learn...one thing about carrying a lot of "stuff" ... I used a length of shock cord and a roll of electrical tape to splice it good enough for the day..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:45 AM »
I always pull out toward the wind and stake that first then go around clockwise. Good luck with the fix.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2018, 01:26 PM »
Nice whites, I also caught them deep on med shiners, like you about 2’ off the bottom. 
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:15 PM »
Sounds like a real good day - the pole mishap, Roccus.  :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.