Author Topic: Ready for some Ice!  (Read 1443 times)

Offline NFDWALLY

• IceShanty Rookie
Ready for some Ice!
« on: Nov 21, 2010, 09:49 AM »
I'm getting the bug, I want to ice fish!  November seems to be the longest wait of the year.  It's bad when i start looking up in Minnesota and upper Wisconsin to see if they have ice and are fishing yet.  I start to get those crazy ideas about taking a road trip up there just to fish.  I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking like this....hope to see you all out there early this year.

Wally

Offline GOTICE?

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ready for some Ice!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2010, 07:03 AM »
I am so ready for ice. I'm just about finished up with deer season so am ready to start ice fishing. Hopefully we won't have to wait to long.

Offline sam419

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2010, 11:40 AM »
I know what you mean, ive been thinking about a trip to the upper peninsula but I did see some skim ice in the ditches today! not too long I hope.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2010, 06:44 PM »
 I've been to every ice fishing manufacture's website to see what's new (that I can't afford) and waiting for some ice. Here in southern Ohio we don't get ice like the guys up north do. I'm originally from Minnesota, so I'm spoiled ice wise!!
 But I'll take what I get, and not necessarily like it!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline walgill1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2010, 04:38 PM »
My bird bath is frozen!!! Maybe by mid December Indian Lake will have ice like has has is the past couple of years in the channels.

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2010, 08:38 PM »
Dec 20th has always been my "start-date" in NE Ohio for a great season. 
Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline rudder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2010, 08:51 PM »
This colder weather has given me the itch

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2010, 09:56 PM »
Last year I was catching bluegill & trout through the ice on my birthday...December 21. I'm hoping to celebrate it again this year on the hardwater. Bring on the cold temperatures and ice!

Offline BIGPAPA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2010, 09:49 AM »
I fired up the sleds a month a go ;D. relined the tip ups and tuned up the augers, bring it on I'm ready :tipup:.

Offline ditchdigger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2010, 11:54 AM »
Last year I was catching bluegill & trout through the ice on my birthday...December 21. I'm hoping to celebrate it again this year on the hardwater. Bring on the cold temperatures and ice!
Hey BudIce happy early b-day,mines the same day.Can't wait for the ice,just bought me a new shanty last week.Can't wait to try it out!! Bring on those cold nights!!

Offline BudIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2010, 09:19 PM »
Thanks ditchdigger, back at ya! Let's hope our day is the kickoff to another successful icefishing season. The weather forecast seems favorable, let's hope it holds all through December and we're out on safe ice again this year.

Offline firefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2010, 03:40 AM »
Hey Wally, I got it bad too.  Just bought a new Clam.  
Did you get in on the tourny again?  I was going to, but it sold out before I got the chance to.  If you do take any early season trips, give me a call or PM, I would like to hit up some new water.  Honeoye NY or Saginaw have been on my list of must fish lakes.
Garett

Offline backagainbaha

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2010, 08:57 AM »
bring it on!!!

Offline Buckeye John

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 01, 2010, 11:08 AM »
I put the boat in the barn Sunday. Put the NEW CLAM KODIAK  in the back of the pickup Sunday night! Bring it on!

Offline rudder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 02, 2010, 12:33 PM »
Thanks ditchdigger, back at ya! Let's hope our day is the kickoff to another successful icefishing season. The weather forecast seems favorable, let's hope it holds all through December and we're out on safe ice again this year.
That would be great to get out before xmas. I will follow you out

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.