The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Mdi ice report  (Read 832 times)

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
Mdi ice report
« on: Jan 11, 2019, 08:26 AM »
Hello everyone, I am new to the site, and thankful for it since I don’t use Facebook. Thought I would just give a quick synopsis of the local ponds on the island to add a little to the site. All the small ponds (round, bubble, echo, somes, Hamilton, upper and lower Hadlock etc have at least 6 inches of good ice although with the rain the inlet/outlets are sketchy. Jordan and eagle and long( the big three) are safe on the shallow ends but still not quite out in the deeper water. These three days of cold should lock them up well. I have fished seal cove and round and this year and the fishing has been slow for perch pickerel and bass. The brookie fishing is a much better bet. Hope this helps. Come on down.

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
Re: Mdi ice report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2019, 09:58 AM »
I was on the NW arm of Long a couple days ago. About six inches there. It had been open from between the S and N Necks a bout a week ago, was frozen over as far as I could see when I fished. Slow fishing. One flag, one salmon. Jigged up one yellow perch.

Don’t know what was up with the salmon,  which I kept (16 3/4”), the meat was what as a white perch and didn’t taste very good. The dogs where welcome to most of it. The perch was excellent and one of the prettiest I’ve seen!
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2019, 03:06 PM »
They have been finding a lot of nice perch in there. I don’t fish for them but I know the state record was out of there last year until it was broken later that winter. 1.8lbs I think.

Offline saltyshores

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2019, 03:49 PM »
They have been finding a lot of nice perch in there. I don’t fish for them but I know the state record was out of there last year until it was broken later that winter. 1.8lbs I think.

The Maine state record white perch weighed 3 lb 2 oz and was caught at Parker Pond in Jay in 2008

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2019, 04:09 PM »
The Maine state record white perch weighed 3 lb 2 oz and was caught at Parker Pond in Jay in 2008
  I mean yellow perch. I don’t catch many white perch in these parts.

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2019, 05:01 PM »

I’ll be targeting them there this year. The one I caught was completely parasite free. Any suggestions on where I’d land on them would be much appreciated!
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline Ernie67

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2019, 09:12 AM »
Plenty of ice and plenty of these guys

Offline Linedogg104

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2019, 09:37 AM »
Beautiful fish bud!
Fishing is easy. Catching is the hard part.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.