Author Topic: Fishfinders  (Read 1456 times)

parbus

Fishfinders
« on: Dec 14, 2003, 11:46 AM »
I am new to the board and relatively new to the sport of Ice Fishing.  I went for the first time last year and caught the bug big time.

This year I want to invest in a fishfinder.  I don't need one with all the bells and whistles.  Really just on that will be easy to use and get the job done.  I will probably just use it for Ice Fishing.  I dont have a boat so that is not important.

Any input would be appreciated.  What about the cameras?

Thanks Guys,

Noobie

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re:Fishfinders
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2003, 04:59 AM »
I hear ya when you say you want a flasher that gets the job done but dont need bells or whistles. After you buy the cheapest one and see others guys finders, you might start thinking, "Hmmmm, maybe a couple bells and a small whistle.' You can always go to Walmart and get a LCd for less than $100. This will tell you there were fish down there and depth but not if fish are down there right now. In the long run, a flasher is going to pay you back in fish. I have not heard of a flasher that will not get the job done. Dont listen to all the bellyaching about which one is best. Pick one that suits you. You might have to spend more than you wanted to in the first place. But you want to catch more fish or you wouldnt be looking for a fish finder. If you buy a flasher the first time, you wont have to buy it when the cheap LCD doesnt get the job done.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline fishin fool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • give 'em a shake
Re:Fishfinders
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2003, 10:14 PM »
What do mean by "were there"?
t'pup!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.