The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Clam Ice Auger/Cordless Drill Review  (Read 160793 times)

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Clam Ice Auger/Cordless Drill Review
« Reply #720 on: Feb 12, 2017, 04:29 AM »
Maybe the battery connectors on the drill are bent.  I wouldn't mess with it unless you see something obvious.   Time to take advantage of that great lifetime repair warranty.  Or take advantage of the return policy and get a Milwaukee.

Offline macker13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #721 on: Nov 14, 2023, 08:46 AM »
Has anyone had experience with the Dewalt Atomic Compact DCD794?   Does it have the torque needed?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #722 on: Nov 14, 2023, 09:08 AM »
Has anyone had experience with the Dewalt Atomic Compact DCD794?   Does it have the torque needed?

That model has less then the required torque ...will burn up .Are you already in the Dewalt Platform ?

These Drill will work

Dewalt DCD991

Dewalt DCD996

Dewalt DCD997

Dewalt DCD998 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Dewalt DCD999 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Milwaukee 2804-20

Milwaukee 2803-20

Milwaukee 2904-20

Milwaukee 2903-20

Spec for the proper drill

18V or Higher Brushless Drill

5 Amp Hour or Higher Battery

1/2” Chuck Type

Side Stabilizer /  Handle

Minimum Torque Rating of 84 Nm / 750 in. lbs/800 UWO

DRILL SETTING ....DRILL MODE.. Speed Setting 1  NO HAMMEER MODE !!!
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline macker13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #723 on: Nov 15, 2023, 07:58 AM »
Thank Hardwater. 
The reason I was looking at that model of Dewalt is they have a great deal on them at Fleet Farm.
I have the Ryobi 18V driver/drill set that I use on my horse farm on almost a weekly basis.  However, when I tried to use that last year is didn't have the torque to run a 6" auger.  I'll keep looking for a deal from the list you posted.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #724 on: Nov 15, 2023, 08:07 AM »
macker13

This is Ryobi best of the best as of now ..its a tad weak on torque ...but if you dont push it too hard could be the ticket ...as long as you have a 4ah battery or better

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ONE-HP-18V-Brushless-Cordless-1-2-in-Hammer-Drill-Tool-Only-PBLHM101B/314109445

PM sent
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline FishDoktor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #725 on: Jan 11, 2024, 03:53 PM »
macker13

This is Ryobi best of the best as of now ..its a tad weak on torque ...but if you dont push it too hard could be the ticket ...as long as you have a 4ah battery or better

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ONE-HP-18V-Brushless-Cordless-1-2-in-Hammer-Drill-Tool-Only-PBLHM101B/314109445

PM sent

I have that same drill running on a 6" lazer hand auger on a clam plate. It works great. I do use a 9ah battery that I got like 3 years ago on crazy sale that Ryobi doesn't make anymore. THey do have an 8ah though now. And of course 6 ah. One MIGHT be able to turn an 8" auger with the same drill and a 6ah or higher battery.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.