The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Strikemaster Lithium Lazer 40V Ice Auger  (Read 1483 times)

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
Strikemaster Lithium Lazer 40V Ice Auger
« on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:09 PM »
I was Ice fishing yesterday with a friend that had just bought the new StrikeMaster Lithium 40V ice auger. It seemed like when we were drilling holes in approx 9-10 inches of ice the auger out of the blue would just stop. We would have to let go of the deadman switch and start button. Then when we repressed the deadman switch and pressed the start button it would work. To any one that has one of these augers. Is that normal? He’s only had it for three weeks. But yesterday was the first time he’s ever tried it. Does he need to exchange it ? Thanks in advance guys.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Strikemaster Lithium Lazer 40V Ice Auger
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:17 PM »
Were  the ice chips binding up the auger drill..wet ice/slush and even ice in general can bind some from time to time .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:25 PM »
Were  the ice chips binding up the auger drill..wet ice/slush and even ice in general can bind some from time to time .

The ice chips were not binding up the auger drill from what I could see. it was so weird . One minute your drilling a hole then it would just dead stop. A couple of times when it happened ,we honestly thought we let go of the start or deadman switch. But after retrying it wee got the same results.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:27 PM »
The ice chips were not binding up the auger drill from what I could see. it was so weird . One minute your drilling a hole then it would just dead stop. A couple of times when it happened ,we honestly thought we let go of the start or deadman switch. But after retrying it wee got the same results.

Must be "climate change" at work or Greta Thunberg sabotaged it.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:33 PM »
Must be "climate change" at work or Greta Thunberg sabotaged it.

lmao

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:34 PM »

I would shoot an Email ..and/or phone StrikeMaster ASAP ..could be a familiar issue I am sure they will take care of it ..can you return it/swap it to place of purchase?
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2019, 12:41 PM »
This recall is from the SM first venture into the electric augers ..but it was a switch issue too

https://www.rapala.com/content/rapala-legal/strikemaster-lithium-lazer-8-recall.html

Offline hartly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2019, 01:54 PM »
My friend called ant Talked to StrikeMaster. They told him to exchange the auger as soon as possible. hes on his way now to Cabelas . Thanks guys .

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2019, 02:00 PM »
Yeah my thorough internet search yielded no results for any issues with the 40 v SM...Hope all is good after the exchange. I see you hark from way way north ..keep those batteries warm ..insulated bag with hand warmers is pretty EZPZ.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.