The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: jiffy vs. gator  (Read 452 times)

Offline LPiceFishn

• Team IceShanty Regular
jiffy vs. gator
« on: Feb 03, 2011, 01:54 PM »
Spent 400 on my new jiffy model 55. A guy on clear last weekend had a gator and it made me wish i'd bought a gator. My jiffy weighs a ton and takes a long time to charge. Another guy offered me 350 for my jiffy after i've drilled close too 100 holes with it. Should I sell and spend more for the gator? I'm at a loss. The jiffy does the job, but, don't really know how the jiffy will perform in the long run vs. the gator. Anyone have a gator? How do you like it? How long does it last on a charge? Any info appriciated.
Just joined PETA: people eating tasty animals

Offline 187fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: jiffy vs. gator
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2011, 04:52 PM »
I will be honest! I have an icegator and it will seriously outperform any auger out there! I have drilled close to 300 holes through 14" ice..still plenty of battery life..temp was around 0-5 degrees.. I am currently waiting on a replacement gator..I had an original gator..lasted 4 seasons! The team at icegator has worked with me to get a replacement as it is 4yrs old...I will never drill with any other auger ever! I just believe that the longevity of other augers is much better! But like any other state of the art advancements comes bugs as well! I will stick with gator until it last a lifetime, even if I had to buy a new one every few years...so I guess I'm sayin I'm a cust for life its that cool! That's my take

Offline shantysitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: jiffy vs. gator
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2011, 08:17 PM »
Go to the Icegator page and read all of the posts about Icegator, then make up your decision. I am not voicing an opinion on either one, just thought you could get a ton of info in very little time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.