Author Topic: Fishing a Northland Buckshot  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Lone Fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fishing a Northland Buckshot
« on: Jan 04, 2009, 09:38 PM »
How do you guys fish a Northland Buckshot Spoon without a flasher? i caught one tonight but it was just jigging it up and down about 6 inches.. and i know thats not as effective method as others.

Offline 1buckeye

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fishing a Northland Buckshot
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2009, 09:47 AM »
 I lift it a few feet and slowling bring it down within about 6 inches of the bottom and let it sit for a few seconds. I then pound the bottom and let it sit again. I had some luck with them this past weekend, a couple eyes and some perch.

Offline scavengerj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warm hands, warm feet and tight lines!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2009, 09:52 AM »
I wouldn't fish it any differently. But it is really hard fishing blind to know exactly what to do, when to do it, what you are doing as far as the fishes reaction, and at what depth.
A couple of ways that it can be fished as can most jigs would be to start slowly working it through the water column using various jigging/stop and go methods. The next method would be as above...start at or near the bottom and slowly work your way back up through the water column.

If any fish are caught be paying attention as to the approx. depth you were at and what jigging motion you were using.
DMS #525
AMSA #1102
OBPA
RFA #1053456E

Offline wally-eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2009, 06:30 PM »
I have excellent luck with buckshots and they are my go to bait.  I "always" tip them with 3 perch minnows hooked thru the head and hanging down......  Not much jigging needed more of a jiggle than anything else.  Been my go to bait for 4 years now........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.