Author Topic: Snowmobile or ATV permits  (Read 2097 times)

Offline waterfowlstocker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • not how deep you fish its how you wiggle your worm
Snowmobile or ATV permits
« on: Dec 14, 2019, 09:14 PM »
Trying to find some information on operating Snowmobiles or ATV on the ice in Manitoba. Are there any permits that I need to acquire?  Planning on coming to Manitoba to fish this winter and would like to make sure I have everything planned out before I arrive. Thanks

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Snowmobile or ATV permits
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2019, 10:26 AM »
No permits needed, you machine has to be plated and insured. Helmets are required unless in a side by side.

Offline waterfowlstocker

• IceShanty Rookie
  • not how deep you fish its how you wiggle your worm
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2019, 07:53 PM »
Thanks for responding, I have been looking online for regulations and its been tough researching that topic.

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2019, 08:45 AM »
No problem. Any questions, just ask.

Offline Ice Thunder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2019, 06:03 PM »
Just a comment and correct me if I'm wrong, I fished Lake Winnipeg twice last year, staying in Winnipeg Beach both times.

The first time we just rode our sleds out onto the Lake, hit a marked trail going south, and rode that down to the south end.

We were eventually told by someone in town (Winnipeg Beach) that if we were riding down on the marked trail we needed an actual trail pass/permit or we could get ticketed if we got stopped for riding on an actual snowmobile trail.

So the next time we rode down, we stayed 20 yards to the side of the trail just to be safe.

We weren't honestly too worried about it, but played it safe after hearing that.

(On the 2ND trip we just trailered to Warner Rd and rode out from there, just as easy.)

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2019, 04:52 PM »
Correct. There is a portion of a snoman ( our local snowmobile association) trail that runs on the lake. If you want to ride that, you would need a trail pass. Your in a sled, don’t bother with the trail.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.