New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Whitney Point  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Mr. Charlie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Whitney Point
« on: Dec 12, 2021, 11:40 AM »
Interested in Whitney Point and I’m a PA guy. PM me if you don’t wanna make it public. I’d be happy to share any info on any PA lakes in trade. I’m a night ice guy mostly. Crappies and Eyes. Thanks in advance.
Keep yer worms warm!

Offline Fisherman21021

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Whitney Point
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2021, 11:42 AM »
It can produce fish but also could be dead it’s kinda hit or miss

Offline Mr. Charlie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2021, 11:57 AM »
Is it overfished? And is there public access parking?
Keep yer worms warm!

Offline Db1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2021, 09:30 PM »
Yes there is public parking in my opinion its over fished when they have the derby but wouldn't miss it its a great time

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2021, 08:58 AM »
Only fished it once last season.  Caught a mixed bag (smallie, perch, bluegill, short waller) but it was pretty slow.    I will go again with low expectations.  At least I can run a machine there, unlike PA.

Offline Fisherman21021

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2021, 09:49 PM »
I live very local I’ve seen it produce good fish but those people put a lot of time and energy out there getting them it definitely gets fished hard though

Offline DANMAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2021, 03:49 PM »
PM sent

Offline Mr. Charlie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2021, 05:26 PM »
Thank you very much.
Keep yer worms warm!

Offline Iceman8274

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2022, 12:08 PM »
Of all the lakes I fish in the winter...  Whitney is definitely a challenge.  Seems this lake more than any other is affected by atmospheric conditions.  Follow your barometer and pressures.  You will figure her out..😁

Offline Iceman8274

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2022, 12:08 PM »
Of all the lakes I fish in the winter...  Whitney is definitely a challenge.  Seems this lake more than any other is affected by atmospheric conditions.  Follow your barometer and pressures.  You will figure her out..😁

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2022, 12:27 PM »
I've been watching the barometer like a hawk for about 3 yrs now  I think I have the fish behavior figured out and then they throw me a curve ball to rival a major leager.   I don't know, I guess I just go when I have time to go and hope for the best

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2022, 12:41 PM »
Over the last few years I’ve caught countless 15 to 17” walleyes there and an occasional crappy.One in a while a few nice perch.In my opinion I think it would actually benefit if they lowered the walleye size back to 15” for at least a season.Im thinking the walleye are gobbling up the crappy and perch fry.Its almost like the walleye are stunted.Every year I’m thinking that by next season there will be good numbers of 18” and over.But I never see them.Could be I’m just not putting in the time.But that’s what I’m seeing.

Offline Db1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2022, 12:59 PM »
Zap thats exactly what I am seeing i have definitely put the time in fished there all summer and managed to get five keepers ranging from 18 to 26 in caught a ton of 16 to 17 in

Offline zaphod4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fishing,my drug of choice
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10, 2022, 01:50 PM »
Zap thats exactly what I am seeing i have definitely put the time in fished there all summer and managed to get five keepers ranging from 18 to 26 in caught a ton of 16 to 17 in

My latest boat is too high HP to drop in there(unless I just use electric trolling motor).So last few seasons I’ve only fished it during hardwater.Bet that 26” was a riot.Nice catch DB1!!

Offline Db1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 10, 2022, 02:22 PM »
Yeah i have to use trolling motor my 40hp too big yeah the wife caught the 26 and it was a blast to watch

Offline swillerjigs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2022, 09:50 AM »
we boated over 100 eyes this summer 2 over 18 inches countless 17s grrrr But they have to be there somewhere, never cracked the code for the crappies.  As for being over fished I dont really think so.  Maybe during the derby but the nickname is the dead sea  ;D

Offline Reb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • PLEEAASSE FREEZE !!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 19, 2022, 03:34 PM »
How is the ice looking on Whitney? Does it look like they're going to be able to have the Derby this year?

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 19, 2022, 04:32 PM »
Good ice right now reports are slow fishing

Offline jt13077

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 19, 2022, 06:29 PM »
How is the ice looking on Whitney? Does it look like they're going to be able to have the Derby this year?

Derby is scheduled for 2/19/22….hopefully.

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 20, 2022, 05:21 AM »
Derby is scheduled for 2/19/22….hopefully.
Yeah and it's a one shot deal. If there is enough ice on that day then we will have it. If not enough then it's another year wait. so far mother nature is working in our favor. ;D

Offline huntinguy66

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 20, 2022, 07:01 AM »
I am planning on being there at first light tomorrow by myself anybody up for fishing ?

Offline HotHands

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 20, 2022, 10:01 AM »
I'll be at the reservoir this weekend. Derby will happen this year, fingers crossed.

Offline Reb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • PLEEAASSE FREEZE !!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 20, 2022, 03:46 PM »
Thanks for the info guys I haven't been able to make it up there and a couple years and then the next couple years they were canceled so hopefully I can make it this year

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.