Author Topic: 2009/10 Fishing licenses  (Read 1702 times)

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
2009/10 Fishing licenses
« on: Apr 02, 2009, 06:04 PM »
Well thanx to the Govt all the fishing licenses are now issued online. Found this out when i went to the gas station and picked up the new regs-which are now good from 2009-11. and they told me they dont sell them anymore...
Just finished printing out my license. I think its kinda dumb! But our hands are tied..
The price never went up- still $37.80(make sure you dont buy the tidal license for freshwater)..Tidal i think is $22.
heres the link:

http://www.fishing.gov.bc.ca/

-you have to have a credit card...

Cheers!
~its not over till its soft, --- "tfg".

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: 2009/10 Fishing licenses
« Reply #1 on: Apr 02, 2009, 08:03 PM »
Yes I got mine last year on-line. Its real nice because I can print 10.....one for each tackle box ;D

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #2 on: Apr 02, 2009, 09:39 PM »
ya i printed out two just in case..
only flaw i see is that when u have to record the fish u catch-like chinook or shuswap lake rainbows-use to be on the back of the license,  and these ones if someone did fill all the years limits they can just throw away that print out and use one of the other freshly printed ones...

Offline holmes76

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • from P.G. in B.C.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2009, 12:03 AM »
i got mine down at troutfitters..figured if i went down there they would be all practiced up and good at it but...they were having problems with the computer.after i told the guy to kick it it seemed to work good. ;D
soon as i got home i scanned mine onto the computer so i have another copy if i ever lose mine.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2009, 11:01 AM »
Was at Bon Voyage Sports yesterday and they told me they are selling fishing lisences but they have to go thru the online web site like everyone else but will print right there for you and pay with credit card (to them instead of putting card # on internet). They were telling me some don't want to give their credit card info online.

Hope the gov't here lets other provinces/territories be aware of this system....I was told by a Yukon fisheries C.O. this January that my lisence wasn't acceptable as was a copied one??? He said "How do I know this is you?"  I told him this is how BC is doing it. He took my particulars and let me go. Checked into it and didn't get back to me so everything must be OK ;D

Was also checked by C.O. in Kitimat in July and he told me that once I start writing on one (chinook kept) then that is the one I use from that day onward. I can see a few problems with this system since some will once one lisence is full of kept chinook, just start another new lisence with no markings on ???

Offline ianwuzhere

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOT ICE??
« Reply #5 on: Apr 10, 2009, 07:34 PM »
Until april 18th wont need a license- so can fish without one cuz of the technical difficulties the site has been having,
heres the link:
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/

Offline holmes76

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • from P.G. in B.C.
« Reply #6 on: Apr 14, 2009, 02:10 PM »
Until april 18th wont need a license- so can fish without one cuz of the technical difficulties the site has been having,
heres the link:
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/

saw this yesterday... so do those of us who allready bought one get 10 days free next year? ;)

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Apr 14, 2009, 05:10 PM »
Sounds fair to me ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.