New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: It's coming.......  (Read 4571 times)

Offline Chucker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice - It's not just for drinking!
It's coming.......
« on: Oct 24, 2005, 04:21 PM »
I'm a-going to stay where ya sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk who invented work
In the big rock candy mountains.

Offline walleye190

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • first laker
Re: It's coming.......
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2005, 06:05 PM »
cool,,,, bring it on ::)

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2005, 07:11 PM »
sweet, the weatherman on the radio said 1" tonight, 2-4" tomorrow and an overnight accumulation up to 9" in cattaraugus and allegany counties ;D :tipup:

Offline ICE4ME75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2005, 11:28 AM »
wont be long now. like to be on the ice by dec. 15th this year. last year i didn't get safe enough ice till just after christmas. bring on the arctic blasts ;D ;D

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2005, 03:33 PM »
I was driving in the hills of Morrisville,NY at 3pm and it was snowing. I drove around all the lakes and resevoirs in the area and was drooling. I just accepted a chef position out that way, and will be living 2.7 miles from my 2 favorite Crappie lakes. Yeah ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline adkman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 25, 2005, 04:11 PM »
5:08 PM and it's snowing pretty hard here in Tupper Lake.  Temp has dropped 8 degrees in the last 1 1/2hrs.  Looks like old man winter is here.

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 25, 2005, 05:49 PM »
Congrats, on the new job, you wharf rat, you.   :)  Old man down, way down, down, down by the docks of the................... .  Great tune.   ;)

Thanks Slipbob.

PikeMaster05-06

« Reply #7 on: Oct 25, 2005, 07:50 PM »
Finnally me and my fishing buddies cant wait to get things going agian...yea there is still Deer Season left but would be nice to get on the ice early december...last year got on the ice up around near simco.....hopefully can get up there sooner......Let me know of some weather conditions if you live in canada would be great..here near buffalo just low 40's and rain so far no snow  :( but things sound good in the southern tier... keep up the good work oldd man winter lol....

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #8 on: Oct 25, 2005, 08:42 PM »
I just heard that we're now talking up to 12" of snow in the high peaks of the Daks and 7" in the Berkshires.   :o  That'll knock down some leaves. 

Oh yeah, the snow is coming down heavy up here near Saranac Lake!  8) I'm hoping to be on the ice before December 1st!  ;D Bring it ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Zach

PikeMaster05-06

« Reply #9 on: Oct 25, 2005, 10:05 PM »
Thanks guys.....yeah if it stays this cold ice will be here soon espically near lake simco and up there..were we ussaly fish early december there is a lake an hour or 2 further than simco we fish but i cant think of the name right now....we ussaly get a 14lb+ pike out of there everytime we go

Offline Chucker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice - It's not just for drinking!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2005, 05:40 AM »
Zach, my sophomore year, it got cold.  Like, real cold.  As in "coldest place in the nation" for a day cold.  11 days straight w/o going above zero on the ol' °F scale.  I drove into Saranac Lake during that stretch, and popped the hood to check my oil - still had frost on the block!
I'm a-going to stay where ya sleep all day,
Where they hung the jerk who invented work
In the big rock candy mountains.

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
« Reply #11 on: Oct 26, 2005, 11:18 AM »
Yeah Chucker, thats what I hear....it's definitely the coldest place in the state, and one of the coldest in the Lower 48...but I don't mind. All it means is that I'll be on the ice while others are sitting around complaining about not having any!  ;D

-Zach

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #12 on: Oct 26, 2005, 12:50 PM »
I was driving in the hills of Morrisville,NY at 3pm and it was snowing. I drove around all the lakes and resevoirs in the area and was drooling. I just accepted a chef position out that way, and will be living 2.7 miles from my 2 favorite Crappie lakes. Yeah ;D ;D ;D ;D

Chef, what's for dinner?  Walleye, I hope!!  Good luck on the new job.  Do you have an official chef hat?  I got one last year for Xmas, for BBQs.  You'll still have plenty of icetime for the crappies?!  I'm pecilling in a few trips up that way this year for sure...

PS - I got 12 inches last night.  That should drop the water temps quite a bit.  Had to dodge a lot of trees and electric wires tho...

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Oct 26, 2005, 04:50 PM »
Thanks Ol Crawdad :thumbsup: I will miss living right on Skaneateles Lake, but there are more fishing opportunities where I am moving. Plus I grew up in the area I am moving and know all those (9 lakes/res) very well. Having all the bells and whistles out there now as opposed to 10-20 years ago should be to my advantage. I am going to finally get a chance to really hunt for those big walleyes that are in some of those haunts. Did I mention all those crappies too :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 26, 2005, 06:16 PM »
Yes I will ;D

Offline bigdaddyc9

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • cooler than a mentholated snowball!!!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 29, 2005, 06:09 PM »
The Madison county chain rocks.I happen to live 300yrds from Lebanon resivoir.My kids really like to icefish there-plenty of action.Peace and One Love BigD
Please Mother Nature,not this year too???

Offline AD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ice addict
« Reply #16 on: Oct 30, 2005, 09:29 AM »
Yes I will ;D

If your looking for a fun day chasing tip-ups for pickerel Deruyter is the place to be, we had several days catching #'s of fish in the teens, and if we had gone for full days we would have been able to catch probably 20+.     Good days there.   
    I went to college at Morrisville, and fished most of the lakes around.     
     You might also want to sheck out Stony Pond, its a bit of a hike but wont be bad if you have a snow-mobile.    That lake gets almost 0 pressure in the winter, its fairly small but I know it holds some decent perch, crappies bass and pickerel, and some bullhead too.     Even rumors of some channel cats in there.   
     Upper and Lower Leland...... I think that is what they are called (Right outside of Hamilton) Hold some decent fish, some panfish, tiger muskies and decent trout, have heard of 6-9 pound browns coming out of there through the ice in the winter.   
     You are moving to a great area to ice fish without having to drive far at all.   
It doesn't matter if you didn't catch anything as long as you had fun.

Offline The Clam

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • icin' eyes
« Reply #17 on: Oct 30, 2005, 09:50 AM »
I don't think there's a Madison County lake that's not good fishing, and the nice thing is they freeze earlier than the big lakes
Fish may be stupid but I've never seen a perch sitting in a boat with a second degree sun burn trying to catch a man.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.