The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: It was nice  (Read 515 times)

Offline clhuff

• Team IceShanty Regular
It was nice
« on: Nov 23, 2015, 08:34 AM »
Seeing skim ice on a few lakes this morning.  To bad it's going to be in 50s-60s this week. No snow for rifle season either bummer.

Offline ditzlr79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If I'm fishing I'm happy
Re: It was nice
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2015, 10:08 AM »
I'm with ya on that. I was happy that I woke up to 19 degrees this morning and that it's only 26 right now! We all have to be that bad p word, patient, and I for one am definitely not that when it comes to ice fishing! All we can do is sit back and hope mother nature gets upset soon and lets us have a major cold spell that'll last for awhile! Good luck in rifle season and keep thinking cold and ice!
There's Ice Fishing, then there's ice and fishing.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2015, 02:38 AM »
Last night and yesterday it snowed off and on all day long and left a small coating on the ground.  On the bright side tonight it's supposed to go down to about 18 so at least with these cold temps it's helping drop the water temp so when the cold sets in it's all primed to make ice.  Waiting sucks but at least we're getting closer to getting ice.

Offline PaWhiskerWacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2015, 06:03 AM »
The cold is coming for sure, snow on the ground for a few days here in nwpa, even though it was supposed to be 37 yesterday nothing melted.  Which brings up a good point, they take this real feel stuff over the top, yesterday I looked at my phone, it said 37f real feel 21, there was no wind at all?  doesn't that just make it 21????? If that is how cold it feels....that is the temp!!!!! Just saying if it is 40f and snowing and the snow isn't melting.......it might be freezing out......theres your sign, lol ??? ??? ??? ;D

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2015, 05:23 PM »
Real feel is another term like wind chill bandied about by weather people in order to boost their ratings. Just like they go crazy with the s word instead of just saying there could be a light to moderate snowfall. The more panic they can instill the better the ratings. Also helps the sissy suburbanites in their quest for adequate French Toast supplies. ::)

Offline anglure

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2015, 05:46 AM »
Well said Van ! The media is all about the hype....... ::)  And hype it up they'll do. First chance and every chance they get ......What really boggles my mind is how many people actually buy into it .   

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2015, 06:47 AM »
don't worry too much about a few warm days. Heck, it's only Thanksgiving! Those daytime highs only last a few hours in the middle of the day, the rest of the time it's getting colder. The water is getting cold and buy mid December we will be making ice! Just gotta keep thinking cold thoughts!  ;D

:tipup:

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2015, 08:48 AM »
Tobyhanna had a skim of ice on it so I would guess Gouldsboro had the same and it freezes up pretty quickly cuz its not very deep its coming were all like a bunch of little kids waiting for XMAS only difference is there's a set date for XMAS

Offline Rizzman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2015, 08:23 AM »
first ice is like the first day of buck season. it is anticipated all year. can't wait until is gets here.

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 26, 2015, 08:29 AM »
Pray it happens this year.
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.