Author Topic: HT Polar escape magnum  (Read 3492 times)

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
HT Polar escape magnum
« on: Feb 11, 2003, 10:02 AM »
    I recently purchased a HT polar escape magnum(2 man)
but have not used it yet. :( I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had experience with one of these.Thanks
Tombo

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: HT Polar escape magnum
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2007, 02:53 PM »
I won 1, first season used. It is great once you get it where you are going....it is a heavy tow when you have any snow on the ice, it acts like a huge plow.....on ice however it glides like butter.....Easy setup and takedown...Very heavy duty.......but does need to be anchored as it will skate accross the ice if it isnt....I am looking to mod it so it doesnt drag the snow so much though....BTW, get rid of the chairs......mine broke first time out...the rivets when on it, and it colapsed...

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2007, 09:55 PM »
I won 1, first season used. It is great once you get it where you are going....it is a heavy tow when you have any snow on the ice, it acts like a huge plow.....on ice however it glides like butter.....Easy setup and takedown...Very heavy duty.......but does need to be anchored as it will skate accross the ice if it isnt....I am looking to mod it so it doesnt drag the snow so much though....BTW, get rid of the chairs......mine broke first time out...the rivets when on it, and it colapsed...
Hi Hollywood703---don't know if you noticed but I posted that back in 2003- I have used mine alot since then and you are right-on, it pushes a lot of snow...I now try to put my power auger head and every thing else that's heavy in the back-end of the sled so the front lifts a little. as for the chairs.....well,I'm a fair sized guy and well......I'm kinda glad it happened when I was inside,so no one could laugh at me and I think it was the second time I used it.  :-[ :-[  Other than the aforementioned items, I am quite happy with it.....lots of room and I paid a reasonable price for it
   One thing I'm going to do is mount one of those small computer fans up in the top corner vents and run it with a battery to try and cut down on the condensation caused by my propane heater(I think it should work).
  I saved the other chair for my 5yr. old grandson

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2007, 10:38 AM »
thanks for the infor, i didnt notice the posting date.....just came accross the post.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.