The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Febuary 28th The Gathering at Gull Lake! 2nd Annual  (Read 16923 times)

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Febuary 28th The Gathering at Gull Lake! 2nd Annual
« Reply #150 on: Mar 01, 2009, 09:14 AM »
im here, been up for 30 minutes  lol.....ended with 28 and left at 10:45. bite fell off for me, but Fishhead, vex and quite  a few others were still doing ok. I can tell already that im not a smelt fisher (too much work for too little reward), but a good time was had.

Offline iceman29

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time for anther drink
« Reply #151 on: Mar 01, 2009, 10:19 AM »
I'm up man what a good time that was.Now it's time for my liver to heal ;D ;D

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #152 on: Mar 01, 2009, 01:34 PM »
LOL!!! 10-4 on that hollywood!! Im used to setting the hook and having something actually fight back!!!!!

Offline Mr. Skunked

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #153 on: Mar 01, 2009, 01:57 PM »
they may be small, but sure are tasty.

Offline flagguy83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "LETS GO ICE FISHING"
« Reply #154 on: Mar 01, 2009, 02:46 PM »
LOL!!! 10-4 on that hollywood!! Im used to setting the hook and having something actually fight back!!!!!
HECK VEX YOU ARE SO USE TO CATCHING THOSE STEELIES YOU MOST LIKELY RIPED THE LIP OFF A FEW OF THEM SMELT.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #155 on: Mar 01, 2009, 03:01 PM »
Yea 10-4 flag!! lol.  I reeled in a couple smelt heads.......

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #156 on: Mar 01, 2009, 05:32 PM »
I would like to Thank everyone for attending. The final count was 48 people in attendance. A very awsome turn out for the first time I've ever tried anything like this. Being the first time it was a real learning experience. I will be alot more organized next year. This really all snow balled together in the last 2 weeks with donations from our sponsors and fearing calling of the event due to unsafe conditions or people risking there safty on poor ice. So until friday morning I wasn't feeling the best about holding this event. Until the first ice condition report had come in.
Congradulations to all the winners! And Bigj with the Icegator. Did you know he couldn't even drill his own holes for this event. His hand auger was so dull he had to have his holes cut by another guy so that he could fish.

Once again thank you all!

Offline bigJ108

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #157 on: Mar 01, 2009, 05:43 PM »
That is exactly right mud.  I could not even cut myown holes.  When i first got out there is did not know what to expect because i am so new to this site.  Then when i realized my auger blades where so dull i couldnt cut my own holes i was almost to embarrassed to say who i was.  Then when i won the ice gator i just could not believe it.  I think i am still in shock!!  I went home (3 hour drive got home at 2)  i stayed up and played with it for like an hour then again this morning.  I can not thank you, mud,  ehough for putting this great gathering together,  I had a blast and so did my father.  He said and i quote  "that seems like a great group of guys, i should get on that site."  I could not agree more with him.  I had a blast and can not wait until next season of the hard water angling so i can get out and fish with more of you guys. 

Offline quiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Does it really stink in here!
« Reply #158 on: Mar 01, 2009, 07:12 PM »
Bigj you should show your father how to join we need more members CONGRATZ ON YOUR GOOD LUCK .

Offline flagguy83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "LETS GO ICE FISHING"
« Reply #159 on: Mar 01, 2009, 09:45 PM »
Congrats Bigj. Put it to use buddy.

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #160 on: Mar 02, 2009, 04:26 AM »
Good Job Mud! It was a great time. Nice meeting all you guys. Always good to know I am not the only one crazy about Icefishing. I have some pictures I will post when I get some time. Thanks again, to you and all of the sponsors.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline perch fever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #161 on: Mar 02, 2009, 04:48 AM »
Thanks Michiana fisherman for the ride in  Your ice gater is awsome

Offline dachmation

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #162 on: Mar 02, 2009, 10:59 PM »
Mud asked me to swap out these two stickied topics, so this one is gonna find its own level, LOL

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #163 on: Mar 02, 2009, 11:10 PM »
Thanks Dach! I appreciate it.

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • give me cold temps and I'll keep em comming
« Reply #164 on: Mar 03, 2009, 08:24 AM »
Great job with the outing, my father and I had a blast.  We caught just under 150 smelt for the night.  We counted 135 and then found some in the shanty that did not make it in the bucket while cleaning up.  What a blast thanks to all, we stayed till the end with quiter and fishead it was awsome to finnaly meet you guys.
JJ 

Offline ICECUBE#4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #165 on: Mar 03, 2009, 11:51 AM »
What were the green lights that some of you guys had. And were do you get them. Also I had a really good time at the gathering. It just sucks that Me and my dad had to leave so soon to go to work. But looking forward to next year.

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #166 on: Mar 03, 2009, 12:29 PM »
What were the green lights that some of you guys had. And were do you get them. Also I had a really good time at the gathering. It just sucks that Me and my dad had to leave so soon to go to work. But looking forward to next year.

They are "submersible lights" that can be bought at most bait shops near a Smelt lake and some of the big bait shops like Cabelas or Gander. Allot of people like to use car head lights screwed to the bottom of a bucket and then they just tip it over a hole in the ice. Here is where I got mine http://www.fishinglightsetc.com/AquaStarcombo-IV.html it's not the cheapest of Submersibles but I like the fact that I can change out colors (Green,blue, and red)  ;D

Offline dgb

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Gill Time!
« Reply #167 on: Mar 03, 2009, 07:35 PM »
Hey Ice cube I got mine at smitty's sportshop in Battlecreek. Made by optronics   www.optronicsinc.com $17 dollars and I run it on a spare vexilar battery and have not ran the battery dead yet in a nights fishing. Some of the the other lights you got to haul a motorcycle battery or bigger to keep them goin....I really don't want to lug all that weight

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #168 on: Mar 03, 2009, 07:38 PM »
Im pretty sure they sell the same lights at gander......

Offline iceman29

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time for anther drink
« Reply #169 on: Mar 03, 2009, 07:38 PM »
I just hook mine up to a marine batt cuz i run a old school round head light also never going to die on you.Yea its heavey but when i use light's im staying out there for awhile ;D

Offline ICECUBE#4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #170 on: Mar 04, 2009, 08:53 AM »
Thanks for the info. I am on my way out the door to buy one and hope to try it out tonight on gull lake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.