Author Topic: Huge props to HTEnterprises  (Read 3183 times)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Huge props to HTEnterprises
« on: Oct 09, 2019, 03:48 PM »
About a week and a half ago I placed a $35 order with these folks and within a few hours I received notification that a shipping label had been created. Well, a few days passed and I noticed that no further progress was being made with this order. So I sent them an email explaining the situation. The next day I received a response from them (Rory) apologizing for the inconvenience (which there really was none) and that a new order would be processed immediately and that a pair of HT Polar Liner gloves would be sent along as well...a $25 value itself. They are very comfortable and by the reviews I've read are extremely warm and waterproof. This past Monday, the original order arrived. I again contacted them (Rory) and told him about it and asked him what he wanted me to do with it. I just got an email back telling me to go ahead and keep it or give it to someone else as a gift...which is what I intend to do. I also intend to continue doing business with them for anything they have that I might need...or want. In fact I have been using their ETU-10 tip ups for years and I love them. This is what good customer service is all about...well done HTEnterprises. And Scott, if you're listening, I smell a new sponsor on the horizon. ;)
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Huge props to HTEnterprises
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2019, 04:21 PM »
I have always had great customer service from them wish they all were like them

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2019, 04:31 PM »
Me too! This is how a business SHOULD be run! Kudos to HT!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2019, 04:36 PM »
I've always thought of HT as a low end retailer of Chinese made tackle. Who ain't? Some of their product offerings in past years have been none too good. They sure hit one out of

the park with that Nero auger from Volzhanka in Russia. Glad to hear that their customer service goes above and beyond, rare enough these days. High five to HT.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Oct 09, 2019, 04:51 PM »
Ive always considered ht to be cheaply made products too.but the ht ice blue rods and mini nero auger keeps me a customer.the polar rubber mittens are good also.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 09, 2019, 06:27 PM »
I used some of their products when I was first getting started. One of the things I bought was a fly reel that I spooled up with about 10 yards of line for shallow sight fishing. Anyway, for whatever reason I took it apart to clean and regrease it and mixed up the pieces and it didn't go back together right. So, I emailed HT asking if they had a drawing showing an exploded view or something that would help me out. Not only did they get right back to me, they asked for my address so they could send me a new one. I made it clear this was totally my fault, but they insisted, didn't ask for a receipt, photo, nothing. Can't ask for better customer service than that.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 09, 2019, 08:41 PM »
I've always thought of HT as a low end retailer of Chinese made tackle. Who ain't? Some of their product offerings in past years have been none too good. They sure hit one out of

the park with that Nero auger from Volzhanka in Russia. Glad to hear that their customer service goes above and beyond, rare enough these days. High five to HT.

Had pretty much the same view for a period. If you don't look at the low end crap, they do have some very solid rods and reels.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Oct 10, 2019, 05:12 AM »
I myself haven't bought a lot of "stuff" from them,  I do have a couple of Ice Blue rods that I'm happy with. But I really like the HTU-10 tip ups. I'm a little old school I guess as I like the old cross stick style. No issues except when I was "chipping" one out of a hole last season and broke one of the sticks.  ::) I've since fabricated one and it hasn't missed a beat.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2019, 08:00 AM »
I've used Polar tipups since I started ice fishing. At that time they were the least expensive way to get my foot in the door for equipment. Took a pile of heat from Beaver Dam diehards, especially around here, but still caught a pile o fish. I grew to really love the simplicity of maintenance, lightweight and reliability.

Fast forward to last year. I was reconditioning a number of Craigslist Polars I'd bought for the grandkids. I noticed that HT had come out with, what I believed to be, a better Polar (PTU-20 for those that might be interested). I moused around looking to see if I could purchase a couple of the newer parts as accessories and upgrade what I already had. Unfortunately what I was most interested in was not. The CS guy took my name, address and phone and said if they came available he'd let me know. OK, that's nice. I'm on a list...

Three days later I find a UPS box on the doorstep. It's from HT. Really? Well it wasn't the parts because they don't get 'em without being installed on a tipup. What was in the box was a very generous promotional package. The usual catalog and stickers plus a really nice fleece beanie and another item that I won't divulge. Let's just say it was unexpectedly generous, thoughtful and certainly cemented my opinion of their customer service as rock solid.

I wanted to share this last year but did not. My fear is others bombard HT expecting to get what I got. Then either HT would throttle back their really incredible response to earnest individuals due to "abuse". Or folks would not have been rewarded in the same way I was and bad press ensues. Either way would not have been a good thing for a stand up company.

Really glad other folks have had a good experience with their CS. It seems to be a rare thing these days.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: For HT!
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Oct 10, 2019, 11:07 AM »
Maybe they don't have the highest quality of stuff out there,  but like I said, what I have bought has served me well.  And as a few others mentioned,  customer service is HUGE...at least for me.

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 10, 2019, 11:31 AM »
Like esox some of my first tip-ups were Polars  and I still fish several of the ones I picked up in the mid to late 70's. I'm needing to replace some of them cause I can't figure out how to re-lube the down tube. A bit of trepidation however cause I've been seeing newer Polars other fishermen near me using that have very curved bases., Sit on the hole like a banana! Did polar go to a different compound for their bases? My old ones still sit flat and straight!

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Oct 10, 2019, 03:32 PM »
I love my Nero Mini and I also have 3 HT hooksetters which I really like. Really wish they were more readily available. $15 for an auto hookset cant be beat (unless you DIY)

Put me on my first musky during my first ice fishing season last year  ;D
Team Comfy Skunks

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Oct 10, 2019, 05:38 PM »
I like dealing with HT because of their customer service.  I have a pair of their Omni Tech Super Sandals and I lost one of the studs.  When I called them the lady said she'd make it right, asked for my address, and a few days later I got a bag full of the studs (enough to replace all of the studs) free.  You can't beat that in my book.  Their stuff is a good bit cheaper than other brands and just as good.  I'm a big fan of their Marmooska jigs and have had lots of luck with them on panfish and trout.  My only gripe with them is they don't sell all their stuff online, namely the lead Marmooska jigs. 

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 10, 2019, 06:11 PM »
Back when I first started to ice fish about 14 yrs ago I bought an 8in HT hand auger from Walmart. When I got home I opened it up and on one of the flights it was bent up. I took some pictures and sent it to HT. I straightened It with a large pliers and touched it up the bare metal where the powder coating flaked off.......HT sent a new one free of charge.

Needless to say the chineese blades were dull after a hole or two and would not cut. Once I replaced them with better blades they both worked fine. Sold them both on c list when I got my nils. Always have had great CS.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #14 on: Oct 10, 2019, 06:20 PM »
All you clowns talk so good about them I my have to find something of there’s I may “need” in the sled. Lol I’m glad a company can still take pride in themselves
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 10, 2019, 08:48 PM »
All you clowns talk so good about them I my have to find something of there’s I may “need” in the sled. Lol I’m glad a company can still take pride in themselves

Clowns... I may resemble that remark.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

No brag, just fact!
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 10, 2019, 10:05 PM »
I have been using their polar tipups for 8 years. bought them used. bought their storage case from Dicks. used that for a couple of years and the plastic liner cracked and eventually fell apart. I wrote to them asking if I could buy a new liner. instead, they sent me a complete storage case - Free!. They have great customer service.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #17 on: Oct 11, 2019, 09:39 AM »
Hey CLOWN! How about putting your location in your profile so we know where clown HQ is!! :clap: :thumbsup: :flex: :roflmao: ;)2 :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Oct 12, 2019, 01:31 AM »
Not all HT stuff is good quality. But I have nothing but good stuff to say about two items.  First is the one man Iceman Express flip over shelter sled.  When I bought it years ago it was the only shelter that came with the cover and it was the cheapest I could find. But the tent material was 600 dernier canvas... Not nylon. And it's only 48 pounds. I still use it when my teenage son doesn't go with me.

The second is my Arctic Express 7 inch auger. I paired this with my ice gator and it still rips holes in through the ice. Two years ago one of the welds on the flutes broke.  I had it welded up at work and was back in business. After about 10 years I finally put new blades on it.

My son loves the blue rods but the shelter "puck" light was garbage.

A couple years ago they came out with a very nice aluminum inline ice reel.  It's the Polar Fire. But it was about $110. I wouldn't mind finding one if the price is right.
jbird68

Offline chaumontriverguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Oct 12, 2019, 06:56 AM »
i love their polar blue ice rods 36" and polar lites cheap noodle rods !!! ;D

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Oct 12, 2019, 01:21 PM »
Yea I forgot must be was catching all them good eating perch instead that day. Lol.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Oct 12, 2019, 01:23 PM »
Hey CLOWN! How about putting your location in your profile so we know where clown HQ is!! :clap: :thumbsup: :flex: :roflmao: ;)2 :icefish:

Yea clown headquarters is most definitely right here in my neck of the woods upstate ny.
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #22 on: Oct 12, 2019, 08:07 PM »

Yea clown headquarters is most definitely right here in my neck of the woods upstate ny.
lololol...... Put it in your profile please. Thanks in advance!!  :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #23 on: Oct 13, 2019, 07:46 PM »
thanks for sharing. customer service is huge in my opinion and I will definitely keep this in mind!

Offline Aqualift

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Oct 13, 2019, 09:54 PM »
 I've been using HT's one man Quik Shak for 10 years and it's still in great shape after a ton of use and abuse.  I have also experienced HT's excellent customer service.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.