New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1347088 times)

Offline DerekF_17

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #10680 on: Feb 11, 2020, 01:41 PM »
It’s about 5 hours for me. Done it plenty of times before and had good times. But only George is reliably good fishing. I’ve heard 5-7 inches can be found a number of places so will make the trek.

Usually the wife takes them skiing one day and they join me fishing another.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10681 on: Feb 11, 2020, 02:01 PM »
Good luck!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10682 on: Feb 11, 2020, 03:10 PM »
I had my 7 year old daughter out on Saturday.  Drive is 3hrs each way and I come up every weekend.  So from this guys perspective yes its worth it.  Bring the kids to mdb and find some perch and you'll have a blast.  Winter carnival is happening now so there's other things for the kids to do if needed.
Don’t have kids but I second this strongly, be smart there ice all over some fishable some not be safe and put the fishing behind your children’s safety

Seems like everyone and there mother will be up this weekend...crap

Offline Evil Tom

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Jesus walked on water...once I do it every year
« Reply #10683 on: Feb 11, 2020, 03:51 PM »
It's gonna be a winter carnival alright.Bring popcorn.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10684 on: Feb 11, 2020, 07:01 PM »

Seems like everyone and there mother will be up this weekend...crap

Its never too bad where I fish, probably because most wont walk 3 miles from an access and there wont be machines where I am!

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10685 on: Feb 11, 2020, 09:25 PM »
That's the ticket! I'll be putting some miles on Sunday looking for some untouched fish. Have a funny feeling it's going to be a good day. If I wasn't so buried with work I'd be there sooner.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10686 on: Feb 11, 2020, 09:26 PM »
That's the ticket! I'll be putting some miles on Sunday looking for some untouched fish. Have a funny feeling it's going to be a good day. If I wasn't so buried with work I'd be there sooner.

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10687 on: Feb 12, 2020, 04:51 AM »
If you dont like people fishing holes that you have drilled right next to you I suggest bringing Jersey barriers, barbwire, and a bad ass pitbull... it's been crazy out there. Totally get theres limited ice but when it's not to packed and you and your 3 buddies come out a hr and a half after daylight and set up 6 ft. Away And wonder why I get pi$$ed. You've been warned lol
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #10688 on: Feb 12, 2020, 05:03 AM »

Right there with you. Moved around so much last week, almost went 5 miles in total. Hopefully the drags not too bad for us by sunday, im trying to hit some new water again as well.  :thumbsup:

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10689 on: Feb 12, 2020, 05:21 AM »
If you dont like people fishing holes that you have drilled right next to you I suggest bringing Jersey barriers, barbwire, and a bad ass pitbull... it's been crazy out there. Totally get theres limited ice but when it's not to packed and you and your 3 buddies come out a hr and a half after daylight and set up 6 ft. Away And wonder why I get pi$$ed. You've been warned lol

Ya if you fish MDB thats typically what happens. 

Offline walleye03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10690 on: Feb 12, 2020, 07:37 AM »
Can anyone provide some ice conditions around the lake? Im looking to take the drive up next week and want to fish for lakers but dont know what the ice is like. Any info is much appreciated.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10691 on: Feb 12, 2020, 07:54 AM »
Its never too bad where I fish, probably because most wont walk 3 miles from an access and there wont be machines where I am!
winter circus is here!!! clowns are coming to town  :P

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10692 on: Feb 12, 2020, 08:27 AM »
Can anyone provide some ice conditions around the lake? Im looking to take the drive up next week and want to fish for lakers but dont know what the ice is like. Any info is much appreciated.

Extremely variable.  There is laker water accessible but its best to take the drive up and let the spud tell you where to fish.  Also if you read back a page or 3 in this thread you'll have some ideas.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10693 on: Feb 12, 2020, 09:24 AM »
Extremely variable.  There is laker water accessible but its best to take the drive up and let the spud tell you where to fish.  Also if you read back a page or 3 in this thread you'll have some ideas.
Very well said info low accord

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10694 on: Feb 12, 2020, 09:26 AM »
3-5” tmrw into night.... will likely be getting a can of automotive spray wax thanks for tip on that one guys ditched the Smitty sled years ago takes too much space in my truck and the wax should be a great solution!

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #10695 on: Feb 12, 2020, 10:48 AM »

Plenty of access but with how the weather and fluctuating temps have been, make sure you spud wherever you go. It has saved my ass a few times already this year. If the wind cooperates, looks like there is the potential for some new areas to freeze up and access as well, but its really a toss up at this point. Lots of good reports a few pages back, only difference between then and now is the additional snow and slush on top. Will be interesting to see how quickly it all freezes up with the cold snap moving in. 

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10696 on: Feb 12, 2020, 12:40 PM »
Just a note...I am not the best person to PM on ice conditions.  I live 3hrs away and only fish LG on the weekend or an occasional weekday. 

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10697 on: Feb 12, 2020, 02:19 PM »
Just a note...I am not the best person to PM on ice conditions.  I live 3hrs away and only fish LG on the weekend or an occasional weekday.
Just goes to show how many people will be up this weekend

Offline got em

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10698 on: Feb 12, 2020, 02:31 PM »
 ;) Just got back. . Huddle Beach. . To the left when you get on. . Guys to the South of the island. . I went North. . Not alot of action but enough keeper perch for a fry. . I'd say 2" snow. . Maybe 4" hardened /slushy crap. . Prob 5" to 6" hard. . People at Vet's. . Cotton Point. . Hearthstone. . MDB. . Yes there will be A lot of clowns there this weekend. . Circus is in town. .  ::)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10699 on: Feb 12, 2020, 02:54 PM »
Just goes to show how many people will be up this weekend

Na people like that usually don't go unless someone does their homework.  Circus or not it doesn't stop me from smashing.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10700 on: Feb 12, 2020, 03:05 PM »
Na people like that usually don't go unless someone does their homework.  Circus or not it doesn't stop me from smashing.
You and me both man, I’m new to site but I’m already close to getting off... same reason why I’m not on Facebook or anything else really crazy!

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #10701 on: Feb 12, 2020, 03:06 PM »
You and me both man, I’m new to site but I’m already close to getting off... same reason why I’m not on Facebook or anything else really crazy!

Dont lie to the people you love the banter!  :roflmao:

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10702 on: Feb 12, 2020, 03:30 PM »
Lol people do make me laugh man, I read the South Bay thread last night and that board had me cracking up some characters on here

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10703 on: Feb 12, 2020, 05:27 PM »
;) Just got back. . Huddle Beach. . To the left when you get on. . Guys to the South of the island. . I went North. . Not alot of action but enough keeper perch for a fry. . I'd say 2" snow. . Maybe 4" hardened /slushy crap. . Prob 5" to 6" hard. . People at Vet's. . Cotton Point. . Hearthstone. . MDB. . Yes there will be A lot of clowns there this weekend. . Circus is in town. .  ::)

It's a report like this that keeps me active.
Don't really care much how many numbers people post but the conditions,  including..
I'll make the trip north,  possibly one or 2  more times knowing the circus is in town. 

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10704 on: Feb 12, 2020, 05:50 PM »
Lol people do make me laugh man, I read the South Bay thread last night and that board had me cracking up some characters on here

I get all my info from iceshanty

very reliable
I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10705 on: Feb 12, 2020, 06:42 PM »

I may of had a part in that South Bay thread...

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10706 on: Feb 12, 2020, 07:18 PM »

There's a reason why Logan named it the BS thread...its going to be so cold up there this weekend people will flake.

Offline Bern73

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10707 on: Feb 13, 2020, 04:56 AM »
C'mon Guys.  Clowns also pay tax and bait money . I Respect  any fisherman,  Lake George is  the best.  I am coming next week . )

Offline John2448

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta be the bait
« Reply #10708 on: Feb 13, 2020, 05:23 AM »
Only the diehards will be out Friday and Saturday

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10709 on: Feb 13, 2020, 06:01 AM »
For people inquiring about ice conditions, you should listen to the guy from Iowa, check the ice yourself.  What is good safe ice for one may not be safe for another.  Your spud is your best friend on this lake, allot of water movement.
Go get them this weekend Jon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.