New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346938 times)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #10650 on: Feb 07, 2020, 01:42 PM »
Snow wont stop me.  Ill be out.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10651 on: Feb 07, 2020, 01:58 PM »
Snow wont stop me.  Ill be out.
Ditto you know where I’ll be bud get in touch if you want to link up

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10652 on: Feb 07, 2020, 02:02 PM »
We may be on different lakes my man.  Not sure which laker destination I may pound.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #10653 on: Feb 07, 2020, 02:07 PM »
As heavy as this snow is I’m not sure wind can move it

Cold temps Sat *should* help dry it out some. With the 10-15mph winds. Might be enough to at least lessen it some. Every inch off the lake counts 

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10654 on: Feb 07, 2020, 02:16 PM »
We may be on different lakes my man.  Not sure which laker destination I may pound.
Catch em up regardless! know you boys will, maybe new weekend once all this crap settles down a bit we’ll get out together

Offline korushka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10655 on: Feb 08, 2020, 08:03 AM »
Does anyone know the conditions at Hearthstone? Any updates would be appreciated. Thx.

Fishmon

« Reply #10656 on: Feb 08, 2020, 05:10 PM »
Does anyone know the conditions at Hearthstone? Any updates would be appreciated. Thx.

A lot of that road (9N) was closed today for national grid crews trying to restore power.  Some crazies out at Vet's park camped out like a flock of ducks within a 100 feet or so of open water.

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10657 on: Feb 09, 2020, 05:40 PM »
on't know the conditions but I drove around the south end of the lake from Dunhamsd bay around the South end and there were several guys out of Hearthstone.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10658 on: Feb 10, 2020, 06:41 AM »
Any input on snow cover on the southern end of the lake? I havent fished LG all season and would like to get on Katskill bay if possible this weekend.  I fished Moreau on Sunday and was amazed at how sloppy it was. Thanks for any input on LG.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10659 on: Feb 10, 2020, 11:41 AM »
A beautiful tank scrubber.  Conditions did suck.  Air bnb I normally crash at had no power so I was forced back to CT a day early.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10660 on: Feb 10, 2020, 12:16 PM »
A beautiful tank scrubber.  Conditions did suck.  Air bnb I normally crash at had no power so I was forced back to CT a day early.

Beauty bud, bet you jigged em up too love the blunt nose lol conditions blew but the jig bite was on fire 21 fish jigged two days two guys most fish 24-30” made the drag worth it will you be up next weekend again? Got nasty out Friday night heavy saturated frozen snow covered trees and 40 mph gusts another couple inches on snow last night and now rain and freezing rain... will be a fun week

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10661 on: Feb 10, 2020, 12:23 PM »
Na jaw jacker in the shanty.  Had a migraine so I was just hanging out and it popped.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #10662 on: Feb 10, 2020, 12:40 PM »

Damn bud, thats a pretty fish.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline WHITETAIL111

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10663 on: Feb 10, 2020, 02:47 PM »
Wow!  Beautiful Salmon!   
That taxidermy man back home gonna have a heart attack when he see what I bring'em!!

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10664 on: Feb 10, 2020, 02:47 PM »
For a lil report. Saturday was an absolute mess. By Sunday morning 99% of the slush had froze where I fished making for decent conditions. I was lucky enough to watch 2 bald eagle clean up some pumpkin seeds that some idiot left on the lake the day before. It also made it easier for me to find 40 seeds to throw on top of my kids and my limits of perch. By far the heaviest buckets I've dragged off that lake. Get it while you can boys! We're not going to have long.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #10665 on: Feb 10, 2020, 02:59 PM »
saturday was up there for the most difficult drag I have done >:(. That snow and slush glued itself to the bottom of my sled. It was crazy bad.

Sunday was much better going elsewhere and having glare ice to drag across.  ;)

the wind and weather depending on where you go went did a number to some of the spots.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10666 on: Feb 10, 2020, 03:26 PM »
Na jaw jacker in the shanty.  Had a migraine so I was just hanging out and it popped.
Just as good in my eyes still exciting, atleast it was on the rod!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10667 on: Feb 10, 2020, 03:27 PM »
saturday was up there for the most difficult drag I have done >:(. That snow and slush glued itself to the bottom of my sled. It was crazy bad.

Sunday was much better going elsewhere and having glare ice to drag across.  ;)

the wind and weather depending on where you go went did a number to some of the spots.
The snow freezing slush to the bottom of the sleds where brutallll

Offline flyfish413

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10668 on: Feb 10, 2020, 04:11 PM »
The snow freezing slush to the bottom of the sleds where brutallll

If you're heading out in those kind of conditions give your sled a good blast of automotive spray wax if you have some hanging around! It will really help keep the snow from sticking and make it easier to knock off if it starts to build up.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10669 on: Feb 10, 2020, 04:26 PM »
If you're heading out in those kind of conditions give your sled a good blast of automotive spray wax if you have some hanging around! It will really help keep the snow from sticking and make it easier to knock off if it starts to build up.

Great idea here! I wasn’t anticipating all the slush tho only if I knew

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10670 on: Feb 10, 2020, 04:34 PM »
For a lil report. Saturday was an absolute mess. By Sunday morning 99% of the slush had froze where I fished making for decent conditions. I was lucky enough to watch 2 bald eagle clean up some pumpkin seeds that some idiot left on the lake the day before. It also made it easier for me to find 40 seeds to throw on top of my kids and my limits of perch. By far the heaviest buckets I've dragged off that lake. Get it while you can boys! We're not going to have long.

the pumpkin seeds in that lake are just unreal.  I wish you could find gills that

pumpkin seeds are yummy. but like cutting through carpet with a fillet knife

I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline flyfish413

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10671 on: Feb 10, 2020, 05:05 PM »
Great idea here! I wasn’t anticipating all the slush tho only if I knew

I do it a few times a year, definitely helps!

Offline flyfish413

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10672 on: Feb 10, 2020, 05:08 PM »
Thinking of checking out Hearthstone tomorrow morning, if anyone's got anything to add to that PM's would be greatly appreciated haha. Staying in LG with the lady Sunday - Tuesday so I want to scout around a bit tomorrow so I'm not wasting any time when the weekend gets here!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10673 on: Feb 10, 2020, 08:46 PM »

Nice work Jamie.  We have to get down this year.  Averi's first trip on LG was Saturday and the bite was brutally slow...

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10674 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:09 AM »
Headed up friday-monday. Any kind of reports would be great. Like fishing up north, but I know that's been wide open for awhile, wondering if the snow slushed up the open water and froze?

Offline DerekF_17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10675 on: Feb 11, 2020, 06:12 AM »
Can someone’s post a list of bays/area that would be really solid for this weekend? Like 6+inches? I see that some of you are fishing, but not sure if those reports are only coming from the people who have bigger stones than I. I’d like to bring the kids but don’t take chances with them around.

Offline Jkrum10238

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10676 on: Feb 11, 2020, 10:32 AM »
x3 headed up this weekend too, any info appreciated.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10677 on: Feb 11, 2020, 11:56 AM »
Can someone’s post a list of bays/area that would be really solid for this weekend? Like 6+inches? I see that some of you are fishing, but not sure if those reports are only coming from the people who have bigger stones than I. I’d like to bring the kids but don’t take chances with them around.

If I bring my daughter the only report I trust is what my spud bar tells me.  While shanty can be helpful I don't think you want to approach ice safety for your children second hand...

Offline DerekF_17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10678 on: Feb 11, 2020, 12:46 PM »
Agree 100%. Kids don’t step foot on the ice until I’ve drilled all the holes and shelter is up.

Just trying to determine if a LG trip is worth the drive.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10679 on: Feb 11, 2020, 12:56 PM »
I had my 7 year old daughter out on Saturday.  Drive is 3hrs each way and I come up every weekend.  So from this guys perspective yes its worth it.  Bring the kids to mdb and find some perch and you'll have a blast.  Winter carnival is happening now so there's other things for the kids to do if needed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.