New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346970 times)

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #8280 on: Feb 02, 2018, 06:21 AM »
Vtech is kids learning toy company.  VTEC is variable timing electronic control and I know all about it.  Lowaccord was indeed a slammed 2003 acford coupe which I beat the snot out of and gave to my brother.

Yaya you are correct. I forgot how sensitive those Honda guys were about that H lol

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8281 on: Feb 02, 2018, 06:33 AM »
I'm sure there is plenty of ice on LG but are there any problem areas(pressure ridges, spring etc) near hearstone.  I'm going tomorrow with my son for the first time this season for lakers. We plan to stay mobile(walking) and jig for them.

Any recommendations for lakers?  DOW?  Lures or set ups.. Thanks.

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8282 on: Feb 02, 2018, 07:00 AM »
 I'll do that in every hole before I try a new one (smash the bottom 5 times and reel away at least half way) at least once and sometimes back to back. I'm sure you all have tried this, but a lot of my Lakers have come this way and 8 or 9/10 will eat it. I've been dead sticking my bait 20-25 ft off bottom and once I see the mark approaching my bait, reel away. A lot of times you won't see them leave the bottom but return to the bottom if your are late on your retrieve. I might be off on the odds, but it seems like most of them will commit when its tough and slow.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8283 on: Feb 02, 2018, 07:22 AM »
I learned quite a bit fishing yesterday.
I learned 1 ratchet strap won't hold my shanty on top of the 4 wheeler in the back of the truck if I get on the northway.
I also learned how to get new gear without the woman getting on me too much. Out with the Eskimo flip... In with the Shappell Bayrunner. Despite the $$$ I had to spend. I'm glad no one got hurt hitting the shack at 70.

I started the day slightly cursed with chasing fish that wouldn't bite. I got bored and started blasting the bottom 5 times with my jig before making my ascent. Every single fish of the 9 I landed yesterday came like this. 2 fish caught me by surprise and struck when I was stirring mud. I caught 7 on proper gear and switched to perch mode. Jon took me to school while I stuck 2 more trout on the light gear. Even the 2 trout that hit tungsten hit immediately after I hit the bottom 5 times. I've tried all of this before. It just never worked as slick as it did yesterday.
About time we finally fished!   Hope you can bend the shanty back in shape and make it usable.  Sucks it happened.  My claim to fame this season will be catching more perch lol.  Let's do it again soon! 
I love clipboard man

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8284 on: Feb 02, 2018, 07:24 AM »
My numbers were similar fishy. Everyone I marked after pounding hit without hesitation.

There is a nasty ridge just north of Hearthstone off Still bay and stretching 25% or more across the lake. Head out towards the middle and you can get around it fine. It may have set up back together fine by now, but I'll be sticking to my routine of heading out and around.
Spread the word about that ridge. It wasn't there back when Hearthstone hill was fine. A lot has changed during the few days the hill was unpassable. Dude's are going to rip up that shore line in the dark Saturday and Sunday expecting it to be smooth sailing like it was 2 weeks ago. And their gear is going to go for a ride.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8285 on: Feb 02, 2018, 07:53 AM »
Yaya you are correct. I forgot how sensitive those Honda guys were about that H lol

Not a Honda guy by any means.  Car guy yes.  Let's put it this way...the wife's daily has 360ci and a hayes racing intake manifold and other goodies.  Picking up a Denali today actually and i look forward to stuffing my otter in it for LG adventures tomorrow.

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8286 on: Feb 02, 2018, 07:56 AM »
The ridge is still there as of a couple days ago.  Pun not intended.

Offline harpoonlocke

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8287 on: Feb 02, 2018, 08:23 AM »
How is the ice in between the sagamore island and crown island?
Check out the blog aacfishing.blogspot.co m

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8288 on: Feb 02, 2018, 09:52 AM »
Nice start to the day. 25 inches and a 20 so far !

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8289 on: Feb 02, 2018, 10:04 AM »
I learned quite a bit fishing yesterday.
I learned 1 ratchet strap won't hold my shanty on top of the 4 wheeler in the back of the truck if I get on the northway.
I also learned how to get new gear without the woman getting on me too much. Out with the Eskimo flip... In with the Shappell Bayrunner. Despite the $$$ I had to spend. I'm glad no one got hurt hitting the shack at 70.

I started the day slightly cursed with chasing fish that wouldn't bite. I got bored and started blasting the bottom 5 times with my jig before making my ascent. Every single fish of the 9 I landed yesterday came like this. 2 fish caught me by surprise and struck when I was stirring mud. I caught 7 on proper gear and switched to perch mode. Jon took me to school while I stuck 2 more trout on the light gear. Even the 2 trout that hit tungsten hit immediately after I hit the bottom 5 times. I've tried all of this before. It just never worked as slick as it did yesterday.
After reading this I think I'll add a second ratchet strap to mine. I've been doing the same thing as you for years. Gotta admit I'm always looking in the rear view hoping what happened to you isn't going to happen to me. I did find out this year that little back packs will fly out of the flip over during transit though >:(

Your story made me think of my little sister many years ago tying a 10' jon boat to the top of her car and having it come off and sail through the air on the northway. Luckily somehow that didn't cause an accident either. The jon boat still sits at my dads house but it's definitely a little tweaked.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8290 on: Feb 02, 2018, 11:23 AM »
Not a Honda guy by any means.  Car guy yes.  Let's put it this way...the wife's daily has 360ci and a hayes racing intake manifold and other goodies.  Picking up a Denali today actually and i look forward to stuffing my otter in it for LG adventures tomorrow.

Thats sweet. I myself have never been a Dodge fan, but you can't argue that they make a strong running V8. Im sure that Denali will be sweet. Enjoy it.

I got out of the car world when we bought a house and had our first kid. I actually sold that SS to buy my first real bass boat. Dumb move to sell that car. Still regret it...but I was racing way too much in it. On track and off during mid night meet's. Had to get rid of it if my wife wanted me around. She put down 600rwhp and 638rwtq on a 150 shot through a T56.

Offline korushka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8291 on: Feb 02, 2018, 12:30 PM »
Pilot knob still open?

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8292 on: Feb 02, 2018, 12:59 PM »
Nice laker

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8293 on: Feb 02, 2018, 01:44 PM »
Wind is insane out on the lake. Just had a hole freeze over inside the hut lol

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8294 on: Feb 02, 2018, 09:12 PM »
Any reports on the ridge just north of Hearthstone? Near Still Bay...

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8295 on: Feb 03, 2018, 03:54 AM »
My numbers were similar fishy. Everyone I marked after pounding hit without hesitation.

There is a nasty ridge just north of Hearthstone off Still bay and stretching 25% or more across the lake. Head out towards the middle and you can get around it fine. It may have set up back together fine by now, but I'll be sticking to my routine of heading out and around.
Spread the word about that ridge. It wasn't there back when Hearthstone hill was fine. A lot has changed during the few days the hill was unpassable. Dude's are going to rip up that shore line in the dark Saturday and Sunday expecting it to be smooth sailing like it was 2 weeks ago. And their gear is going to go for a ride.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8296 on: Feb 03, 2018, 04:17 AM »
Good Luck today everyone and be safe! 😃

MK

Offline carpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8297 on: Feb 03, 2018, 05:37 AM »
Everyone be careful if you're fishing Hearthstone today. There's an accident on the hill going down this morning. :tipup:

Offline Fidlerontheice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8298 on: Feb 03, 2018, 08:33 AM »
I was wondering if there was safe four wheeler access out of Harris Bay trying to get to Long Island only ever fish west side of the lake! Any tips would be appreciative.
!!FLAG!!

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8299 on: Feb 03, 2018, 11:59 AM »
Wanted to say thank you to prchslyr and his crew for pushing my buddies pos almost new wheeler back onto his truck this morning. Apreciate it Jamey  :thumbsup:

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8300 on: Feb 03, 2018, 12:26 PM »
I was wondering if there was safe four wheeler access out of Harris Bay trying to get to Long Island only ever fish west side of the lake! Any tips would be appreciative.

10-14" to LI from Harris side. I'm there now.

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8301 on: Feb 03, 2018, 12:29 PM »
Wanted to say thank you to prchslyr and his crew for pushing my buddies pos almost new wheeler back onto his truck this morning. Apreciate it Jamey  :thumbsup:

He’s a good dude! Sorry I keep forgetting to arrange meeting up. Old age. Don’t be afraid to bug me!
I love clipboard man

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8302 on: Feb 03, 2018, 02:01 PM »
Any reports on the ridge just north of Hearthstone? Near Still Bay...
Still There as of yesterday. Didn't look bad though.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8303 on: Feb 03, 2018, 02:12 PM »
How is the ice in between the sagamore island and crown island?
Unless you're really sure, that's a good place to stay away from. lotta current through there and there's open water not far away.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!

Offline Fidlerontheice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8304 on: Feb 03, 2018, 02:25 PM »
10-14" to LI from Harris side. I'm there now.
Is there wheeler access though . My buddies dad had a heart attack 2 years ago he doesn't like the real long walks.
!!FLAG!!

Offline Hardwaterlipn147

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8305 on: Feb 03, 2018, 02:28 PM »
Anyone have any info on log bay and surrounding islands?? Ice conditions?
weekend hooker!

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8306 on: Feb 03, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Anyone have any info on log bay and surrounding islands?? Ice conditions?
What Ice?

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8307 on: Feb 03, 2018, 02:46 PM »
Yeah bring a boat 🚣‍♀️

Offline Hardwaterlipn147

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8308 on: Feb 03, 2018, 02:50 PM »
Seriously my buddy's uncle said he was out there last weekend huh that's guys
weekend hooker!

Offline perchslappinmy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8309 on: Feb 03, 2018, 03:18 PM »
He’s a good dude! Sorry I keep forgetting to arrange meeting up. Old age. Don’t be afraid to bug me!
Maybe next week...might be 3 dozen ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.