New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1347018 times)

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #7980 on: Jan 20, 2018, 05:40 PM »
Anybody been near cotton point? Wondering how much ice is out there. Also how much snow is on the ice after the warmth today?
Jason

Offline Barebow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always fishing for something!
« Reply #7981 on: Jan 20, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Has anyone found an 8 inch lazer hand auger on Harris bay on either tuesday or after, my grandson left my spare auger out there by accident it is his primary auger,it is an older one....Thanks all for reading this post.....Barebow,  Curt Sweet...  text me 518307-4427

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7982 on: Jan 20, 2018, 08:20 PM »
Anybody been near cotton point? Wondering how much ice is out there. Also how much snow is on the ice after the warmth today?
There were a bunch of guys on Basin Bay today. Wheelers and everything, but I wouldn't go too far out towards the main lake without spudding. According to a guy with a hardside out there the ice goes from 10" to 2" real quick.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline Picardja

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7983 on: Jan 20, 2018, 10:15 PM »
How did you make out, is the ice still safe with all the heat, hope you found some kind of action. I plan on heading out Sunday if it looks okay, otherwise the coffee will be good and it will be a nice ride. Send Photos

Offline Buckmaster7600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7984 on: Jan 20, 2018, 11:17 PM »
Bob, I have never caught a 12” laker, but my deepest laker ever on LG was also my smallest. It was a strange thing. On the bottom in 180’ and 17”.

This summer trolling we started marking a bunch of fish on bottom in 150fow we dropped the riggers down there and caught 4 almost immediately all were between 12-15".  Those are the deepest and smallest lakers I have ever caugh on LG

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7985 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:42 AM »
This summer trolling we started marking a bunch of fish on bottom in 150fow we dropped the riggers down there and caught 4 almost immediately all were between 12-15".  Those are the deepest and smallest lakers I have ever caugh on LG

strange for sure.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7986 on: Jan 21, 2018, 08:06 AM »
Nothing like a ride on the touge train, perfect weather and a pile of lakers iced to make it a perfect Saturday. 

Offline bigpikekid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7987 on: Jan 21, 2018, 10:52 AM »
Thanks to some reading up on here and some advice from some friendly and helpful guys I managed to land my first ever lake trout Friday and added a few more between then and Saturday. Definitely a new style of fishing for me but I think I’m hooked now. Hope to meet a few of you guys some day and try to get into a few better fish. Biggest was 25” but I’ll take it. Thanks again for the help and good luck!

"No man is an icicle to himself, but each a piece of the whole cube."

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7988 on: Jan 21, 2018, 11:13 AM »
Congrats. Many more to come...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7989 on: Jan 21, 2018, 03:06 PM »
I’d like to fish out of vets this coming Friday but was told it’s only “half” frozen. Can anyone else chime in on the ice conditions there. Hoping to get out safely to at least 45-50 fow.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7990 on: Jan 21, 2018, 03:41 PM »
I’d like to fish out of vets this coming Friday but was told it’s only “half” frozen. Can anyone else chime in on the ice conditions there. Hoping to get out safely to at least 45-50 fow.

Whoever told you that is correct.  Nothing else to discuss.

Way to go bigpikekid.  I stopped chasing pike once I began laker fishing.

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7991 on: Jan 21, 2018, 04:07 PM »
Thanks to some reading up on here and some advice from some friendly and helpful guys I managed to land my first ever lake trout Friday and added a few more between then and Saturday. Definitely a new style of fishing for me but I think I’m hooked now. Hope to meet a few of you guys some day and try to get into a few better fish. Biggest was 25” but I’ll take it. Thanks again for the help and good luck!

Great fish Kid...  Congratulations...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline bigpikekid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7992 on: Jan 21, 2018, 04:17 PM »

Great fish Kid...  Congratulations...

Thank you, they got me hooked for sure
"No man is an icicle to himself, but each a piece of the whole cube."

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7993 on: Jan 21, 2018, 04:26 PM »
Thinking of trying heartstone weds for lakers I see a lot of depth any suggestions?

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #7994 on: Jan 21, 2018, 05:01 PM »
Thinking of trying heartstone weds for lakers I see a lot of depth any suggestions? Going for lakers
start shallow and work deep. In winter Lakers could be anywhere and they love to eat yellow perch there is a nice small bay that is loaded with perch rite there at hearthstone

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7995 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:17 PM »
How is the ice at Hague ? :unsure:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7996 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:32 PM »
What ice  ;D

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7997 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:45 PM »
DO NOT GO TO HAGUE FOR ICE FISHING... only saw guys at the base of tongue mountain out by the overlook this weekend.. Tried silver bay yesterday and couldn't get out on the ice from the pavilion on the point... 10" of ice off Snug harbor.. access limited.. shoreline was breaking up too. stick to the islands that froze first for a lil while and the south end..if you ask me we need another week of cold stuff to firm up this weekend's thaw.
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline Jake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7998 on: Jan 21, 2018, 06:54 PM »
Any vets updates, I got furloughed looking to fish with my son for Lakers and perch. Anyone want company Monday pm me pls , I can bring beverages/ bait. Heading up from albany

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7999 on: Jan 21, 2018, 10:13 PM »
Nothing like a ride on the touge train, perfect weather and a pile of lakers iced to make it a perfect Saturday. 

Too funny! Saw you guys go by me on Sat. am...glad to hear you guys had a good day too.
DEC ever bother the Lance train?

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8000 on: Jan 22, 2018, 12:01 AM »
Not that I am aware of. 

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8001 on: Jan 22, 2018, 12:51 AM »
Sorry I didn't get to chat with everyone out there with the togue train Saturday. My youngest had a fish on every time I turned around. He ended with 8 and passed 1 off to his older brother before we headed in for some perching at noon. I still can't get over how quick the kid took to it. I let him keep one bleeder. He has a hard time releasing fish still.  ;D
I fished for a total of 10 minutes. Landed one around 23" and broke off a PB. The kid took me to school.

The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8002 on: Jan 22, 2018, 05:54 AM »
I figured you were tied up!  My spouse nailed a nice one early and then I had to hustle to find them. 

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8003 on: Jan 22, 2018, 07:44 AM »
I figured you were tied up!  My spouse nailed a nice one early and then I had to hustle to find them.
I fished a ways south yesterday and was cursed with clouds of smelt buggering up my sonar all day.
We somehow picked a few with small buck shot jigs and sunk them on tipups that my buddies dragged out.
Of course... the biggest fish I saw landed all weekend hit a dead suspended smelt.
My tipups are coming out of retirement now that I have a machine to drag the junk. Next year we invest in rods and jaw jackers.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline njg0621

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8004 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:08 AM »
Man what a day yesterday. Landed over 20 and lost half that. Landed two pigs, one 30" and one 31". ! My dad and I doubled up multiple times. Awesome day!

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8005 on: Jan 22, 2018, 09:06 AM »
How’s the ice off mdb ? Is it thick enough out to the deep stuff for a wheeler yet?  I dont know the area that well , it’s going to be my first time fishing the lake. Maybe a better Parking spot?  I figure that the biggest one so I’d try it first. Any input will help thanks ! 

Offline butch76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8006 on: Jan 22, 2018, 10:16 AM »
Friday it was around a foot off MDB and wheelers were heading out from there to the north.

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8007 on: Jan 22, 2018, 10:59 AM »
Man what a day yesterday. Landed over 20 and lost half that. Landed two pigs, one 30" and one 31". ! My dad and I doubled up multiple times. Awesome day!

That is great! Especially being able to share the time with your father.  Any pics of the bigger ones?

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8008 on: Jan 22, 2018, 11:19 AM »

Tog train looks like a good time

Offline misha

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8009 on: Jan 22, 2018, 03:00 PM »

I don't know where you fished, I was at Heartstone and couldn't buy a bite. Actually I had one hook up, but it got off. That was it.
But it was my very first trip to LG....
Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing ??? ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.