New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1346905 times)

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #6930 on: Jan 31, 2017, 09:39 AM »
I have to imagine that if the skim ice is just hard enough to hold the snow the wind will blow it off. Im probably wrong i usually am but i'm just being optimistic.

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
« Reply #6931 on: Jan 31, 2017, 09:40 AM »
Ice sheet went all the way to long island, water is so cold now just need calm. Think there will be fishing off of MDB by this week end.

Fingers crossed!!! 🤞🤞🤞

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6932 on: Jan 31, 2017, 09:45 AM »
I have to imagine that if the skim ice is just hard enough to hold the snow the wind will blow it off. Im probably wrong i usually am but i'm just being optimistic.

I'm with you on that train of thought.  Booking lodging this afternoon for the weekend possibly....

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6933 on: Jan 31, 2017, 09:48 AM »
That's great news. Hopefully it sticks. We have 15mph+ winds coming for the next 3 days starting tomorrow...that's the issue.

Yep.. think if it does hold tonight, ice will grow all week, could have 4+ inches by weekend. If it doesn't it will be open water and then temps get mild again.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6934 on: Jan 31, 2017, 11:51 AM »
I'm with you on that train of thought.  Booking lodging this afternoon for the weekend possibly....

Where you coming from?

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6935 on: Jan 31, 2017, 12:19 PM »
I come from the northwest corner of CT.  It's about 3 hours so I hate doing the dual say trips.  Usually crash at the Super 8...

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #6936 on: Jan 31, 2017, 12:23 PM »
I come from the northwest corner of CT.  It's about 3 hours so I hate doing the dual say trips.  Usually crash at the Super 8...

dual say trips are the worst, how about another night at the ritzy wynwood?

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6937 on: Jan 31, 2017, 12:39 PM »
dual say trips are the worst, how about another night at the ritzy wynwood?

Na I wasn't impressed.  70 bones for a single room at Super 8 is more better...and I don't have to listen to anyone rapping while they rig laker rods.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6938 on: Jan 31, 2017, 12:46 PM »
Na I wasn't impressed.  70 bones for a single room at Super 8 is more better...and I don't have to listen to anyone rapping while they rig laker rods.... ;D ;D ;D

yo big-rizzle got the mad rhymes son.   Were you not impressed with the lyrical artistry?    Cash me outside how bout dat  ;D

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6939 on: Jan 31, 2017, 12:59 PM »
I think at 40 or so hours without sleep...one loses the desire to enjoy such artistry.  If a few guys wanted to throw in on a cabin at Trout House I could make that happen...assuming we are lucky enough to kick things off this weekend.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6940 on: Jan 31, 2017, 01:32 PM »
I think at 40 or so hours without sleep...one loses the desire to enjoy such artistry.  If a few guys wanted to throw in on a cabin at Trout House I could make that happen...assuming we are lucky enough to kick things off this weekend.

problem is its 45 mins from there to where will probably be getting on the ice

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6941 on: Jan 31, 2017, 05:52 PM »
I can not wait to get there Thursday. :thumbsup: Many other lakes have ice I she does not freeze up. :tipup: Hoping for ice by Sunday. The wind is a big factor ::)
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6942 on: Jan 31, 2017, 06:29 PM »
problem is its 45 mins from there to where will probably be getting on the ice

The lake for me is 3 hours from getting on the ice so 45 minutes is like 10 minutes to me.  Also maybe it wouldn't be 45 minutes right? 

Then again if the ice is stable I'd sleep on it too. 

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6943 on: Jan 31, 2017, 07:26 PM »
It's an hour for me and no problem at all. I'll do it on week days to fish for an hour and a half.

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6944 on: Jan 31, 2017, 08:35 PM »
I've never had the pleasure of fishing the king by u guys sure do talk it up 😂🤣 only about 45 mins for me

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6945 on: Jan 31, 2017, 08:42 PM »
Depends on what you like to fish for. Lake George can be a ton of fun but it can be tough oit there like anywhere.

Offline Brucebob7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6946 on: Feb 01, 2017, 05:44 AM »
I Don't Care How Far Away it is until we get Enough Ice it's a Death Sentence Never trust that Lake Stay Safe no Fish Worth ur life !!!!!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6947 on: Feb 01, 2017, 05:47 AM »
I Don't Care How Far Away it is until we get Enough Ice it's a Death Sentence Never trust that Lake Stay Safe no Fish Worth ur life !!!!!

Statistically getting in your car to drive there is a death sentence...A little spudding, a big pair and all will be well.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6948 on: Feb 01, 2017, 06:49 AM »
Yea appreciate the thought but lets leave that stuff to the oneida lake thread. Ill be out when I want to go out and no ones going to tell me different. We have a pretty good network of guys here. Between guys who live out there and guys willing to drive the couple hour round trip to check it we will stay in touch with eachother and be juuust fine. Of all the lakes i fish lake george seems to be one that once capped can form good clear ice pretty fast. Spud, floatation, rope, a buddy with a tope and 3 inchs and im fishing.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6949 on: Feb 01, 2017, 07:56 AM »
I could have predicted the lake locked up this week and the first people will venture out soon .....  about two months ago when i booked 3 days in Michigan for a college visit with my daughter  ::)

We head back Saturday morning so i'm hoping there are a few fish left Sunday  .....   the only thing that could be better than a day of jigging lakers on the king would be a day of jigging lakers on the king followed up by watching the Patriots lose  ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6950 on: Feb 01, 2017, 08:20 AM »
To that end John I am happy I got the wrenching done last weekend.  Skipping a week of ice fishing was weird....

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6951 on: Feb 01, 2017, 08:48 AM »
My assertation is that I will be jigging lakers by Feb 5.

Might have been off by one day ;D   :icefish:  suck it, doubters  @) and i mean that in the kindest of ways  :tipup:

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6952 on: Feb 01, 2017, 08:52 AM »
I know a lot of you guys fish together. If fished with ship quite a few times but dont think iv met the rest of you. I might head out saturday morning to check it out and if its not ready go to schroon. Anyone going to check mdb saturday? Ill be solo saturday sp knowing someone other people will be around will be reassuring.

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6953 on: Feb 01, 2017, 09:01 AM »
Took a drive this morning after the storm and ice is holding from mdb to about paulist with only a skim on the end of my spud. There is ice all along the east shore from paulist thru duhnams and looked like up towards li a little harris was out to at least li and katskill had a good amount of ice aswell the little snow we got last night might save it thru this temps today hopefully then we can get back to building ice again... hopefully

Offline wranglerdrvr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6954 on: Feb 01, 2017, 09:18 AM »
I know a lot of you guys fish together. If fished with ship quite a few times but dont think iv met the rest of you. I might head out saturday morning to check it out and if its not ready go to schroon. Anyone going to check mdb saturday? Ill be solo saturday sp knowing someone other people will be around will be reassuring.

Probably headed to Schroon Saturday, was gonna do a drive by on the way back in the daylight instead of way up.  Feel free to drop me a PM

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6955 on: Feb 01, 2017, 09:19 AM »
Might have been off by one day ;D   :icefish:  suck it, doubters  @) and i mean that in the kindest of ways  :tipup:

I hope in a few days you quote this and say I was wrong!!  You know I have no problem eating humble pie!  But I was thinking last night the open water in the basin is going to hurt with the wind coming.  Had serious water splashing out of our holes earlier this season when a little 8 mph breeze came up, and that was in a bay.  Please, I beg you though, rub it in my face if I'm wrong!  I'll probably be there with you to take it like a man!
I love clipboard man

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6956 on: Feb 01, 2017, 09:22 AM »
I hope in a few days you quote this and say I was wrong!!  You know I have no problem eating humble pie!  But I was thinking last night the open water in the basin is going to hurt with the wind coming.  Had serious water splashing out of our holes earlier this season when a little 8 mph breeze came up, and that was in a bay.  Please, I beg you though, rub it in my face if I'm wrong!  I'll probably be there with you to take it like a man!

Oh Jon you take this too seriously ;D.   I'm hoping to get out monday, should be enough ice for me by then.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6957 on: Feb 01, 2017, 10:03 AM »
Oh Jon you take this too seriously ;D.   I'm hoping to get out monday, should be enough ice for me by then.

I'm going to wear my floaties  and insure the Feb 5 date is upheld....

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6958 on: Feb 01, 2017, 10:07 AM »
I'm going to wear my floaties  and insure the Feb 5 date is upheld....

you ain't going swimming on my birthday if I can help it.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6959 on: Feb 01, 2017, 10:16 AM »
Only thing I want swimming is lakers down the hole in the ice....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.