New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1347139 times)

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #6780 on: Jan 12, 2017, 08:07 AM »
Oh boy. Here we go
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6781 on: Jan 12, 2017, 08:08 AM »
lol lets not do the global warming thing on the lake george bs thread. Id hate to see it get locked and that topic is a sure fire way to get people fired up.

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6782 on: Jan 12, 2017, 08:13 AM »
sorry I retract the statement.  didn't mean to start anything

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6783 on: Jan 12, 2017, 08:21 AM »
you didnt aj just a little fun poking. this lake needs to freeze.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6784 on: Jan 12, 2017, 08:52 AM »
cold air is coming...10 days or less...we'll be doing our thing by February ;)

What 10'day forecast are you looking at?

Offline adktony

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6785 on: Jan 12, 2017, 08:57 AM »
unfortunately a buddy of mine finally broke down and bought a new flasher so now lg wont freeze...  :P

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #6786 on: Jan 12, 2017, 09:36 AM »
What 10'day forecast are you looking at?

10 day forecasts are junk.  This is what you should be going by, see where all those lines dip at the end, that means its gonna get C O L D.   Its not an exact science, but it gives us a better idea what is going on with the large air masses across North America.   My assertation is that I will be jigging lakers by Feb 5.   Everyone will be able to perch fish their favorite spots by Feb 1.    I really really hope that I'm right, but there's no guarentees in this game.  :whistle: :icefish:

I won't be completely disappointed if we don't get back on the king.   I've already jigged up 28 lakers in two days fishing, a couple bombers too.   A warm february just means I get to do a lot of steelhead fishing.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6787 on: Jan 12, 2017, 10:06 AM »
fingers crossed

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6788 on: Jan 14, 2017, 12:11 PM »
10 day forecasts are junk.  This is what you should be going by, see where all those lines dip at the end, that means its gonna get C O L D.   Its not an exact science, but it gives us a better idea what is going on with the large air masses across North America.   My assertation is that I will be jigging lakers by Feb 5.   Everyone will be able to perch fish their favorite spots by Feb 1.    I really really hope that I'm right, but there's no guarentees in this game.  :whistle: :icefish:
[img http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/precip/CWlink/pna/nao.sprd2.gif[/img]http://I won't be completely disappointed if we don't get back on the king.   I've already jigged up 28 lakers in two days fishing, a couple bombers too.   A warm february just means I get to do a lot of steelhead fishing.

I want to believe... But the NAO Index hasn't helped much this year if you compare it to our temps.

When it spikes high we do always get warm-ups. But when it's low, temps can go either way.

The predictions for the NAO have also undershot pretty bad this year too.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6789 on: Jan 14, 2017, 12:33 PM »
Everyday I look at the weather, the temps go up across the board. I want to believe you big red, that LG will be locked up by the end of the month, but it doesn't look good.

Offline sameoljets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6790 on: Jan 14, 2017, 01:35 PM »
Its my fault just like i said🚽 Soon as I bought that damned flasher....dammit tony💣

Offline gitthegaff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Fish on"
« Reply #6791 on: Jan 14, 2017, 01:56 PM »
I'm not betting on Lance, I think he's right on the mark. Feb. 5th Laker Fishing ! Fingers crossed
Paul

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6792 on: Jan 14, 2017, 04:37 PM »
I'm with ya Lance.I say boo to all those nay sayers......just like last year! See ya on the king sir

Offline Reel_Force

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6793 on: Jan 14, 2017, 07:03 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I won't be completely disappointed if we don't get back on the king.   I've already jigged up 28 lakers in two days fishing, a couple bombers too.   A warm february just means I get to do a lot of steelhead fishing.

You been hangin out with Snagger - lol just kiddin my friend. I really hope your right! I need my Knob Laker fix ... BAD! Watch your inbox.

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6794 on: Jan 14, 2017, 08:28 PM »
Lakers on champlain are biting  ;)
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline delawareriver

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6795 on: Jan 14, 2017, 10:18 PM »
Bigred your inbox is full

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6796 on: Jan 14, 2017, 10:52 PM »
There's 17 days left for it to happen. All it takes is one calm -0 night and she could be ready.  I've seen plenty of -0 temps come in place of double digit predictions. I've been on the laker grounds within 24 hours of an initial freeze. Let's hope for it to happen. These smaller lakes need a break!!

Offline Reel_Force

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6797 on: Jan 14, 2017, 11:42 PM »
Lakers on champlain are biting  ;)

Thanks... LG really holds a special place in my heart. I only ice fish Lakers and this is the place I want to do it. I have fished Schroon before - It's just not the same to me. Thanks for the info though!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6798 on: Jan 15, 2017, 03:33 AM »

Thanks... LG really holds a special place in my heart. I only ice fish Lakers and this is the place I want to do it. I have fished Schroon before - It's just not the same to me. Thanks for the info though!
              I know what you mean, I fish other species but LG has it hands down, there is something about her that is unique!
              I live just 10 miles from LG and I'm in awe every  time I get out on it! The ice will come, we will be out!

IW

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6799 on: Jan 15, 2017, 08:12 AM »
I'm with ya Lance.I say boo to all those nay sayers......just like last year! See ya on the king sir

The nay sayers were not plowing through lakers like we did in a very limited time last year....it will happen...

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6800 on: Jan 16, 2017, 07:10 AM »
Took a ride by harris yesterday, two guys were loading a sled to head out, didn't look safe to me.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6801 on: Jan 16, 2017, 08:30 AM »
Took a ride by harris yesterday, two guys were loading a sled to head out, didn't look safe to me.
I was really tempted to may a go at it yesterday. Last year's polar swim has me a little wiser this year.  :P
If Last Wednesday and Thursday didn't open it up, it was building ice from Friday until now.
This weeks weather is walking that fine line of building or opening that area completely. Pray those forcasts are high by just a few degrees and that place will be a zoo in a week.  ;D
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6802 on: Jan 16, 2017, 02:43 PM »
There were 3 or 4 guys out there this morning just beyond the Marina to the east of the Islands. Also 4 or 5 on Kaatskill/Warner Bay
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6803 on: Jan 16, 2017, 03:43 PM »
How does huddle bay look?

Offline sameoljets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6804 on: Jan 16, 2017, 03:50 PM »
Patches of ice in front of Chics, Out to about sweet briar island.  Bubbler is running at the huddle beach dock

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6805 on: Jan 16, 2017, 04:19 PM »
Y is thete even a dock at huddle bay beach unless I'm missing something it's not a boat launch I highly doubt boaters would dock there to walk into bolton seems like a useless dock to me

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6806 on: Jan 16, 2017, 04:22 PM »
I can not wait until the first week in feb. It is my favorite place to ice fish. That is saying allot  for me . I grew up in Maine :icefish:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6807 on: Jan 16, 2017, 04:42 PM »
Y is thete even a dock at huddle bay beach, seems like a useless dock to me
I've thought the same thing. Last year,i walked out on 4"and there were no bubbler's. Coming off I noticed what looked like open water along the shoreline. No, it was a massive amount of water weighing the ice down. Someone told me the town had just come down, cracked a hole and put the bubbler's in. Why!?

Offline sameoljets

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6808 on: Jan 16, 2017, 06:34 PM »
Town of Bolton is very anti ice fisherman

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #6809 on: Jan 16, 2017, 06:42 PM »
Town of Bolton is very anti ice fisherman

Just like the guy who lives on the North edge of the Vet's access who's always trying to wipe out the ice with his ice eater. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.