New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1347058 times)

Fishmon

Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #6330 on: Feb 23, 2016, 09:11 PM »
Those are really nice. I have a fin-s collection of soft baits that are dynamite for panfish and the bigger things that swim out there. ;)  Nice hobby to have and you are obviously good at it.

Offline iceshantyrookie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6331 on: Feb 23, 2016, 10:41 PM »
Fished out of million dollar this afternoon in 50-55 fow. Where are the lakers???? Didn't mark a single fish. Gonna get out over deep water this weekend and try to change that

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6332 on: Feb 24, 2016, 05:02 AM »
WOW   :o :o  I checked out you tube and yes getting set up to make plastic bait is VERY EXPENSIVE. Ice 88 how do I buy some of them off you if your selling them??? PM me if you want. Thanks

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6333 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:02 AM »
LGSB Co fixed their webcam, works really well now http://www.lakegeorgesteamboat.com/about/webcam/ just one lone shanty out today

Offline Fish Farmer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6334 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:39 AM »
Did anyone hear about the 15lb 4oz salmon that was caught on Sunday?

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6335 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:46 AM »
Did anyone hear about the 15lb 4oz salmon that was caught on Sunday?

Yes, there's pics of it on here and it has its own thread on the NY board... look a couple pages back, it's titled Salmon of a Lifetime
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6336 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:55 AM »
How'd that happen Jon?  Perch slappin, my comment was tounge in cheek, I don't want to harsh on anyones passion, looks like he's pumping out some nice stuff.  I see a few things I could instantly apply to my fishing!

Drill hole 10 feet from a tipup set for salmon, between my shanty and tipup so not only would he tangle my line, I wouldn't even see the flag go up! lol.  Late start due to icy roads, headed back at it!
I love clipboard man

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #6337 on: Feb 24, 2016, 07:51 AM »
I would be cautious guys, especially anywhere deep.  We took a day off yesturday and tried to get back to good laker water.  Where we had been fishing saturday is now all open water.   There is also a big swath of open water going from basin bay south of dome all the way across to pilot knob.   Checked out sabbath day point, big patches of open water there too.    The ice out deep off of vets was in very bad shape.    We found one area on the north end with 3" of good ice, but once the sun came out, it started to get very weak and the spud started going right through it, we had to get off the water.   

I was shocked at the crowd off of bixby, that was one of the last places to freeze...

be careful out there.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6338 on: Feb 24, 2016, 08:25 AM »
Drill hole 10 feet from a tipup set for salmon, between my shanty and tipup so not only would he tangle my line, I wouldn't even see the flag go up! lol.  Late start due to icy roads, headed back at it!

That is too bad...especially when it happens to someone with manners like yourself.  Personally I may have freaked out a bit...but thats just me. Catch them up!  I am patiently awaiting the weekend.

Crazy Lance, one day were standing out there the next you could fish from a boat.  What a difference from last year!

Offline Ammo5254

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6339 on: Feb 24, 2016, 08:26 AM »
What about Harris?

JJ

Offline njg0621

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6341 on: Feb 24, 2016, 10:13 AM »
God I hope he mounted that fish!

How old do you think that salmon is?

JJ

« Reply #6342 on: Feb 24, 2016, 10:55 AM »
Article said it is at a taxidermist, and DEC will get a scale sample to age the fish. I would think at least 5 or 6 years old, they don't live long like lakers do.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6343 on: Feb 24, 2016, 03:18 PM »
Kids were off from school today so wife and I decided to bring the kids out to play in the rain and try for some perch.took a few holes to find them but once we did we didn't have to drill another hole,4 of us banged 183 nice size perch between 930 and 130 we had tip ups out had 3 flags hit and spit,lots of water on the ice when we left,holes were draining water shore wasn't looking to good either c what happens with this rain

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6344 on: Feb 24, 2016, 04:24 PM »
Another good day.  @)
I love clipboard man

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6345 on: Feb 24, 2016, 05:12 PM »
Kids were off from school today so wife and I decided to bring the kids out to play in the rain and try for some perch.took a few holes to find them but once we did we didn't have to drill another hole,4 of us banged 183 nice size perch between 930 and 130 we had tip ups out had 3 flags hit and spit,lots of water on the ice when we left,holes were draining water shore wasn't looking to good either c what happens with this rain
              That's my son and his family, diehard ice fisherpeople! :clap:

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #6346 on: Feb 24, 2016, 05:47 PM »
Now that's the way to spend a day off from school...Way to go Mealworm and family!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6347 on: Feb 24, 2016, 05:49 PM »
              That's my son and his family, diehard ice fisherpeople! :clap:

IW
yeah we killed it today....not quite as good as that time u brought us kids out and got 235 perch.....how long ago 30+ years ago lol

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6348 on: Feb 24, 2016, 05:50 PM »
Nice work Logan.  Jon nice work as well! 

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6349 on: Feb 24, 2016, 05:55 PM »
jon sux

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6350 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:00 PM »
Thanx low (jon) my 6 year old is turning into quite the little fisherman was very impressed sepicaly when he took my vex and told me to get my own fish finder that 1 was his....friggen kid lol

Offline backwoodsboy-

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6351 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:05 PM »
Thanx low (jon) my 6 year old is turning into quite the little fisherman was very impressed sepicaly when he took my vex and told me to get my own fish finder that 1 was his....friggen kid lol
lol thats awesome mealworm how much ice is left

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6352 on: Feb 24, 2016, 06:07 PM »

that's awesome!!!!!
I love clipboard man

Offline crazyforfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6353 on: Feb 24, 2016, 07:00 PM »
Caught this beauty jigging for perch on saturday
randy

Offline mike thebutcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6354 on: Feb 24, 2016, 07:20 PM »
Helluva fish. Anybody think we'll be able to get on tomorrow? I'm gonna head up, might have to go further north.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6355 on: Feb 24, 2016, 07:26 PM »

Little 3rd gen fisherman huh?  Nothing better than passing on that torch! 

My daughter is getting there at nearly 4 years old.  We were out local sunday, she spent more time netting smalls in the bucket and pulling an empty sled around but its a start!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6356 on: Feb 24, 2016, 07:32 PM »
Nice lls CFF
Little 3rd gen fisherman huh?  Nothing better than passing on that torch! 

My daughter is getting there at nearly 4 years old.  We were out local sunday, she spent more time netting smalls in the bucket and pulling an empty sled around but its a start!
he got an early start had him on the ice at 6 months old he's been on the ice ever since kid is addicted to fishing.I think at about 4 he too was more intrested in what was going on in the bait bucket than anything else

Offline jon ny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6357 on: Feb 24, 2016, 07:43 PM »

Thanks, hope that was better to look at than the admin??  ;D
I love clipboard man

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6358 on: Feb 24, 2016, 07:56 PM »
Yes Jon LMAO....In May we move offices and were seperating my sales team and the big boss from her, the support engineers and marketing.  It will be nice not having a wookie watch me work all day!

Offline sleibo22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6359 on: Feb 24, 2016, 09:17 PM »
Cannot be any hope of fishing LG this weekend? Anyone know conditions on NW Bay? Was thinking maybe a touch better? Thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.