Author Topic: trapper lake,,,,,  (Read 2317 times)

Offline willowking

• IceShanty Rookie
trapper lake,,,,,
« on: Dec 08, 2016, 03:02 PM »
has anyone ever ventured to trapper lake for pike during the winter,, I was just wondering where a person can park and unload there snowmachines and any kind of a trail to get in there.. lake is across from sheep creek I believe.

Offline RipLipp

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: trapper lake,,,,,
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2016, 05:02 PM »
Some friends of mine used to go up there every winter to fish for pike. They would snow machine in. Not sure where the trail is.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2016, 10:58 PM »
I have done it.  Pike fishing was decent.  Place is full of cabins and well used in the winter.   I parked at Susitna Landing and paid for day use.  The trail was well marked and easy to follow, I think it took about 30 minutes to get to the lake if memory serves me correctly.

Offline jiggenfrogs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2016, 10:50 AM »
I have done it.  Pike fishing was decent.  Place is full of cabins and well used in the winter.   I parked at Susitna Landing and paid for day use.  The trail was well marked and easy to follow, I think it took about 30 minutes to get to the lake if memory serves me correctly.
We did the same thing a few years back...Susitna landing and followed river to trail head.  I think it is a little under 10 miles from the landing.
If you wantah be a fishah you gotah smoke a swishah!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.