Author Topic: Hey Barleydog  (Read 1665 times)

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
Hey Barleydog
« on: Feb 28, 2005, 12:26 AM »
We made it into Koole Lake Saturday, the lake is located about 16 trail miles south of the cabin at Lost Lake across the Tanana River towards the mountains.

Looking back across the Tanana after crossing...

Looking north up the Little Delta 5 to 6 miles up from the Tanana...

Looking south up the Little Delta 5 to 6 miles up from the Tanana at the Alaska Range...

Some views from Koole Lake looking south to the mountains...

Steve's first fish of the day...

And juggling the fish...

And the catch, 4 nice rainbows...

Not much for fish, but nothing beats a day in God's country. Stay safe my friend.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Hey Barleydog
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2005, 08:43 AM »
Cool pics for sure.

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2005, 01:29 PM »
Do any of you guy's up in AK realize how incredibly fortunate you are to live in such a fabulous state? ??? I think that if my wife were to come to her sense's and throw me out, that I would move there too. It would be cool though! 8) BARLEYDOG said I could sleep on his couch! :o ;D ;)DIRTBALL2
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2005, 01:43 PM »
WOW!!!!  :o Dangit Kevin!!!  Those are some really pretty shots.  Didn't realize your getting close to the range!  Hey, which mt. is that in the background?  I have to say, those fish are really colorful.  Thanks for sharing those shots!   I'm working the guy over for information on Blair Lake, so don't think I forgot you!  p.s. good to see your camera works so well! J.D.

Keith, your still on the couch and moving up to the bedroom!  Thanks again for the mags and lights!  Your truly generous!
TEAM ALASKA

Offline KP_Alaska

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • George Lake February '09
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2005, 04:25 PM »
J.D.
I believe that is Mt. Hess, 12,030 ft. We are headed back across this Saturday to ride closer to the mountains, I'll be sure to take the camera. Never seen rainbows with that deep red before either. Looks like it might be Easter weekend before I can head to Blair Lakes.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2005, 10:58 PM »
Kevin,
Blair has quite a few pike, however, (this was told to me by one of the range folks) they are kinda small.  He's not a real serious fishermen, but does know the lake.  Fish the far end from the "access" area, (whatever or wherever that is?)  Be carefull of natural springs!!!  Take care and knock em dead!
TEAM ALASKA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.