Author Topic: BARLEYDOG  (Read 2577 times)

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
BARLEYDOG
« on: Nov 29, 2004, 06:31 AM »
When I logged in this morning, I was delighted to see that barleydog was online. Don't know where or if he has posted. Just glad to know that he is doing OK. Thanks for what you and all our service men and women are doing. DIRTBALL2  aka:Keith
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Re: BARLEYDOG
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2004, 06:46 AM »
Kieth, All is well here!  I was trying to contact Yourself, GMoe, and "Marine Mike".  Don't know if the mail is getting through, but "if not" let em know I'm doing great and keeping my head down...  You really take life for granted when your over here.  I would much rather be sitting on a bucket on the ice with my boys now, that's for sure!  You guys in AK need to post some pics!  Icy Mike and KP, you guys b etter make me homesick eh!  Take care and god bless.  Jim ;)
TEAM ALASKA

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2004, 05:26 PM »
Hey Barleydog! ;D! ;D! ;D! ;D! ;D

glad to see all is well.  Hope you get home soon because I am planning on heading north a little later in the year.  I told my wife all I wanted for Christmas was a couple of weekends to fish Lake Louise and the Fairbanks area (for burbot).  I have been on the ice a couple of times so far.  The first was a bust but had fun with the kids, then I fished in the rain on Big Lake.  Got soaked and no fish- although the guy fishing behind me pulled up a nice burb'.  I will try to post some pictures for you (no digital camera yet so I will have to scan them).  Hope to hear from you soon.  You are all in our prayers.

Icy Mike

Offline NimrodHunting

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2004, 06:16 PM »
 Howdie alaskanites... just some dweeb from the lower 48 that likes to check out things in alaska. I am posting because i want to say something.    God bless ya Barleydog.. keep your head down and keep safe.  Thanks for what you are doing man.
                               "Save some for seed"
                                       Bob aka Nimrod Hunting                       

Save  some for seed.
                                    Bob

grumpymoe

Re: BARLEYDOG & address
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2004, 06:41 PM »
come on everyone from the great state of Alaska....Jim is doing his country duty and sacrificing home and family as we approach the festive season...wont be the same without him actually safe and sound....with family and friends....so here's his address from general chit chat.....keep safe bud....and we look forward to your return...GrumpNice to hear that barleydog is doing ok...stationed in Kuwait but still not the safest place to be servicing outposts.....here's Jims address for anyone that wants to keep in touch....hope to hear from you soon bud...Grump......                                      MSgt. J.D. Ferris
732d ECES Det 12
Camp Arifjan
APO AE 09366

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2004, 12:42 AM »
Thanks folks for the kind words and praise!~  Hope all is going well on the ice and the fish are cooperating!  I will be keeping in touch as soon as work slows down, (funny eh! war never slows.)  Keep us in your prayers!  God Bless...  ;)
TEAM ALASKA

grumpymoe

« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2005, 09:53 AM »
Bump ;D ;D

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2005, 02:18 PM »
Yes thanks for the work you're doing!! I was in the army a long time ago and know how hard it is to be away from home and family!!! Be safe and good luck.

Robb :tipup:

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2005, 03:55 AM »
Hello from the desert!  I finally roped in a computer and checked into the shanty.  Good to see everyone is catching fish!  I hope you all save some for me?  Trying to recon a trip to the gulf for some saltwater action.  See if the Navy will let me fish off a peir or two.  Good luck with the season everyone! ;)  Jim
TEAM ALASKA

Offline DIRTBALL2

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2005, 04:23 AM »
Barleydog, Good to see you are able to be up and take nourishment. Glad to hear of the possibility that you may get to wet a line. Those anchor jockey's usually aren't too hard to dazzle. It's been kind of hard to get out fishing here in Minnesota. We have had about 2 weeks of bad snowstorm's and high winds. I did manage to get down to Upper Red Lake and you should have seen the limit of crappies I caught. The biggest one was almost 15 inch's long. Think I'm going down there again this Friday. How much longer have you got over there? You a short timer yet? Stay well Jim. Keep your head down and we'll see you home soon.Regards, DIRTBALL2...aka:Keith 8)
YOU CAN'T BS AN OLD BS'ER!

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2005, 05:50 AM »
DB2,  You know they take care of us Air Force boys...  Real nice change of pace visiting a Navy base, not high tempo like the Army post. :)  Did catch a couple nice looking ocean bream, (or so the locals called them.)  Looked kinda like parrot fish to me?  But fishing is fishing, and I didn't have to wear a flack vest, sooooo FISHON!  Good luck guys and tight lines... Jim 
TEAM ALASKA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.