Author Topic: do you put lures on your tipups  (Read 1655 times)

Offline summitx

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
do you put lures on your tipups
« on: Nov 27, 2004, 10:21 PM »
Most of the time I put a small lure on my tipup to give it a little flash with my herring chunk, seems like the northerns like the fluresnet green color better. Was wondering if anybody else does the same with the tipups

Offline Madbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: do you put lures on your tipups
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2005, 08:37 PM »
I put a chartuse spinner blade on my quike strike rig dont know if it helps or not ???
MADBOMBER ><))))))))))))))(*>

Offline icy mike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nope!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2005, 10:33 PM »
I've been wanting to try a Storm Wildeye or Gitzit soft plastic with a small piece of herring for flavor.  I'll let you all know if it works.'

Icy Mike

Offline Corey16

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2005, 11:11 PM »
I jigged for awhile on flathorn with one of those large storm wildeyes(green and white/silver) with no success.  But maybe tipping it with a bit of herring will help.  They sure look cool in the water though.

fish_slayer

« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2005, 11:26 PM »
A little addition to the bait is always good, the usual setup for me is a flouresent green trouble hook, or regular hook, but flourescent I think is better, and a little spoon on the line or leader as well has always worked well for pike on tip ups, are leaders commonly used up there, I use either a leader or thick mono.  I know you can't use live bait up there, but we use shiners, like a giant minnow, and they work dead too, so if anyone has tried it or wants to let me know what u think that would be nice.  also does anyone use a jig and dead fish combo (herring or shiners) for jigging pike.  I use a shiner, but wondered if a chunck of herring would work well on an airplane hair jig for pike, everyone seems to do alot of jigging for pike up there, here its all tip ups for most people, I tried jigging for pike, and I love it, I get more fish and have a fun time doing it.
fishslayer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.